KTK 2.09.31 Test Server - Please report any bug you find

• Ok, so the test server is still full of bugs let me mention some:

The votemap bug (after the game ends ther's no vote, you can press esc and vote but it's not affective and the map is still the same "lolzor").

When you get 5 kills as king and press F you will have no weapon and you will basically bite like a dog (you can fix it by changing weapons).

Hope you guys fix these bugs soon.

THX ^^

░░░░░░▄▀▒▒▒▒░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█
    ░░░░░█▒▒▒▒░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█
    ░░░░█▒▒▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
    ░░▄▀▒▒▒▄█████▄▒█▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▄█████▄▒█
    ░█▒▒▒▒▐██▄████▌▒█▒▒▒▒▒█▒▐██▄████▌▒█
    ▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▀█████▀▒▒█▒░▄▒▄█▒▒▀█████▀▒▒▒█
    ▒▒▐▒▒▒░░░░▒▒▒▒▒█▒░▒▒▀▒▒█▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█
    ▒▌▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▄▀▒░▒▄█▄█▄▒▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌
    ▒▌▒▒▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒█▌▌▌▌▌█▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▐
    ▒▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌▒▒▀███▀▒▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌
    ▀▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█
    ▀▄▒▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄▄▄▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▄▄▀
    ▒▒▀▄▒▀▄▀▀▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
    ▒▒▒▒▀▄▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▐

• Hello everybody.
    I have finished my exams, had some nice weeks chilling out and started to read your reports.
    Some of the things do sound really simple and should be fixed very fast.

I want to say that i am not going to spend a lot of time on ktk anymore, but i try to fix as much bugs as possible within the next few weeks.
    I have moved on the a new project - for details message me on xfire or steam (i also need some help with images), or wait until a playable beta is ready

• Nice to see you back Viking :D

Yea I think that now only bugfixes are important, if you try to implement new features all the time it might generate other bugs and then it never ends :(

As long as we have a stable version of 2.09.31 I think everyone will be very happy :)

__________________________________________S_____I_____G_____N_____A_____T_____U_____R_____E__________________________________________

Any problem with a 3xP' server (server down, download loop,...)? - Feel free to mention it in the shoutbox so an admin can take care of it.
    ______________________________________________________________________________

3xP' TS3 IP: ts.3xP-Clan.com | Click here to directly join it.

• Code
    1. wait ( defaultDelay / 4 );
    2. *
    3. (file 'maps/mp/gametypes/_globallogic.gsc', line 1633)
    4. wait ( defaultDelay / 4 );
    5. *
    6. (file 'maps/mp/gametypes/_globallogic.gsc', line 1633)
    7. wait ( defaultDelay / 4 );
    8. *
    9. (file 'maps/mp/gametypes/_globallogic.gsc', line 1633)
    10. wait ( defaultDelay / 4 );

found this today on poolday

• Thx @mirko911, gonna take a look into that, propably a variable which isn't defined correctly.

- The "falling ac130" bug should be fixed, i forgot to add a check if the new king is a "free" player
    - Added a hud to show the current killstreak
    - Updating the weapon on a ladder shouldn't be a problem, was working fine for me (maybe this fix wasn't included in the latest upload)
    - Carepackage is meant that way, would kinda suck if you have a trap at round beginning with only a few assassins
    - Archievements are a pain in the arse, if there are any which do not work the way they are supposed to i'll add them to the bottom of the "to do list"
    - I can't reproduce the mapvote issue, maybe it's anything within the config
    - King killstreak fixed

• Nice :thumbup:

I know I said bugfixes and no improvements, but would it be possible to add the possibility to disable certain unlockable weapons (poison nades & regular nades) on certain maps? That'd be really really good (and even more :D ), and I assume it's not so hard to do, but idk.

One question also, can you tell me the difference between HUD based and menu based mapvote?

Last thing, I haven't read through all the posts once again, but didn't anyone else notice nades take not long enough to cook?

__________________________________________S_____I_____G_____N_____A_____T_____U_____R_____E__________________________________________

Any problem with a 3xP' server (server down, download loop,...)? - Feel free to mention it in the shoutbox so an admin can take care of it.

• Nah, removing unlockables for certain maps is a big thing, to many checks in the background.

Oh damn :(

Btw:
    Hud based:
    shot0019.jpg

Menu based:
    shot0020.tga

Thanks but the 2nd screenie doesn't work (too bad coz that's the one I don't know apparently :D )

• Updated the link.
    Didn't know dropbox can't hanlde tga images.

Ah thanks, looks good :)

• Hey, could there perhaps be a suicide button incorporated in KTK? Whenever any assassin calls for a guard to join their side they need to either
    1) Cook a grenade
    2) Blow up a car
    3) Wait until any one assassin kills them

My idea would make it much easier to move any guard to the assassin team, especially when its a 15 vs 1 situation in a map like Lolzor. :)

Note: This actually pops up quite a bit if an assassin leaves or is just a plain newb. :D

• @UFaced
    I'll send you a pm with the new files.

New files uploaded on the Test Server :)

As reminder, you can easily join the test Test Server by typing !ktktest while in game.

• @UFaced i couldn't join the server it kept downloading that 17.19 mb file again and again, i've downloaded it 10 times , still i couldn't join the server.

▒▒▒▒▀▄▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▐

• @UFaced i couldn't join the server it kept downloading that 17.19 mb file again and again, i've downloaded it 10 times , still i couldn't join the server.

My bad, forgot to sync with fastdl... Should be working now (works for me).

• @UFaced Yep it did thx ^^
    but the that bug when you get 5 kills as king and press F is still there and you become like the dog, i don't mind it but Reznov told me that i should report it and i already reported it, maybe it's ment to be there?
    Greetz.

▒▒▒▒▀▄▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▐

• I played 2 maps and I have a few things to report.

1) As eXq::2Shae said, the bug with the poison nade as hardpoint for king is still here. You still have to switch weapons otherwise you have nothing in your hands after pressing F.

2) I'm pretty sure that at least once, extra life didn't work (I revive someone but still became assassin after getting killed).

3) Cooking nades definitely takes less time than in regular cod4 gameplay. Or maybe I haven't played cod4 with no mods for too long and my mind is messed up. Anyway, if the time really is shorter, could you make it the same as in cod4 with no mods? Would be better IMO.
    EDIT: I checked in .30, it's the same time. I guess it as always been like this, I just always used poison nades so never noticed lol. Anyway, after all, it's not really a bad thing so it can remain this way IMO.

4) Haven't checked, but someone told me after getting out of heli, he was still seeing the red marks on people.

5) The msg "Name carries an explosive charge" or smth is missing a space. Currently it is "Namecarries an explosive charge". (nice addition btw).

6) On Bazaar, the msg "Aistrike isn't available on this map" or smth appeared even though airstrike is allowed in cfg for this map. Same thing happened with last version on test server. @mirko911 I'm still thinking it could be a problem on our side but idk how. Could auto-restart or anything else cause this? Setting dvars back to another value? I know it was messing up with number of server slots so maybe same with this?

7) Not a bug, but is it possible to extend the time for the vote with the menu based vote system? I feel it's really short. Maybe make a dvar for it if possible?
    Also I couldn't find out how to write (but didn't have much time to test), I tried clicking the field and writing but it didn't work. Maybe I just had to use the regular "chat" key, type my msg and press enter?

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von UFaced ()

• 1) Fixed, i was only testing it with new (primary) weapons, never with a grenade, hardpoint or claymores before ^^

2) I can not reproduce this problem. It was reported so often, but i can not reproduce it. It would be good to know if the icon of the extra life is visible when it's not working

3) Tbh the sticky nades (and the timer change) where never added on purpose. It was all a mistake when i was working on an other mod and mixed the frag grenades .. but well the ppl like it so i haven't removed it

4) An other error i can not reproduce. The markers are attached on the players and not to the person in the heli. I have no idea what's causing this issue.

5) Fixed, thanks

6) Can't reproduce that, a set dvar in the cfg should not change on a server restart.

7) The vote time for the menu based vote can be changed with the default dvar "scr_intermission_time"