3xP' Editing Contest [Finished]

• I can't find there mp_Mystic_v3_Pyramide or mp_futarama :P

Here is a directory for all the maps *should include the latest* - Index of /usermaps
    or... you can download all the maps for the demo's here in one download: Zippyshare.com - usermaps.zip

1) Press CTRL + F to search.

2) Type 'mp_' then the name of the map, for example: mp_futurama.

3) Click on the main folder, then select the .ff, .iwd and load.ff.

4) Once you've downloaded all three files, simply create a folder called 'mp_futurama', in this example...

5) After you've created the folder, simply drag in the three files you downloaded.

Jayme <3

• I can't find there mp_Mystic_v3_Pyramide or mp_futarama :P

This is not a map, you are looking for mp_mystic_v3. The demo is just named mp_mystic_v3_Pyramide because it's where the player who performed the jump landed in the map.

Here are the links to the maps:
    Futurama: mp_futurama
    Mystic v3: Zippyshare.com - mp_mystic_v3.rar

[2017-07-25 17:17:37] Funk Attack: bunny called u weak for only giving 30min ban
    [2017-07-25 17:17:46] 3xP' AlterEgo: can you ss it

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Bunny ()

• Gogo mates, 3 days left :D

• I've sent my entry to Drizz on email (Bcuz i can't find any private message option on forum, whatever) but sadly he didn't respond :-(

Here you can private message @Drizz on the forum -
    Note: This goes for everybody needing to submit their entry.

Once you've clicked 'New conversation' simply fill out the needed information,

Subject: 3xP' Editing Contest.

Description/message: Link to your edit +any other additional information.

Good Luck :)

Jayme <3

• Ok I have made up my mind about the uservote now. I've received all of the edits and uploaded them all.
    When I'm finished with descriptions and thumbnails I'm going to publish them to the 3xP' channel.

We have 6 Edits. So for the Uservote you simply write a list of which edits you liked the most creating a personal ranking system.

For example:

1st < name of editor >
    2nd
    < name of editor >
    3rd .....

and so on.

Adding some information about why you voted the way you did is recommended as the editors may want to see what they can improve.

You will be able to vote until next Sunday.
    I'm thinking about multiplying the YouTube likes to the votes but I'm not sure about that
    as the last video uploaded is always going to get more views.
    I will inform you about that this week.

While you have time to vote Viruz and I are going to make a personal list also and point out the main reasons for our decisions.

I'm going to link all of the videos in another post on this thread.

That's all for now. Maybe share this thread a bit to get more people to vote.

Best Regards, Drizzjeh :thumbup:

• 1st FrisbeeSky
    2nd Rald
    3rd Hawk
    4th XPloz
    5th CoCoCod4
    6th Funk
    7th Karzye
    8th Chappie

Dont feel offended when you are near the bottom, all the edits were solid and well made. For me Frisbee is the clear winner in this one, by a mile. He did a sick job on the transitions and the edit in general, the creativity is through the roof on this one. I feel sorry for the others that had to compete against a guy like Fris.

This ranking is my personal opinion after watching all the edits.
    Updated*

• 1) Karzye - Really nice edit and a unique idea, also i'm a sucker for typography.
    2) Funk - Like the song and the clean simple editing. Also the disco like colours fit well
    3) Frisbeesky - Liked the intro a lot and some nice editing throughout. I would say the pacing was to slow, could of been about 30 seconds shorter
    4) Chappie - similar to funks with a nice simple edit but felt that is wasn't quite a well put together.
    5) Xploz - Some of the effects seemed a bit random such as the rain (which was shown on an indoor map). Also I thought the song change was unnecessary. I think with a bit more polishing this would be much higher on my list.
    6) CoCoCOD4 - Although iv put this last it isn't bad and still works well as CJ montage. I put it last as it felt very generic to me, for example showing the start of each jump.

Overall, all the entries are very good and better then anything I could do :)

• 1st : Frisbeesky
    2nd : Karzye
    3rd : Chappie // CocoCod4 // Funk // Xploz

As I said in the comments, Frisbee's edit is definitely the one that is sorted out, except karzye's one.
    About Karzye's I'd say that I always like that kind of abstract aspect of editing, but don't fall in the trap of over editing which was my feel at some points of the video. It's a hard balance to do something with clip cut off for cj when the best feel of playing it is to actually enjoy every little moments of a jump done correct. This is that kind of thing I personnally couldn't do and you got my respect for that.
    About the other movies, I felt like I was watching the same things, with overheard songs even though in quality terms those movies were better. In the end it feels like there is no soul in them, if so I wouldn't have any trouble in order to rank them. Most of the editors are kinda new to editing cj videos and they doesn't have an old experience from cj editing, this still feels promising !
    I feel like Frisbee didn't take that song for nothing, it was a thoughtful decision and the result is there. To me a song is 80% of the job in cj movies, what I have seen here are mostly seen and overseen edits, with heard and overheard songs, they feel so randomly picked up because they're just hype. My words are maybe harsh but I'm trying to get positiv critics for everyone, because I know how much work it is to make a movie and I'd like to see everyone improving in their own style.
    Then again, about colours and tastes, everyone is a judge ! Still great working guys and I wish the best for future editings to keep that codjumping community alive !

• 1st Karzye (so soothing to watch, not seen this style in CJ edits before)
    2nd Funk (very smooth, my personal preference for CJ edits)
    3rd Rald (simple editing style is very relaxing to watch, really smooth which is great)
    4th FrisbeeSky (original idea, nice effects, cool old-school vibe)
    5th Hawk (effects were cool, I like the edit style also kinda like botw)
    6th XPloz (mostly enjoyed watching)
    7th CoCoCod4
    (cool edit, nice techniques, just didn't stand out to me)
    8th Chappie (nothing major wrong, just didn't stand out to me)

Editing wise Karzye wins for me
    Enjoyment wise Funk wins for me

I have ranked them in the order I most enjoy watching, as NoobAim said, please do not take offence if you didn't rank as first - it's hard to pick with so many good edits.
    I really enjoyed the creativity used by some and the general smoothness used by others. I gave feedback on each video regarding what I thought about the edit.

Good luck all!

EDIT: added Rald and Hawk