Map Showoff Thread!

• BETA vs. World

Next fight in 7 months, when hes bored enough to check forums.
    Get tickets at [email=deleted User@paypal.com]deleted User100%[email='noscam@paypal.com'][/email][/email].

• beta you looks like a man who never played cj & who knows nothing about cj maps

Actually I'm pretty sure he was the one to first set up the 3xP' CJ server xD (maybe with Viruz also, I can't remember if you were already working on the server at the very beginning ^^ )

__________________________________________S_____I_____G_____N_____A_____T_____U_____R_____E__________________________________________

Any problem with a 3xP' server (server down, download loop,...)? - Feel free to mention it in the shoutbox so an admin can take care of it.
    ______________________________________________________________________________

3xP' TS3 IP: ts.3xP-Clan.com | Click here to directly join it.

• So much hate/negativity against one another... :whistling:
    I personally think when maps have a theme for example a few maps listed below -

• mp_mars
    • mp_zone
    • mp_atlantis

they're more enjoyable to play compared to those with a room with a platform/bounce and landing, nothing else.

Although this doesn't mean all the CodJumper maps which have been created/upcoming releases are bad/boring,
    the amount of time/effort creating a map even those with a simple layout/feel to them... is huge, it isn't as simple as people imagine until they experience mapping themselves and realize what goes in to a map.

Keep up the good work guys, don't get demotivated by negative feedback... there is always going to be one.
    I have learnt this over the numerous maps I have half completed, and even one which I had completed which only one or two people knew about who said it wasn't 'Enjoyable' because it was too hard, so I gave up.

You may even see me upload here soon, you never know ;)

Jayme <3

• Hey guys, There's a little something I've been starting to work on recently. So nothing much is done yet.

Map name will probably be changed but for now I'm using mp_Filz.

Map will have 4 ways:
    Easy - Starts off very easy and transitions to a slightly inter-like difficulty.
    Inter - Starts off normal for an inter way and slowly gains bhops, slides, better rpg timings ect...
    Hard - Same structure as inter just harder and diffrently textured.
    Advanced - Will have annoying techs,near perf-perf rpgs,slide bhops and so on. Shooting for 14-15 difficulty.

Also will add a gap room, that has gaps from 300 - 400 units big.

Gap room ( Nearly finished )
    - Screenshot by Lightshot

Spawn ( Mostly finished )
    -Top view: Screenshot by Lightshot
    -Font text: Screenshot by Lightshot / Screenshot by Lightshot

Easy way ( Under construction )
    -Screenshot by Lightshot

That's It for now. Might update the post sometime in the near future.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Love Blank, Kappa :)

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von blankscar ()

• I think this is a cod4 engine problem, not the mappers fault. Like to far away from center or something. (correct me if im wrong)

True! This happens if the map goes outside the 32k*32k*32k area. But in Mystic_v3 there is this weird thing that players in hard can see the players in inter too.

[2017-07-25 17:17:37] Funk Attack: bunny called u weak for only giving 30min ban
    [2017-07-25 17:17:46] 3xP' AlterEgo: can you ss it

• Nice blankscar, some suggestions: can u make gaps from like 280-400 so more beginner jumpers can fap? And can u not make it like mystic v3? Make it so u can see each other

Hey,

I was the one who had created the gaps room for @blankscar, I can certainly change the gap range from 300-400 to 280-400, I wasn't too sure what to start at so I went for 300.
    also...

I am thinking of creating a few prefabs or a .map file which includes a few gap room templates so those who're mapping don't have to spend time creating one themselves as I know it can be tedious and that time can be spent improving the jumps or design overall.

Here are a few of the ideas I had in mind for this:
    1. Floating platforms much like mp_galaxy
    2. Regular platforms as seen in most CJ maps with a gaps room, take mp_palm as an example
    3. With walls surrounding + Without walls surrounding the gaps room - this can allow the map creators to add their own walls/design so it suits their map theme

Please let me know if you'd like something like this, I thought it would be something to give back to the community and those who're mapping :)

Jayme <3

• You can add the galaxy thing as a template too.
    Anyone who wants to use it directly, here you go.

mp_galaxy_gaps_prefab.map

Thank you for providing a prefab already for people to use,

I guess I no longer have to create and release the templates now?

If you'd still like me too, or create a custom gaps rooms with a certain font/design shown in @blankscars then feel free to message me.

Jayme <3

• 125 fps only stagox? I would dislike that tbh as i think 125 only maps take out basicly the whole complexity of cj :P and for me 125 takes the fun ^^, 250 only would be cool :P

Anyways nice that u do a map :P

• 125 fps only stagox? I would dislike that tbh as i think 125 only maps take out basicly the whole complexity of cj :P and for me 125 takes the fun ^^, 250 only would be cool :P

I'm not certain although I think he meant there is going to be a 125 only way which is separate from the others so they'll still be easy/inter/hard and then 125 only.

Jayme <3

The map contains 3 ways:
    -Easy (125-250-333)
    -Inter (125-250-333)
    -125 (hard).

The 125 part is made for good 125 jumpers, not everyone will be able to do all the jumps on 125 fps ;)

Why isn't there a hard way?!

I don't have the time to make it. The reason I started mapping again is to finish my map I've been working on.