KTK 2.09.31 Test Server - Please report any bug you find

• True, would be easier. Well, then the unlockable would enable the option for the player then. Because if it's just an option that everyone can use, any newbie could toggle it (maybe without even knowing what it is, just to test), and he would die even quicker as king... Only experienced players should have access to this option.

But it shouldn't be too expensive... 1 or 2 points I would suggest :D

• The menu with the unlockables is full, i can not add any further buttons to it.
    I like the idea but i don't think it's good for the gameplay because a lot of players (especially new players) will be confused when they do not spawn as guard after they get killed.

With the new locktime dvar i have fucked up the javelin because i forgot to change getDvarInt() to getDvarFloat() so when it's lower then 1 it doesn't work and the log is spammed with an error saying unable to divide by 0.
    I have already fixed it and will add it to the next update.
    With the next update there will also come a little change for the javelin so players can not shoot a vehicle (the destructible cars) which has already been destroyed.
    Also the message telling the vehicle is out of range will not be spammed anymore.

edit:
    Little update:
    Explosive crossbow will now damage helicopters.
    No gore effect playing when the player survives the explosive crossbow.
    I'm still trying to find out why the game is not starting when there are exactly 4 players on the server (it were 4 weren't it?)

• The point with the Crossbow causing damage to the helicopter brought something back to my mind. What about throwing knifes doing the same?
    I tried it sometimes only realising the Knife just explodes appearently not doing anything. Would be a nice way to make those unlucky guys like me be able to get rid of the chopper by throwing knifes instead of dying several times until the first weapon appears.

Edit: Weird grammar mistake fixed

• The point with the Crossbow causing damage to the helicopter brought something back to my mind. What about throwing knifes doing the same?
    I tried it sometimes only realising the Knife just explodes appearently not doing anything. Would be a nice way to make those unlucky guys like me be able to get rid of the chopper by throwing knifes instead of dying several times until the first weapon appears.

At first I didn't understand everything, because I thought you were talking about exploding arrow, which actually does no dmg to heli (maybe it should be changed? @Viking is it possible to make explosive arrow deal dmg to heli? Edit: Ugh nvm I hadn't seen your edit. Nice :D ).
    Anyway, I dont think it really matters whether throwing knives deal dmg, because the heli is sometimes to high to even reach it with a throwing knife. And also, in 2.09.31, we can choose the percentage with which each weapon an assassin has a chance to spawn with, and the katana appearance is currently reduced to 5%, and the knife to 15%. So you have a lot more chances to spawn with a sniper now.

About the bug with the game not starting, you had told me (by PM) it was with exactly 3 players, not 4.

Edit: @all
    Quote from the first post of this thread:

Edit:
    Stuff which needs to be tested/verified:
    - Do settings reset or not after a map change or after you reconnect? (talking about this: k9hppk.jpg)
    - Any problem concerning Hardpoints (for exemple, not earning any).

I tested these things after uploading the latest mod.ff, and they were still buggy. Though I had to use bots as I was alone, and I'm pretty sure they always fuck things up.
    So if you have the opportunity to test this stuff with real players only, that would be nice if you could report if everything was fine (or not) for you.

__________________________________________S_____I_____G_____N_____A_____T_____U_____R_____E__________________________________________

Any problem with a 3xP' server (server down, download loop,...)? - Feel free to mention it in the shoutbox so an admin can take care of it.
    ______________________________________________________________________________

3xP' TS3 IP: ts.3xP-Clan.com | Click here to directly join it.

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von UFaced ()

• The arrow of the explosive crossbow and the throwing knives are handled like grenades, so to specify my statement:
    The explosive crossbow, the throwing knives and the grenades will damage the helicopters when they explode in the air (close to it).

UFaced:
    I'm not 100 percent sure when exactly the round start bug happens, but it does not happen with bots, that's why i can't reproduce the bug local on my computer. :/
    If it's okay i would like to upload a new mod.ff tomorrow with some messages on the screen which help me to locate the problem.
    It will be annoying for players to have the message on the screen but will help me a lot.

• The arrow of the explosive crossbow and the throwing knives are handled like grenades, so to specify my statement:
    The explosive crossbow, the throwing knives and the grenades will damage the helicopters when they explode in the air (close to it).

Okay nice!

UFaced:
    I'm not 100 percent sure when exactly the round start bug happens, but it does not happen with bots, that's why i can't reproduce the bug local on my computer. :/
    If it's okay i would like to upload a new mod.ff tomorrow with some messages on the screen which help me to locate the problem.
    It will be annoying for players to have the message on the screen but will help me a lot.

Sure no problem.
    Though I really don't have a lot of time these days (it may look like I have time because I'm often on forums... I'm just procrastinating on forums :D ), so I can't test stuff on the server.
    I think if you want to test stuff by yourself, the easiest way would be to go on our main server (91.121.21.210:28969) and ask people if they would like to come with you on the test server (by typing !ktktest). I'm sure many people will be glad to help the mod maker ;)

@All, quote from the first post of this thread:

Edit:
    Stuff which needs to be tested/verified:
    - Do settings reset or not after a map change or after you reconnect? (talking about this: k9hppk.jpg)
    - Any problem concerning Hardpoints (for exemple, not earning any). If you had no problem with Hardpoints, please report that everything went fine for you.

__________________________________________S_____I_____G_____N_____A_____T_____U_____R_____E__________________________________________

Any problem with a 3xP' server (server down, download loop,...)? - Feel free to mention it in the shoutbox so an admin can take care of it.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von UFaced ()

• Improvement idea:

Just thought of smth I'd like to see, after playing again on poolday... I think RPG should inflict some self-dmg.
    Nothing really big (it should never kill in one "hit", otherwise it would suck), but maybe something like 40 dmg.
    Because in poolday there are many weapons you can pick on the ground, including an RPG (you can have 20 ammo max at a time but that's still a lot). And sometimes people just pick it and keep camping and spamming it. If it inflicts some self-dmg, people won't be able to spam it as much.
    If it's possible, would be cool if you can add a dvar to enable self-dmg for RPG :D And maybe a dvar to choose the dmg it does to self :P

• edit:
    Round (not) start bug fixed

You really couldn't stop thinking about it xD
    Nice job :P

• Hey I noticed a little bug in the newest version of the mod...
    When a new round starts you can walk away from spawn until the first assasin gets chosen...

Is it only the first round of the map, while waiting for more players to join (or waiting the 10 seconds at the beginning of the map), or every round?

And the hardpoints thing is still bugged...

Can you add more details? What exactly happened? Did you not get any hardpoint, or you got some and some others not? Was it all rounds? Etc.

@Viking You didn't answer this, what do you think?

Improvement ideas:

- Vote system: A map which was just played shouldn't appear in the vote at the end (or maybe even in the vote of the next map as well). To avoid "too popular" maps to be played too often and kill the maps diversity. Maybe you could even add a dvar so we could choose in cfg for how many maps a map which was just played wouldn't appear again.

- Vote system: I don't know whether you fixed this or not. I think that when the map ends, if you don't click at all, it will make you vote for the first map of the list. Maybe you should add a blank line on top of the list, so if you don't click, you don't vote for any map. If ever no one votes, the map will be chosen randomly from the list.

Last thing: I would really like to see the Help Section improved.
    New players often ask what they have to do in the mod, always ask how can they be terminator, or why the fuck they spawned as guard again, or why they went from assassin to guards...
    I think the Contain the code, and Hack the Terminal parts should be removed (if you make them later you can add the parts again later :D ), and should be replaced with the most useful information.
    I'll be happy to make it for you if you want.
    I know you would like to have the same Help Section for all languages, but most people understand English and I think it's the language by default on the mod, so I really think it's important to at least edit the English help section.

• !nYpk! schrieb:
    Hey I noticed a little bug in the newest version of the mod...
    When a new round starts you can walk away from spawn until the first assasin gets chosen...

Is it only the first round of the map, while waiting for more players to join (or waiting the 10 seconds at the beginning of the map), or every round?

1. Its always, after every round.
    2. Nvm it works now... I just had to reselect them :D

• Last thing: I would really like to see the Help Section improved.
    New players often ask what they have to do in the mod, always ask how can they be terminator, or why the fuck they spawned as guard again, or why they went from assassin to guards...
    I think the Contain the code, and Hack the Terminal parts should be removed (if you make them later you can add the parts again later ), and should be replaced with the most useful information.
    I'll be happy to make it for you if you want.
    I know you would like to have the same Help Section for all languages, but most people understand English and I think it's the language by default on the mod, so I really think it's important to at least edit the English help section.

I could take care of the Polish Translation of the new Help Section, and also improve other parts of it as it's a bit poorly done just now, let me know if you are interested.

• Another improvement idea :D

Sometimes we see level 1 people being picked as King. It really sucks because they have no clue what they should do, they don't even realize they are king, and get killed in no time, which is annoying for everyone.
    It would be nice if when there are over 10 (for example) people on the server, people under prestige 0 level 20 (for example) wouldn't be picked as King.

It could work for assassin or dog/slave as well. Because when noobies who just joined the game for the first time and become assassin or dog on one or their first rounds, they'll get completely wrecked and most likely will ragequit and won't come back on the server ever again ^^

If ever there are over 50% (for example) of players on the servers who are under prestige 0 level 20, the script wouldn't trigger.

Edit: About the help section, you can grab ideas here: 3xP' Multigaming Community - Homepage » Static Sites »KilltheKing (in the "KTK Guide" part). It's not really up to date though so some things would surely need to be slightly changed.

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von UFaced ()

• Hey I noticed a little bug in the newest version of the mod...

I have already fixed that, should be gone with the next version.

1. Kinda hard to realize, imagine you have 5 maps in the rotation and you set the dvar to 3.
    There won't be much maps left for the vote.
    But i'll think about a solution, because i like that idea.

2. Yea sure, that's no problem to pick a random then.

3. Hack the terminals and Contain the code will never be finished because ktk has changed in so many ways that it would be a way to big effort to change all scripts again to make them work with htt and ctc.
    Good news is that i already started to make htt a stand alone mod (sadly the testserver was empty all the time), but let's finish ktk first before we step to htt.

That's a great idea, i'll see how i can add it.

edit:
    @UFaced New version is up, check your PM ;)

• 1. Kinda hard to realize, imagine you have 5 maps in the rotation and you set the dvar to 3.
    There won't be much maps left for the vote.
    But i'll think about a solution, because i like that idea.

I think it's no problem. Just create the dvar like this:
    set scr_playedMapWontShowUp 0 //Any number from 0 to ?? (0 = disabled; 1 = The map just played won't show up next vote (which means the vote at the end of the map); 2 = The map just played won't show up in the next 2 votes; etc) (default 0)
    And anyway, I think with the huge amount of maps existing for CoD4 now, no decent server has less than 20 maps in rotation ^^ Even with stock maps only, I think it would be around 15 maps?

2. Yea sure, that's no problem to pick a random then.

Nice :thumbup: I think it's really needed.
    Actually instead of letting the first line blank, I think you should write on it: Click/Fire to vote. (I can't remember if it's written somewhere already).

3. Hack the terminals and Contain the code will never be finished because ktk has changed in so many ways that it would be a way to big effort to change all scripts again to make them work with htt and ctc.
    Good news is that i already started to make htt a stand alone mod (sadly the testserver was empty all the time), but let's finish ktk first before we step to htt.

Oh that's nice! But yeah, first things first :D
    But to come back to the Help Section, I think it's really important to update at least the English version. If you say you are okay with it, I'll make my own, send it to you, and you'll edit it the way you like to replace the current help section with this new one :)

That's a great idea, i'll see how i can add it.

Nice :thumbsup:

edit:
    @UFaced New version is up, check your PM ;)

Uploaded ;)

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von UFaced ()

• I think it's no problem. Just create the dvar like this:
    set scr_playedMapWontShowUp 0 //Any number from 0 to ?? (0 = disabled; 1 = The map just played won't show up next vote (which means the vote at the end of the map); 2 = The map just played won't show up in the next 2 votes; etc) (default 0)
    And anyway, I think with the huge amount of maps existing for CoD4 now, no decent server has less than 20 maps in rotation ^^ Even with stock maps only, I think it would be around 15 maps?

The problems is that I don't know (yet) how to store:
    - how many maps were played between the map, which is currently blocked, and the map currently playing
    - which of the blocked map has to be re-enabled then
    I don't think it's a big deal when it's only one map (= dvar set to 1), but for any higher value it will.

edit:
    Added the script (dvar controlled) so a map which was just played will not appear in the votes at the end of the maps (for how long depends on the value the dvar is set to).
    Added the text to tell the players how to vote.
    Added the feature that a random map will be picked from the vote table if no vote was cast. (Before the first in the list was taken)

edit 2:
    The improvement not to pick "new" players and players with low ranks as assassin, slave/dog or king is really a pain, i don't think it will find it's way into the mod.

edit 3:
    For the help menu it would be cool if you could send me a text, i'll remove htt and ctc (they won't be added to the mod so there is no point in keeping the explanation)