Viking recently updated KTK, so I decided to set up a test server before updating the mod on the public server, to make sure first there's no big issue with the mod, and also to help Viking improving the mod
Here is the IP: 220.127.116.11:28972
You can also type !ktktest while on our public KTK server to join it directly.
Here's the changelog from Viking:
Here's the changelog for KtK v2.09.31:
- Katana, knife and dog bite can now also be used by pressing the attack button,
- Fixed the server crash "exceeded maximum number of script variables" caused by to many players playing on the server,
- Fixed the bug that the dog was picked even if he's disabled in the config or set to a amount of needed guardians,
- Fixed the bug which blocked players from resetting a picked hardpoint,
- Fixed the issue that assassins loose a gained carepackage on respawn,
- Fixed the j_head/j_helmet server crashes (finally),
- Fixed the money display for assassins,
- Added a new system to the assassin class selection which defines in percentage how often a class will be chosen,
- Added a feature to disable the helicopters on certain maps,
- Added dvars to change the color of the gained xp popup,
- Added targetmarkers to some hardpoints (e.g. ac130),
- Added a javelin for the assassins,
- Changed the check for how many helicopters are currently in the airspace,
- Changed the weaponbox so assassins can now use it too.
I set the weaponbox price to 1 so you could easily test it (assassins can now buy stuff from it as well).
I'll try to put bots on the server so you can also test if you join the server alone. Bots cause bugs.
Not getting the hardpoints. First round I played, I got RC-XD but not the rest. All the other rounds, I got nothing at all.
Mostly because there were no airsupport on the map I played, my bad. Everything should be ok with hardpoints, to be confirmed though.
Can't pick up .44 magnum. When I get it from the box it falls on the ground. ✓ Fixed
When it comes from CP it works though.
- Final Killcam is sometimes extremely short (not at all the same length as regular killcams).
Suggestion: Maybe you could make a dvar to choose final killcam length separetely from regular killcam length?
Final killcam (note: I assume it can't be because of 3xP' files since we're using only your files on the test server): Sometimes it's really really short. All the time, it's not 6 seconds like it should be (as I set the dvar to 6). And the last round I played, it was like half a second (it begins at the same time the killing hit happens). The same happens on our main server on 2.09.30. It wasn't happening on 2.09.27.
- Rarely: As king (maybe as Terminator too), sometimes hit twice (very quickly) by a single throwing knife.
- On 2.09.30: Very rarely, server gets stuck with no vote at the end of a map (or maybe the vote happens, but then the map doesn't change anyway). Fixed?
Maybe add a new dvar so we can set a different price for the box depending on whether you're assassin or guard. ✓ Done
- As assassin when buying from the box, make so that we can't get the weapon we already have. Otherwise frustrating loss of points. Done?
tripwre as assassin: good or bad idea? Maybe add a cfg to let us choose what you can get from the box as assassin. ✓ Done ✓ Done
(btw tripwre spelling mistake -> tripwire?)
- Say what we got from box when buying (you got a Javelin, you got Intervention, you got CP,...). Like when it says "you got some knives", or "you got tripwre".
Not sure infinite ammo for Javelin is a good idea. Maybe 3 shots would be better. ✓ Done
Make RPG inflict some self damage (dvar controlled). -> Added a dvar to remove any weapon on the ground.
- Help menu improvements (in progress).
- - Added an ammocounter for the javelin so you can see how many ammo you have left
- - Added a new dvar for the javelin so admins can set the needed time to lock a target
- - Added a message when the javelin is out of ammo
- - Added a button to choose between dog and slave (player settings menu)
- - Added a button to check the MOTD & Rules again (class menu (the one you see when you press 'esc' ingame))
- - Added dvars to control the radius and damage of the tripwires
- - Fixed the carepackage landing on an RC-XD
- - Reduced the needed amount of players for the gamestart to 2
The explosive crossbow, the throwing knives and the grenades will damage the helicopters when they explode in the air (close to it).
No gore effect playing when the player survives the explosive crossbow.
Added a script (dvar controlled) to remove any weapon which is lying around in the map.
Added the script (dvar controlled) so a map which was just played will not appear in the votes at the end of the maps (for how long depends on the value the dvar is set to).
Added the text to tell the players how to vote.
Added the feature that a random map will be picked from the vote table if no vote was cast. (Before the first in the list was taken)
Stuff which needs to be tested/verified:
Do settings reset or not after a map change or after you reconnect? (talking about this: k9hppk.jpg) Everything is okay now for me (at least for XP and slave instead of dog)
- Any problem concerning Hardpoints (for exemple, not earning any). -> I'm not getting: Auto weapon as King; Predator; Sentry Gun. To be checked: Heli, MOAB.
I'll edit the list with everything you guys report on this thread.
Also it's good if you can write whether you got the same bugs as I did, or if you didn't have it and everything was fine for you (for the hardpoints for example).
Also, please report if you have trouble joining the server, game crashing, problem to download the mod, etc... And how and what exactly happened (at what point did the game crash,...).
Have fun and happy bug hunting