KTK 2.09.31 Test Server - Please report any bug you find

• The Test Server is up and running :)

Btw, I noticed this in the options, I assume it's not on purpose : 5b0c64d8ecdf2774c540dbeca3a7a5ad.png

__________________________________________S_____I_____G_____N_____A_____T_____U_____R_____E__________________________________________

Any problem with a 3xP' server (server down, download loop,...)? - Feel free to mention it in the shoutbox so an admin can take care of it.
    ______________________________________________________________________________

3xP' TS3 IP: ts.3xP-Clan.com | Click here to directly join it.

• More feedback is here, the report is from the version .31 as well as the m21 and the king killing bugs:

- There is a bug that if the anti-leaving king system works before the assasin/dog are chosen, there is some low probability that the new king choosen is the same guy that is also assasin or dog and then when is changed to the assasin team the round ends (it's like the king changes team so it's like its dead, the same stuff that happened with the motd button)

-Also if the king leaves after being chosed all the roles and the anti-leaving king system do its job, the new king will be chosen but the HP bar or the name will be updated anymore, also the circles that distinguish the king from other guards is stuck at where the king left. (This last bug I saw that really rarely the circles follow some other person instead the king after being re-picked, maybe it's because the first king player reconnected? I don't really know why that happened)

- Also there are some minor "bug" with the rc-xd, you can actually use the weaponboxes and plant a tripware while using it.

I have also a suggestion/question:

- Actually killing the king or the assasins gives you more points than killing a normal guard/assasin? If it does already, should be a nice suggestion if it's possible to add a "thing" (I don't really remember how it's called but I mean the images that are shown at the top when you do special things like first blood, 3 kills, 10 kills etc.) It could be nice to add something for the king or even for the dog/assasin/slave too :P.

Any news about when will be public the new version? If you need some test or feedback from the testserver tell us, so we can try to test in order to release it faster.

Time ^^

• I've also lost all prestige (if that means anything once you do install the update)

That's because I changed the mod name. As prestige on the test server doesn't "count" anyway.

__________________________________________S_____I_____G_____N_____A_____T_____U_____R_____E__________________________________________

Any problem with a 3xP' server (server down, download loop,...)? - Feel free to mention it in the shoutbox so an admin can take care of it.

• Hi!, I don't know what happened but my post wasnt send yesteday =/

Here is more feedback:

I noticed something about the m21 bug, it also happens with the king weapon at 5 kills, and I'm almost sure that this bug has to do with the hardpoints bugs, if you have 3 hardpoints (even if you don't see them because you are assasin and got them as guard or they just don't show) you won't acquire the m21 or the weapon as king.

I was taking a look into the king killing bug, it happens more often than I thought but I really don't have any idea why the assasins don't change to guards when killed by the king. It always happens a random time after the round starts but not really early.

Today happened to me again the ac130 faillin bug, I was doing normally, it seems to happen while firing the first weapon of the ac130 repeteadly.

I have also some suggestion/questions:

I know that there are some maps that may be incompatible with the mod or be corrupted and they won't even load. But there are some maps that crash only after every round or just after the first round after the killcam (te first one kicks everyone every round and the last just restarts the rotation) That maps are playable in any way?

I also want to know something about terminator, the picking of terminator is totally random? I noticed that it may choose ppl full of life? or something about the amount of life? (I say this because I noticed that while Im juggernaut I have really higher chance of being terminator?)

Another suggestion, I understand that is too much spam and not worth to add the last suggestion but what about boosting a bit the rewards for killing the king or surviving as king? I noticed that gives the same exp and I guess points too than killing a regular guard, meanwhile surviving as king it even gives less exp than killing as assasin. It may be great if that can be boosted a bit or maybe add some gift to the killer/survivor at the next round?

• I wasn't pointing the time as the problem, I just pointed that it never happens from the begining of a round it starts happening after something else that I'm not able to determinate. But it hapens really often, I rarely finish a round as king without having that problem.

About the map error, they crash after the first killcam but no error at all for players, I can't give more information so nvm :P

I really thought that it had something to do with health points huh, well maybe playing that many rounds in a row and being lucky with jugger + termi I just went crazy xD.

Well I will think about it but my creativity isnt my strength, I may ask people from the forum and the server some help with it if you like the idea ofc.

You might be aware of this already but the double/triple hit with throwing knives still happens, anyway to be honest is very rare and you have to be very lucky and skilled with them to manage that stuff.

PD: Cmon guys this topic looks like a converstaion between two people D: , I really don't believe that no one has any other ideas or suggestions, or even someone doesnt hate my point of view. All of you can feel free to argue or comment whatever you think and I invite you to do it. I love to read different points of view and opinions and contrast, it even helps to change your own or get new ideas!

• Hi, :)

I noticed how the question is usually not if a King dies, but when the King dies. It isn't uncommon to have a score of 10-0 and the end of a map.
    I propose that we reduce the time of Survival as King from 5 minutes to a lower time depending on the map (maybe between 3 - 4 minutes) and I see a few benefits.

1) Faster maps
    2) Even scores between Guard and Assassin
    3) Less camping time (Quicker "limbo" periods when King is safely camping and crushing Assassin side)
    4) In Lolzor and Poolday less spawn kills
    5) Balanced teams (more room with any update helping either side)

Please let me know what you think, this is would be a large change in gamplay. :D

• After playing some more test server KTK I've found these bugs while getting some new ideas:

-Once acquiring javelin you have the ammo count for the rest of the round (overlaying new ammo count).
    - For the sake of testing, could you increase the points needed to buy weapons as guard. Most guards get a kill and acquire an AK (annoying for testing as assassin).
    - Viking, you said something about no room for slots? Could we replace the Survival perk with something else? I've long considered it to be useless as it doesn't tell the guards where the King is to protect.
    - Gore can be a bit distracting, as it can be in large quantities (opinion).
    - Could the javelin to used to target the AC-130?
    -Still no map vote after the ending of a map (intentional?).

• well all the suggestions and ideas you said are not actually any new or changing stuff, it's just changing some dears, to be more clear that changes an ideas are for the 3xp admins to change the options or the server not anything about the mod and it's creator :S.

The gore effect can be disabled at the options as player, the survival perk I love it too much because the most times the guards just disturb or become useless and I avoid trolls and vengative players too.

The test server has been reported already and as far as I know javelin only targets cars and helis? If I can ask, it's possible to add more targets to make it more useful? It's really hard to target or survive enough to use it, and people rarely maintains any car alive after few seconds of start...

The only thing is the javelin ammocounter, I also noticed that happens when having miniguns.

I like Robert's idea. And he has a point.
    Lowering the time that the king needs to survive on maps like Poolday and other small maps could make the game more fair for assassins, thus making it more fun, ultimately leading to server popularity.

Are you saying that king's team is actually wining more rounds or looks for you easier to win as king? I play on another server where the king even has more life and is needed a sticky + shot to kill or 4 knifes/shoots to kill him, and I can tell for sure that the king dies pretty fast and is even soloed. Well anyway maybe the average skill is different or I don't know but this options can be changed at the server configs, the only thing is maybe the different timer for different maps.

• @mirko911 There's som weird stuff going on on the test server.
    For instance, there's no vote at the end of a map, and then that map is repeated over and over.
    Also, I get a msg that airstrike is disabled on killhouse while it shouldn't (I put no map there in config yet).
    Is it possible that somehow it uses some old variables from somewhere else than the config in the 2ktk_2_09_31_test? Otherwise it's some weird bug.

For the record, scr_mod_mapvote is set on 2 (menu based). Btw I have no idea what's the difference btw menu based and HUD based? @Viking :D I thought I'd see in game but since votes don't appear...

Also I put : set scr_hardpoint_king_2 "weapon;smoke_grenade;4"
    And the way we get the nade is weird. We need to press F to obtain it, and then you get it as your weapon. You can throw it using mouse1 (fire). If you switch your weapons, it comes back to normal (you can't have it as a weapon again, you have to press 4 to throw it).

That's all for now, I only played for like 25 small rounds ^_^

Edit: One little thing also, it seemed to me that regular nades take less time to cook than in regular cod4 gameplay.

Edit2: I think scr_ktk_dog_players doesn't work. No matter the number of players online, there's always a dog or a slave picked, even though I set that dvar to 8.

Edit3: It would be great to add the possibility to disable certain unlockable weapons on certain maps. I thought by disabling the poison nade it would disable all poison nades but it only disables the one you get from hardpoints. On certain maps like lolzor, which are very small but fun to play sometimes and people love it, poison nades really kill the game. High prestige people all have 3 of them, and constantly die and respawn and keep throwing them everytime and it becomes unplayable. Disabling them would restore the fun. This option should exist at least for poison nades and also for regular nades it would be cool.

Edit4: On certain maps we get the error "Weapon index mismatch for 'g36c_acog_mpg36c_gl_mp' ". It kicks everyone at least once per round so these maps are not playable (example: mp_cluster, mp_naout_n). I'm pretty sure the error is always about g36c, but not 100% sure, I can't remember the other maps which gives this kind of error. PS: it's on 2.09.30

4 Mal editiert, zuletzt von UFaced ()

• is the testserver based on a clean mod or does it have some 3xP stuff ?

Based on clean stuff. I saw you had changed stuff in the 1ktk_2_09_31_test folder so when Viking updated the mod again I created another folder (2ktk_2_09_31_test) and used that new one for the test server.

• Okay, thanks for letting us know and good luck with your exams!

• The low time at cooking nades have been since the last update at least. I cant remembner if at .30 was like that too.

@Viking I know that you are busy with exams, I'm busy with them too hehehe, but anyway I'll write this down before I forget it, you can read read it when you have time don't worry and good luck with the exams :P

More bugs questions and suggestions:

BUGs:

- I realised how to reproduce the ac130 falling bug, if you are in the ac130 and the king disconnects (the anti-leaving system operates) and you get the king, you will fall to the map as a white model with the king weapons but the ac130 1st weapon crosshair (it's the same result when you just fall with the ac 130 without being the king but just instead of having the ac130 weapon or your weapon, you will have the king ones)

- I realised a bit more how the hiding hardpoints work too, actually this happens with ac130 and heli dunno if predator too (rc-xd looks fine) ( it happens with this hardpoints because you change your weapons or your position I guess). For example if you have this killstreaks: (4k cp 12k sentry and 13k mortars) if you get/save an ac130 ( or heli) for the next round, and you use it when your killstreak is below the needed fr the next hardpoint (for example 0 kills). Then if you as ac130 or heli get a streak of 15 kills (from 0 to 15) you may get the 3 hardpoints you selected but they will show only while you are at the ac130. When you are respawned after the ac130 you will continue having the 3 hardpoints but they wont be visible and you wont be able to use them until the next round/respawn.

To sum up, if you get some hardpoint while in the ac130, you will see that hardpoint while you are at the ac130 but when you finish, the ones you get while in it, they will be invisible and unuusable until the next respawn/round.

- If you press the "use" button to get the next weapon while climbing a ladder, doesnt matter how many weapons you have but you will get the next in an additional slot. Instead of replacing the one being used.

- If you have the juggernaut weapon on your hand when taking a weapon from the weapon box or taking the new from the gungame happens the same explained above.

- I dont know if this is intended or not but if you use a carepackage and get a exploding one ( trap cp) and you dont use it, if you use it after respawning or chaning round it will be a normal cp again.

Suggestion:

- Add a counter for the kill streak, there exist some scripts for this already, I used them in some mods like promod and ow. I think it should be great to have that feature because its hard to be looking at the glowing texts and that stuff, also to memorize it in order to get the long killstreaks. Also a way to count the highest ones with 50+ kills.

Question:

- There is an achievement that says that you have to stay near the king as long as possible, I'm not able to get that one, is it bugged or what do you have to do to get it?

• I certainly know some people will hate me for that suggestion, but this is getting more and more out of hand.

This isnt a matter regarding the mod itself but the Map Rotation. In my Opinion some Maps appear way to often and are campy as hell which will result in this map sometimes being voted for three times in a row.
    The best Examples lately are Rust, Poolday and Uprise (cant remember the exact Mapnames, I hope you do :P ). Almost everytime they appear in the Vote at the end of the Round they will be chosen. Playing a Map three times in a row gets sometimes really annoying and most new Maps dont even get the chance considering we have a variety of Maps to play.

I cant tell if Im the only person noticing this, some Opinions of fellow players would be therefore appreciated.

As recently discussed in this thread you thought/implemented the feature to lower the rate of Maps appearing in the Rotation. Thats why i wanted to state my thoughts about this.
    No haterinio please, its just If new players join they instantly get disgusted out because they dont stand a chance against a bunch of Campers.

Another thing i wanted to mention is on Lolzor (thats the only Map with this problem) its possible to kill Teammates as a Guard by using Carepackages on the Top Level. I had been watching some rounds and had to realise its not just happening by chance but pretty often used on intention to get more Assassins going. I then tried to punish this sort of behaviour with Kicks and sometimes even with tempbans that took about the time the Map ended to 'scare off' people. Maybe this Killstreak on this Map should be blocked to grant fair chances to Guards and Assassins.
    Added to this is the excessively conducted Spawnkill by thrown Poison Grenades on the Spawnpoints on the Opposite of the Stairs that lead up to reduce the chances to strike back to almost zero as the damage dealt by the Smoke penetrates Spawnprotections.

As for the Testserver, I didnt try it out recently maybe ill get to it today to find some things that needed some attention.

Edit: Nevermind, just saw it is already implemented. :)