Call of Duty 4 Surf Mod

• It's cool af but tbh if you wanna go surfing just load up csgo or smth. I don't think there is gonna be that big of a playerbase for that mod since there aren't many maps and cs has already a well built time/record system and way more maps to choose from. Really cool none the less.

• Looks fun, even if when I look at it it just looks like someone using noclip. I really don't see from this video if this is smth super hard or super easy (or else).

__________________________________________S_____I_____G_____N_____A_____T_____U_____R_____E__________________________________________

Any problem with a 3xP' server (server down, download loop,...)? - Feel free to mention it in the shoutbox so an admin can take care of it.
    ______________________________________________________________________________

3xP' TS3 IP: ts.3xP-Clan.com | Click here to directly join it.

• if its like the surf i played on iznogods server then it basicly is like csgo surf, just in easy, so u can basicly fuck up your movements but still will get / maintain speed. Anyways i think its great that someone continued the mod and textured and reimported some maps. Would need to try to give a final statement

• if its like the surf i played on iznogods server then it basicly is like csgo surf, just in easy, so u can basicly fuck up your movements but still will get / maintain speed. Anyways i think its great that someone continued the mod and textured and reimported some maps. Would need to try to give a final statement

I think it's a bit different than izno's surf mod, but roughly the same. This new one is based from the cod2 surf mod.
    Sheep Wizard:
    Is this the same as that cod2 surf mod?

AtriX (author of the mod):
    +Sheep Wizard I've loosely based some of the code off of theirs, yes. Mostly is just utilising some custom functions and methods I've written for our private CoD4x build.

This was stated in a test video of the mod :p

[2017-07-25 17:17:37] Funk Attack: bunny called u weak for only giving 30min ban
    [2017-07-25 17:17:46] 3xP' AlterEgo: can you ss it

• today server went online, i just played very short but tbh it felt very laggy and the surfmod from jh which i played was better from my pov. But dunno just played very short.

• Surf just doesnt belong to CoD.
    With its own engine and own bugs,
    its very difficult to implement bugs
    from another engine properly.

> If you wanna surf, goto any sourceengine based game.

• I haven't checked the mod out for myself on the server... although from what others have said, I really don't think it'll be any close to source games such as: CS:GO and CS:S.
    If I wanted to play surf, I'd personally go on CS:GO.

From what I've seen, it looks okay I guess.
    Nice work AtriX.

Jayme <3

• Hi there, atrX here (the creator of the mod in question)!

First of all, thank you for your interest in our mod. I'll get into every one of your concerns in a second but first I'd like to say that this is still in beta, therefore we're still constantly adjusting the mechanics of the mod. I've worked hard on improving the mod since the launch of the server and I'm glad to announce the server should be receiving a massive update to the movement mechanics either later today or tomorrow. Here's a list of some of the things I've worked on:

• Pressing S (or whatever you have bound to backward) while surfing or air strafing will now stop your movement.
    • Pressing W (or your equivalent of forward) while on a surf ramp will make you drop off the surf.
    • Bunny hop glitch with >1k speed has been fixed.
    • Bunny hopping with W is no longer possible, instead I've improved the regular bhop (pressing W while bhopping has no effect).
    • You no longer lose speed when initiating a bunny hop on >1k speed.
    • Telehopping is now possible at any speed (due to engine limitations this can still bug out from time to time, so please be aware of this).

It's cool af but tbh if you wanna go surfing just load up csgo or smth. I don't think there is gonna be that big of a playerbase for that mod since there aren't many maps and cs has already a well built time/record system and way more maps to choose from. Really cool none the less.

We have a small internal team working on maps and we've also had numerous people already say they're going to make a surf map as soon as the developer tools for it are released. We'll have to see how many of them actually end up releasing one but I've got my hopes up.

Looks fun but i dont think that is going to work well

How come? It works rather well, especially considering everything about this mod is scripted as we can't rely on CoD4's engine to handle movement. If you're still unsure, you can always join our beta server (link's in the video description now). ^

I still rather surf on csgo or css. I think that mod is based on deathrun imo, but obviously ill give it a try when it comes out :D

The only thing I've taken from Deathrun are the rank icons, everything else was made from the ground up. ;)

if its like the surf i played on iznogods server then it basicly is like csgo surf, just in easy, so u can basicly fuck up your movements but still will get / maintain speed. Anyways i think its great that someone continued the mod and textured and reimported some maps. Would need to try to give a final statement

I've not played his version of surf myself so I can't tell how similar they are but I'm guessing there's atleast a minor difference in the feel of it.

This mod was indeed at one point loosely based off the cod2 surf source but I've completely rewritten everything since.

I hope this is better than the old styx surf mod

Haha, that's not going to be too hard to do considering that was just CJ with lower gravity. :P

I think it's a cool idea, certainly looks better than the old surf dynamics from Bone's server [examples: 1, 2].
    I wonder if the mod will be popular, and if so if it could be combined with bounces for a cj-surf experience.

I'd imagine someone's probably going to test this out, would be kinda cool to see as long as not everyone starts doing it. :P

today server went online, i just played very short but tbh it felt very laggy and the surfmod from jh which i played was better from my pov. But dunno just played very short.

What was your ping at the time? I've had pretty much everyone I've talked to tell me it's a lot smoother than JH's one. At one point IzNoGod himself even messaged me on Steam about it stating it seemed like I optimised his code (don't know where he got the idea that it was his code in the first place but it gets the point across).

Surf just doesnt belong to CoD.
    With its own engine and own bugs,
    its very difficult to implement bugs
    from another engine properly.

> If you wanna surf, goto any sourceengine based game.

Sad to see you think that way. There's plenty of people out there who would like to be able to play gamemodes from other games in their favourite game and this mod was created for them.
    It's honestly not as hard to implement as you think, matter of fact, I wrote the baseline code for this mod in about a day (obviously took a lot longer to optimise).

I haven't checked the mod out for myself on the server... although from what others have said, I really don't think it'll be any close to source games such as: CS:GO and CS:S.
    If I wanted to play surf, I'd personally go on CS:GO.

From what I've seen, it looks okay I guess.
    Nice work AtriX.

Jayme <3

Before I read this thread I hadn't seen anyone who didn't think it was pretty close to the original. Then again, I was updating the server constantly throughout the day yesterday so it kinda depends on when people joined.

• did u let professional surfer test your mod? like tier 4 to tier 6 surfers? would be interesting to know :P

• i also thought i may lag, but my ping seemed stable and fine, dunno it just felt a bit like bugging up and down on the ramp, dont get me wrong, normal players probably wont even notice ^^. Im just used to 100% smooth movement through codjumper and original surf, f.e on jh codjumper there is a little bug where the viewmodel teleports its position like 1 unit, and i cant strafe cause of that even when its so small :P.

Another point, if u dont rly surf yourself i highly recommend getting some high skilled original surf testers, if u want to recreate the feeling of cs surf. Surf is so complex that u probably wont even notice if things working diffrent/less good. also medium skilled surfers wont be good testers for stuff like that.