KTK 2.09.31 Test Server - Please report any bug you find

• Hello guys!

Viking recently updated KTK, so I decided to set up a test server before updating the mod on the public server, to make sure first there's no big issue with the mod, and also to help Viking improving the mod :)

Here is the IP: 91.121.21.210:28972
    You can also type !ktktest while on our public KTK server to join it directly.

Here's the changelog from Viking:

I set the weaponbox price to 1 so you could easily test it (assassins can now buy stuff from it as well).

I'll try to put bots on the server so you can also test if you join the server alone. Bots cause bugs.

Bugs found:
    - Not getting the hardpoints. First round I played, I got RC-XD but not the rest. All the other rounds, I got nothing at all.
    Mostly because there were no airsupport on the map I played, my bad. Everything should be ok with hardpoints, to be confirmed though.

- Can't pick up .44 magnum. When I get it from the box it falls on the ground.
    When it comes from CP it works though.
    ✓ Fixed

- Final Killcam is sometimes extremely short (not at all the same length as regular killcams).
    Suggestion: Maybe you could make a dvar to choose final killcam length separetely from regular killcam length?

- Rarely: As king (maybe as Terminator too), sometimes hit twice (very quickly) by a single throwing knife.

- On 2.09.30: Very rarely, server gets stuck with no vote at the end of a map (or maybe the vote happens, but then the map doesn't change anyway). Fixed?

Improvement ideas:
    - Maybe add a new dvar so we can set a different price for the box depending on whether you're assassin or guard. ✓ Done

- As assassin when buying from the box, make so that we can't get the weapon we already have. Otherwise frustrating loss of points. Done?

- tripwre as assassin: good or bad idea? Maybe add a cfg to let us choose what you can get from the box as assassin. ✓ Done
    (btw tripwre spelling mistake -> tripwire?)
    ✓ Done

- Say what we got from box when buying (you got a Javelin, you got Intervention, you got CP,...). Like when it says "you got some knives", or "you got tripwre".

- Not sure infinite ammo for Javelin is a good idea. Maybe 3 shots would be better. ✓ Done

- Make RPG inflict some self damage (dvar controlled). -> Added a dvar to remove any weapon on the ground.

- Help menu improvements (in progress).

Edit:
    Stuff which needs to be tested/verified:
    - Do settings reset or not after a map change or after you reconnect? (talking about this: k9hppk.jpg) Everything is okay now for me (at least for XP and slave instead of dog)
    - Any problem concerning Hardpoints (for exemple, not earning any). -> I'm not getting: Auto weapon as King; Predator; Sentry Gun. To be checked: Heli, MOAB.

I'll edit the list with everything you guys report on this thread.
    Also it's good if you can write whether you got the same bugs as I did, or if you didn't have it and everything was fine for you (for the hardpoints for example).

Also, please report if you have trouble joining the server, game crashing, problem to download the mod, etc... And how and what exactly happened (at what point did the game crash,...).

Have fun and happy bug hunting :D

__________________________________________S_____I_____G_____N_____A_____T_____U_____R_____E__________________________________________

Any problem with a 3xP' server (server down, download loop,...)? - Feel free to mention it in the shoutbox so an admin can take care of it.
    ______________________________________________________________________________

3xP' TS3 IP: ts.3xP-Clan.com | Click here to directly join it.

12 Mal editiert, zuletzt von UFaced ()

• were is the homepage news for that :*?

• were is the homepage news for that :*?

Hmm maybe I will, if you want :D I thought I'd just do it when we update the mod on the public server, but yeah why not make a small one now ^^

Thanks for opening a thread to collect bugs, improvements and any other things players notice while playing.

No problem, nice to see you on the forums ;)

__________________________________________S_____I_____G_____N_____A_____T_____U_____R_____E__________________________________________

Any problem with a 3xP' server (server down, download loop,...)? - Feel free to mention it in the shoutbox so an admin can take care of it.

• Fixed.

I'm not sure about the dvar to let admins decide what you assassins get from the weaponbox.
    For now i keep the system that the mod decides what an assassin gets.
    Anyways, i'm currently uploading the new mod.ff so you can test the fixes.

• Btw. what will happen with your Soda machine xD

Well, basically i had in mind to add easter eggs, the soda machines were only one of the ideas.
    But to be honest they aren't realizable since i don't think extra perks/weapons/points or w.e. would be good for the current gameplay.
    They could only be used for a short laugh when you see it the first time, like the pooping dog.

• easter egg is 1 time fun.

Another question: I remember that mp_citystreets had a xmodel error. Idk if it was fixed or not

It's fixable yeah.
    The engine has a limitation of 1000 xmodels (map + mod + stock cod4), if the amount increases 1000 the game crashes.
    Only solution would be to remove weapons, player models and other custom skins from ktk until the map works again.
    Let's see, maybe i'm going to make a second version without custom weapons if the mod is bug free.

• Fixed.

:thumbup:

Anyways, i'm currently uploading the new mod.ff so you can test the fixes.

New mod.ff uploaded on the server.

Btw. what will happen with your Soda machine xD

Dafuk is that, never heard of this ^^

Edit:
    @Viking btw, should the bug about server getting stuck at the end of a map with no vote appearing be fixed?

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von UFaced ()

• Can you (re)add bots to the testserver? Its always empty. Thanks.

I'll try to put bots on the server so you can also test if you join the server alone.

Kinda offtopic: but when this new mod will be installed on public ktk server everyone loses prestige? and when you restore it can you restore levels too?
    Because when you are like level 51 of this prestige, then you have to do all those levels again..takes some hours.

• Can you (re)add bots to the testserver? Its always empty. Thanks.

Well they disappear each round and I don't know how to make them "permanent" so I'm waiting for @mirko911 to help me :P

Kinda offtopic: but when this new mod will be installed on public ktk server everyone loses prestige? and when you restore it can you restore levels too?
    Because when you are like level 51 of this prestige, then you have to do all those levels again..takes some hours.

No one should lose their prestige. But last time we updated the mod, about 1/3 people lost it somehow. So I added the message on the server just in prevention. And yeah if necessary we can restore levels as well.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von UFaced ()

• Weird sounds of the Sticky Nades (Assassin). Sometimes it's like high pitched or you play with the command /timescale 2.

Demo if needed: Test

When I change the Options in Game, Settings will stay. After a Mapchange, everything is reseted again. This is my only KtK Profile which I use.

Nein = No | Ja = Yes Just make it fair :P

Suggestion: People want longer Killcams. I think it's fine.

@UFaced the ammount of Money you need to use the Weapon Box is 50. It's kinda bad for 3 Players ^^

• @Viking btw, should the bug about server getting stuck at the end of a map with no vote appearing be fixed?

Should be fixed, i never came across this.

Nein = No | Ja = Yes Just make it fair :P

Suggestion: People want longer Killcams. I think it's fine.

@UFaced the ammount of Money you need to use the Weapon Box is 50. It's kinda bad for 3 Players ^^

The bugs with the setting should be fixed with this mod.ff, or is it still happening?
    Longer killcam is possible, maybe i'll add a dvar for it.
    The price of 50 was my fault, i forgot to give him updated list of dvars :D
    Btw thanks for the translation, of yes and no, but i'm german too.

Are these all problems of the current version on the test server?
    All tests i ran with hardpoints were fine, make sure you don't have an airstrike/helicopter chosen on a map which has no airsupport set in config ;)
    There is a message in the "message of the day" box if a map does not support them, just keep an eye on it when you connect.
    I'm currently working on the scripts to disable hardpoints separately for each map.

• No one should lose their prestige. But last time we updated the mod, about 1/3 people lost it somehow. So I added the message on the server just in prevention. And yeah if necessary we can restore levels as well.

Sorry for the offtopic, but since it was discussed, I have a small question to ask you... I've come up with just now:
    But when you unfortunately lose the prestige, and after u reset prestige, lose anyway "Challenges" (those who are in "Rank & Challenges") or not depends on the prestige?
    Simply because I have almost completed all, I miss just a few that seem to be bugged*!

*: I know I'm interested about the little details ... I'm obsessive! :D I wanted to make a screenshot of this, but it would take a long time and then my game is in Italian! :/