KTK 2.09.31 Test Server - Please report any bug you find

• 3. Only thing which could cause that (at least the only one i can think of) is that he died while he had no model attached, were you able to shoot him?

In one round he was completely invinsible, couldn't shoot / kill nor see him. The next round we saw him again and we could kill him too, but only in the the Killcam he was invinsible.

1. I was throwing some knives now and i did never inflict damage twice.
    Do you also throw two knives when it happens (ammo reduced by two)?
    What's the damage you have set for the throwing knives?
    Maybe it hits the player a second time on its way to the ground.

I was able to kill him in 2 shots. Don't know how it was for other players.

• 1. Can you tell me which map was played and which was voted?
    Also could you check the log, maybe it's because a wrong mapname is given back from the vote.

Someone needs to help me there, as I don't remember well. I usually come on the server after this happened, to change the map and fix the problem. The thing I don't remember, is if the last round just ends and no vote appears, or if there is a vote but after the vote nothing happens?
    Also, from what I remember, it doesn't happen on a specific map. But I may be wrong.

2. the finalkillcam uses the same dvars as the normal killcam because the scripts are basically the same.

Ok!

Test the maps local on your computer please, i don't think it's a good idea to crash the server every now and then

Can this really cause problems? O.o Just a server restart and everything is fine, isn't it?

1. I was throwing some knives now and i did never inflict damage twice.
    Do you also throw two knives when it happens (ammo reduced by two)?
    What's the damage you have set for the throwing knives?
    Maybe it hits the player a second time on its way to the ground.

Dmg is set to 134 (so it can kill terminator in 3 hits if you play really well ;) ). But I think this bug was happening before I changed the value.
    I'm pretty sure I don't throw 2 knives. Can't be 100% sure, but I'm pretty sure I always had 3 knives to throw in total even when one was hitting twice.
    Maybe it hits him on his way to the ground yes. But it's really really quick. Like if you shoot 2 bullets of a fast automatic gun in a row (I mean the hitmarkers are very close).

Just added the dvars to define which weapons the assassins get from the box, and the dvars to disable the hardpoints separately on each map
    Both things will come with the next mod.ff. (when depends on how much you find in the current mod ^^)

Awesome thanks! ;)

EDIT 1: the RC + Fullbright Bug still exists

Viking said in his post above yours that he couldn't do anything about this ^^

PS:
    1) I haven't checked, were you able to remove the poison nade logging from the logs? It's really, really annoying ^^
    2) What about adding a button under the "Add server to favorites", to make possible to check the "home page" (with the motd) any time we want?
    3) Sent you 2 other bugs through PM (Might not be a good idea to state them here ^^ )

Edit: Someone posted smth here: ktk test server
    Though nothing important, already reported stuff.

Edit2:
    All these maps seem to work, if that interests you (at least they don't make the server crash :P Just tried to put them all yesterday while I was alone on the server):
    mp_shipment;mp_killhouse;lolzor;mp_nuketown;mp_bog;mp_convoy;mp_crash;mp_crash_snow;mp_killhouse;mp_shipment;mp_showdown;mp_strike;mp_bazaar;mp_meanstreet2;mp_uprise;mp_slide;mp_modern_rust;mp_poolday

Edit3:
    Edited my first post with "Stuff which needs to be tested/verified". It's not exhaustive at all and I'll need to edit it later; but if you don't know what to check on the test server think about checking the first post :P

__________________________________________S_____I_____G_____N_____A_____T_____U_____R_____E__________________________________________

Any problem with a 3xP' server (server down, download loop,...)? - Feel free to mention it in the shoutbox so an admin can take care of it.
    ______________________________________________________________________________

3xP' TS3 IP: ts.3xP-Clan.com | Click here to directly join it.

4 Mal editiert, zuletzt von UFaced ()

• if you are only player in game you cant goof around (you are like frozzen and cant move until few players are in game and the game starts)

It has always been this way in all KTK versions ^^ 3 players are needed to start the game. But since @Viking is an awesome guy he'll change it to 2, won't he? :D

Anyway, bugs reports should be posted on this thread: KTK 2.09.31 Test Server - Please report any bug you find

__________________________________________S_____I_____G_____N_____A_____T_____U_____R_____E__________________________________________

Any problem with a 3xP' server (server down, download loop,...)? - Feel free to mention it in the shoutbox so an admin can take care of it.

• PS:
    1) I haven't checked, were you able to remove the poison nade logging from the logs? It's really, really annoying ^^
    2) What about adding a button under the "Add server to favorites", to make possible to check the "home page" (with the motd) any time we want?
    3) Sent you 2 other bugs through PM (Might not be a good idea to state them here ^^ )

1. I have spoken with other modders about it and they don't know a solution either.
    It also appears when the helicopter is playing a smoke effect when crashing, kinda annoying i know.
    2. I like it :)
    3.1. I'll check the thing with the rccar and see how to fix it.
    3.2. I'll check if i can add a delay between the shots.

@Viking: you like fullquotes? xD

Haha no, but when quoting several people in one answer i'm simply to lazy to edit every quote :D

• Javelins dont have ammo to use after acquiring as an Assassin from the Box.

Another thing, after some testing we realised People of each others teams are able to climb each other building a tower. Isnt that a good idea for Assassins reaching campy places through making a Human Tower?
    I know the disadvantage of that being able to block each other again. Just an idea of me.

• Javelins dont have ammo to use after acquiring as an Assassin from the Box.

Another thing, after some testing we realised People of each others teams are able to climb each other building a tower. Isnt that a good idea for Assassins reaching campy places through making a Human Tower?
    I know the disadvantage of that being able to block each other again. Just an idea of me.

About Javelin, Viking wrote this earlier in this thread:
    "Javelin counter is always 0 because i'm giving the ammo to the player when he found a target, otherwise he can shoot without having a target.
    After 3 fired shots (no death or ammo pickup between) you can only aim but not fire the javelin."

And about the human tower, I didn't get it, wtf is that O.o

What do you mean by "climb"? Like when you can press space to climb over a wall? O.o
    And I also didn't understand if you meant that assassins can climb on other assassins and guards over other guards, or assassins can climb over guards (or the contrary)?

• Thanks for the Javelin Information, missed it appearently even though i went through the whole post.
    Right sorry if I didnt explain it Clearly. Its only possible so far that if one of them is crouching the other one can jump on him without assistance.

Assassins can Climb Guards and vice versa. Its not possible to Climb your Teammate like a Assassin another one. My thought was to make it possible for a Team or especially for Assassins to make them able to Climb each other. Guards would be bad because of the Glitching possibility. And with the Disadvantage i meant about being able to block each other like in the Vanilla CoD4 not being able to pass through teammates like most mods allow due to risks of Teammates blocking Entrances with evil intent.

More easier a Example of the Human Tower i meant:

Assassin
    Guard
    Assassin
    Guard
    Ground
    In that row.

Kinda useless in actual Gameplay, but i just noticed lol.

Edit:
    We conducted some Tests with the Crate and the Tripwire is kinda Overpowered. Its able to One-Hit Kill the King and all other enemies within reach. Its a nice Idea for Guards to be on guard (:P) but the Power of the explosion is making it to deadly.

Another thing i found out is, the King starts with Slight of Hand i presume from seeing his default Reloading Speed, right? After he got downed and revived he looses that Perk. Not sure if Intented so im just mentioning it if it might not be.

• Assassins can Climb Guards and vice versa

Cod has player collisions which i can't change within a mod.
    To disable it you will need the 1.7a files.

I would like to see the option to choose between dog or slave. I really hate being dog to be honest. Should this be possible? Or not allowed because of the rules.

Can you specify it?
    Do you mean a player should be allowed to choose if he wants to be a dog or a slave?
    The mod already chooses a slave if the dog is disabled on the map, that's why the minplayers can't be lower than 3 players.

• We conducted some Tests with the Crate and the Tripwire is kinda Overpowered. Its able to One-Hit Kill the King and all other enemies within reach. Its a nice Idea for Guards to be on guard (:P) but the Power of the explosion is making it to deadly.

It's okay since if I got this right, Viking modified the files to let the admins choose which weapons the assassins will be able to get from the box. So I'll be able to disable tripwire.

Another thing i found out is, the King starts with Slight of Hand i presume from seeing his default Reloading Speed, right? After he got downed and revived he looses that Perk. Not sure if Intented so im just mentioning it if it might not be.

Wasn't this like that is previous KTK versions as well? As well as for guards? I think it does it if you don't have sleight of hand enabled in unlockables. If you "bought" it in unlockables, you'll still have it after you got revived. Tell me if I'm wrong :D

I would like to see the option to choose between dog or slave. I really hate being dog to be honest. Should this be possible? Or not allowed because of the rules.

That's actually an awesome idea!
    @Viking I think he means adding an option (in player options) to be able to choose, when you're picked as dog/slave, whether you'll be dog or slave.
    I actually hate being dog, and I know many people do. But I see it as a part of the mod, and many newbies like the dog/want to be dog, so I didn't remove it for every map. On the other hand I love being the first assassin/slave.
    So if it's possible for everyone to choose this in options, it would make everyone happy!
    Edit: Could be in addition or instead of the "no dog maps" dvar. If removing the "no dog maps" dvar makes it possible to start the game with 2 players instead of 3, then I'd prefer instead and not in addition :P

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von UFaced ()

• Here's a list of things i have done so far:

Code
    1. - Added an ammocounter for the javelin so you can see how many ammo you have left
    2. - Added a new dvar for the javelin so admins can set the needed time to lock a target
    3. - Added a message when the javelin is out of ammo
    4. - Added a button to choose between dog and slave (player settings menu)
    5. - Added a button to check the MOTD & Rules again (class menu (the one you see when you press 'esc' ingame))
    6. - Added dvars to control the radius and damage of the tripwires
    7. - Fixed the carepackage landing on an RC-XD
    8. - Reduced the needed amount of players for the gamestart to 2

Upload in progress :)

edit:
    @UFaced, the change of the minplayer amount was a pain :D

• Here's a list of things i have done so far:

Code
    1. - Added an ammocounter for the javelin so you can see how many ammo you have left
    2. - Added a new dvar for the javelin so admins can set the needed time to lock a target
    3. - Added a message when the javelin is out of ammo
    4. - Added a button to choose between dog and slave (player settings menu)
    5. - Added a button to check the MOTD & Rules again (class menu (the one you see when you press 'esc' ingame))
    6. - Added dvars to control the radius and damage of the tripwires
    7. - Fixed the carepackage landing on an RC-XD
    8. - Reduced the needed amount of players for the gamestart to 2

Aw yeah I love you *.* All those dvars <3

Now the last thing I really want is the hardpoints system change, and then, I can finally die in peace xD (you know... we talked about it through steam :D I'll send the chat logs to you if you don't remember :D )

edit:
    @UFaced, the change of the minplayer amount was a pain :D

Haha thanks a lot man :D

Thats awesome, I cant wait for the Update going live!

Is the sticky staying undefuseable by kings or is this changed later?

When is the Update approximately going to happen? Just in case to keep the Screenshots fresh und Up-to-date. :)

Well, for the update to go live, first we need Viking to stop making changes to the mod :D Because we need the final version (at least, the final .31 version :P ) before implementing our scripts (3xP' scripts) in the mod. For exemple, the defusing feature was added by Duffman, that's why it's not on the test server, because we're currently using the original files from Viking :)
    So, it will uploaded on the main server once pretty much all bugs reported on this thread are fixed, and all possible improvements were made :P
    I think we're not too far from this ^^ Well now we need to test the updated mod since Viking just gave me a new mod.ff :)
    Did anyone check if the settings (in Options) are finally "permanent"? (and not resetting every map or every round or every reconnect ^^ )

PS: Thanks for the new mod.ff, it's uploaded on the test server ;)

Edit:

Removed Knife and Katana from the box for assassins.
    @Viking I noticed a typo, it's Mosin Nagant not Mosin Nagat, not sure if you care as I don't think it shows up in game ^^
    Also what is marker_mp? Never seen it in any config before.
    And m40a3_acog_mp? Is it simply M40A3 with ACOG? :D

@all If you think of any map where it would be good to remove certain hardpoints, just le me know! For now I removed:
    - Heli from poolday and poolday_v2,
    - Carepackage from lolzor,
    - Poison from lolzor and lolzor2 (if ever it comes back in rotation... Could be playable now that we can remove hardpoints!),
    - RC-Car from lolzor2 (idem... if ever it comes back in rotation).
    That's all that was on the top of my head. I'll edit it when other things come to my mind. Let me know what you'd like and I'll decide whether I'll use your idea or not :P

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von UFaced ()

• Cant connect to the Server. It keeps downloading the mentioned new mod.ff, tries to load the mod and redownloads it again ending up in a infinite loop.

I think it should be fixed. At least the download went fine for me.

PS: Edited my previous post.

Edit:
    Played about half an hour. Several problems. I played without bots. We were 2 for some time (on lolzor) and 5 at the end (on killhouse).

1- Hardpoints. Still really weird, most of the time I get no hardpoints at all. Actually, it looks like I was only getting hardpoints the first round of a map. As a king, I never got the auto-weapon I should have earned (actually I can't remember if I got it the first round). I was king the first round and got RC-car, then the carepackage, but then didn't earn the Predator. These were the 3 things I had picked. Though, except if you changed it, I think king should only earn airstrike and mortars, no matter what he has picked, right?
    Note: On lolzor carepackage should have been disabled and I still got it; but I think it's because I hadn't exec the cfg so it wasn't disabled the first round, when I got it.

2- Final killcam (note: I assume it can't be because of 3xP' files since we're using only your files on the test server): Sometimes it's really really short. All the time, it's not 6 seconds like it should be (as I set the dvar to 6). And the last round I played, it was like half a second (it begins at the same time the killing hit happens). The same happens on our main server on 2.09.30. It wasn't happening on 2.09.27.

3) Just a thing to change slightly IMO:
    "Disabled hardpoints:" under the motd should be changed to "Disabled hardpoints (on this map):", to avoid confusion.

The minplayer = 2, and the slave instead of dog are working like a charm btw :thumbup:

Oh I found out marker_mp is the carepackage ^^

4) And about the hardpoints dvars, I let them like this for those I want on all maps: set scr_ktk_noNukeMaps "mp_test" (for example)
    You put it this way so I assumed I shouldn't write set scr_ktk_noNukeMaps ""

5) Aaaand last thing, is knife inflicting the same amount of damage as throwing knife now? 2 knifes cuts and the king has almost no HP left (I set the throwing knife dmg to 134, but the regular knife should inflict 100).

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von UFaced ()