KTK 2.10 - Final Testing Phase

• Hi everyone!

I decided to open a new thread because the old one (KTK 2.09.31 Test Server - Please report any bug you find) is getting a bit huge and the objective is now slightly different.

What I want now, is to put the final KTK version on our main server as fast as possible. We've waited long enough don't you think? :D

In order to achieve that, I want you guys to play as much as you can on our test server, and report ANY bug you can find, anything wrong, anything weird.

IP: 91.121.21.210:28972
    To join it you can type in console /connect 91.121.21.210:28972
    You can also type !ktktest while on our public KTK server (or any other 3xP' server) to join it directly.

I'm not looking for improvement ideas anymore (unless @Viking wants it but I don't think so). What I want is a completely "stable" version of the mod. Getting rid of all bugs if possible.

Here are the known bugs of the current version:

As you can see it's really not a lot, but I almost haven't played on the test server recently so there may be other bugs.

Hopefully we can get rid of all bugs and soon finally enjoy an even more awesome version of an already awesome mod :P

Edit: If ever the Test Server goes down, please let us know about it in the Shoutbox. If you were on the server when the crash happened, it would also be good if you could write what happened (which map, at which moment, etc.) in a post on this thread.

__________________________________________S_____I_____G_____N_____A_____T_____U_____R_____E__________________________________________

Any problem with a 3xP' server (server down, download loop,...)? - Feel free to mention it in the shoutbox so an admin can take care of it.
    ______________________________________________________________________________

3xP' TS3 IP: ts.3xP-Clan.com | Click here to directly join it.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von UFaced ()

• I played several maps and noticed a few bugs.

1) Once on killhouse, the last assassin left, and we were then 4 guards VS 0 assassins. Until someone else joined the game and went into the assassins team.

2) I had reports from 2 or 3 players that quite often, they had a bug, randomly, they weren't able to run, jump or use knife anymore, and had to quit CoD4 to fix it.
    I actually had this bug, but rarely, on previous versions of the mod. But usually it was after getting out of an AC I think. They told me on this version (of the test server), it was happening randomly quite often. Never happened to me on my time on the test server though.

3) I looked into the hardpoint bug. It actually says "The airstrike is disabled on this map!" on ALL maps, when you are the king. But when you're guard, there's no bug, you get airstrike if you picked it.

I don't know if this could have something to do with the way I put hardpoints for the king.
    As you can see in the spoiler in my first post, he should get airstrike at 7 kills, but gets the message instead.
    Then at 8 kills he gets a "Press F etc" message like he would get a weapon, but when we press F it just removes the message and does nothing (well anyway, he isn't supposed to get anything at 8 kills so idk why this message appears).
    And at 9 kills when he should get mortars, he gets nothing at all (not hardpoint, no message, nothing).

He gets the other hardpoints and weapons normally (poison nade at 4 kills, AUG at 6, MG42 at 16).

4) (Not a bug) The way the end vote menu chat works is kinda bad IMO. We have to click on the field, then add a space, then write what we want then press enter. Otherwise it won't work (I think).

5) I'm somehow able to see the end vote menu when I'm in spec. Not sure when. I think it's when a round ends. Not sure whether I pressed Esc or not. Anyway, I was able to actually click on a map to vote for it. And people saw in game "Next map: Slide (1 vote)" or smth like that. I doubt it had any impact on the game or would have any impact on the end map vote though, but still, it was weird ^^
    Edit: Actually at the end of the map, I was not able to vote for another map. Even though the maps in the vote were different.

Btw, we were getting kicked on Ambush with the error Mad Mouse reported, but your dvar (weap_reverse_load) fixed it, yeah :D

Last thing, the way Hardliner works is kinda confusing, adding 2 kills to the killstreak counter at the first kill, but well it gets the job done so it's no big deal :P

__________________________________________S_____I_____G_____N_____A_____T_____U_____R_____E__________________________________________

Any problem with a 3xP' server (server down, download loop,...)? - Feel free to mention it in the shoutbox so an admin can take care of it.

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von UFaced ()

• I am sory for writing in this thread but I have one question and its not about bugs.

What will happen with players prestige? I mean will it strart from 1st or is there something we will need to do to transfer them to updated mod. Again i am sory if question is stupid cuz i am nab so i do not realy know how it works :D

• What will happen with players prestige? I mean will it strart from 1st or is there something we will need to do to transfer them to updated mod.

No worries, your prestige won't change. The update shouldn't affect your prestige. If ever it does somehow, I'll give your prestige back.

• i noticed the following:

when beeing a guard you get a killstreakreward as usual, however when you die and didnt use this reward (eg ac or rcxd) and you respawn as assasin for the FIRST time it still says i have the reward.
    havent figured it out if this also counts for 2nd, 3rd etc time respawning as assasin since i'm too pro ^^

note: it only says it, you cant actually use it or see it on your screen.

• another bugreport ;3

before a new round starts there is a splitsecond which you can walk around and shoot and then the counting for the new round starts. just letting you guys know ;)

Edit:

another bug noticed:
    when respawning as assasin when beeing killed as guard you respawn as assasin and this shown or your screen. however the 'body' first spawns as guard and then auto-suicides. this is also shown in the log as a scull with your name behind it.

last one for now? who knows...

• When Sticky Grenades are equipped and you pick up Throwing Knifes left over from Assassins they get overwritten and you have suddenly Throwing Knifes with you. All Grenades are lost in that process.
    Had this several times already and this is really annoying. Would love to use something else besides smokes.

EDIT: This Bugreport is not from the Testserver as I dont have the sufficient Prestige to try it out there.

• That's because the grenades in cod do share their slots (flash, smoke and stun are all the same slot, same for frag and frag_short).
    But on the testserver this should not happen, i have written a code which saves the amount of your grenades in the back, so when you pick up a knife you get your grenades back when you have thrown the knife.

• 2) As king, when I press F to get poison nade (first king's hardpoint), it gives me 4 poison nades instead of one. I just noticed it because I use regular nades as hardpoint currently. But I bought all nades and poison nades in unlockables, so I guess it has something to do with that.

Should be fixed now.

1) Once on killhouse, the last assassin left, and we were then 4 guards VS 0 assassins. Until someone else joined the game and went into the assassins team.

Weren't able to reproduce this, maybe there is an error in the logs.

2) I had reports from 2 or 3 players that quite often, they had a bug, randomly, they weren't able to run, jump or use knife anymore, and had to quit CoD4 to fix it.

I know what's causing it, but it never happens to me on the testserver.
    When it happens type '-gostand' in the console and your controls are free again.

4) (Not a bug) The way the end vote menu chat works is kinda bad IMO. We have to click on the field, then add a space, then write what we want then press enter. Otherwise it won't work (I think).

There is no lobby chat in the cod4 engine (this came with cod:waw) so there is sadly no other way.
    I can't even check the text you write, otherwise i would add the 'SAY' and the space with a code.
    edit: forget what i said here, i found a work around :P No need to add a space anymore, but the click remains

• why dont you just use the 'old' voting system?

I find that the menu based voting system looks a lot prettier :D But if players don't find it convenient enough, I can easily change it back to the "old" system at any time, so it's no problem.

Should be fixed now.

I know what's causing it, but it never happens to me on the testserver.
    When it happens type '-gostand' in the console and your controls are free again.

Oh well that's a really great thing to know :D

There is no lobby chat in the cod4 engine (this came with cod:waw) so there is sadly no other way.
    I can't even check the text you write, otherwise i would add the 'SAY' and the space with a code.
    edit: forget what i said here, i found a work around :P No need to add a space anymore, but the click remains

Nice :P

No one has made another bug report yet.
    So I think once the bug with the king's hardpoints is fixed, we can put KTK 2.10 on our main server? What do you think @mirko911?
    If there are any bugs remaining, they will be found a lot more quickly since there are a lot more people playing on the main server. You could then make a last patch for bugfixes @Viking.
    And then @mirko911 we could merge the mod with our files one last time :)

• I agree with the "old" voting system, i don't like the new one.

just sayin :p

░░░░░░▄▀▒▒▒▒░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█
    ░░░░░█▒▒▒▒░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█
    ░░░░█▒▒▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
    ░░▄▀▒▒▒▄█████▄▒█▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▄█████▄▒█
    ░█▒▒▒▒▐██▄████▌▒█▒▒▒▒▒█▒▐██▄████▌▒█
    ▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▀█████▀▒▒█▒░▄▒▄█▒▒▀█████▀▒▒▒█
    ▒▒▐▒▒▒░░░░▒▒▒▒▒█▒░▒▒▀▒▒█▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█
    ▒▌▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▄▀▒░▒▄█▄█▄▒▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌
    ▒▌▒▒▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒█▌▌▌▌▌█▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▐
    ▒▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌▒▒▀███▀▒▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌
    ▀▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█