KTK 2.10 - Final Testing Phase

• I know this isn't the place for improvement ideas, and you're not looking for improvements, but there's going to be a big update anyway so if you want you could as well add it.
    My simple idea:
    Dutch (NOT German) translation.
    There are quite a few Dutch players really, and I am one of them. I think a lot of them would love a Dutch translation of the ktk mod. And I would too. I can translate it from English German French or Spanish to Dutch if you want me to.

Ps: just an idea. Don't hate ;)

• Just one little thing I thought about. When we are in spectator, we can't know what round it is, because we don't see the team scores (top left). Is it possible to fix this? It can be very annoying sometimes (when spectating cheaters or stuff like that.

__________________________________________S_____I_____G_____N_____A_____T_____U_____R_____E__________________________________________

Any problem with a 3xP' server (server down, download loop,...)? - Feel free to mention it in the shoutbox so an admin can take care of it.
    ______________________________________________________________________________

3xP' TS3 IP: ts.3xP-Clan.com | Click here to directly join it.

• I'm sorry, i was busy the last weeks, but i gonna start working on it now.

Nice to hear that, I was becoming a little bit desperate :D I thought we would be able to put KTK final version on our main server before the summer ends but that seems a bit compromised now x)

__________________________________________S_____I_____G_____N_____A_____T_____U_____R_____E__________________________________________

Any problem with a 3xP' server (server down, download loop,...)? - Feel free to mention it in the shoutbox so an admin can take care of it.

• Morrning, my graphics card died and i am not even able to boot my PC. It's crashing straight after BIOS when it changes to the VGA Display. This means that I'm currently not able to continue the work on the mod(s) or come online (steam, ts...)

I hope i can get a cheap new card soon. Since i am not gaming anymore there is no point in buying a new expensive gaming card.

Just wanted to inform you.
    I'll let you know when i am back.

Viking

• Meh, not nice to hear :( Hope you'll fix it soon ^^

Btw, another very small idea:
    When someone is put on the ground, instead of just writing "X is on the ground", would it be possible to write "Y put X on the ground" (Y being the assassin who put X in last stand)?
    Always good to know who to hate :D
    And when it comes to the king, people always complain about "kill steal", so at least now they may have their name written (which is not much, but still a fun touch).

• Hey,

can someone give me a short briefing?
    What's the actual state?

I think we can put KTK 2.10 on the main server. I'd say the mod is stable enough.

I'd love to see a few final bugfixes though, but I have no idea when Viking will work on this, and people have been waiting for the update for a long time now.

If you have some time to merge the 2.10 version with our files, that would be awesome :D

• UFaced: Thank you for this update. If there`s still the elder version, I`ll play more !KTKTEST. ;-)

I know this isn't the place for improvement ideas, and you're not looking for improvements, but there's going to be a big update anyway so if you want you could as well add it. My simple idea:Dutch (NOT German) translation. There are quite a few Dutch players really, and I am one of them. I think a lot of them would love a Dutch translation of the ktk mod. And I would too. I can translate it from English German French or Spanish to Dutch if you want me to. Ps: just an idea. Don't hate ;)

I might be mistaken, but what translation you mean? About how this mod works? If the mod is in English then I think every Dutch player can read that. ;-) [DAD}You better put effort in your school right now[/DAD]. :-p

• @Viking:

tell me if I'm wrong, but I think there is a small bug with the restoreRank Feature in the admin.gsc

You give XP to the player in a while loop. But after the loop the self.pers["rank"] is still 0
    that causes that the scoreboard also shows rank 0. I think there must be an self.pers["rank"] = rank; after the while to fix this

• Hey there :D

I am back (lols)
    I sadly have no idea what i was doing before the graphics card died, so i'll fix the mentioned stuff within the last posts and you tell me after a short test what is still to do.
    Can you check in your files which was changed lately? The last change within my files is 'revive.gsc' from the 6. September

Sorry for the long absence.

• @Viking:

tell me if I'm wrong, but I think there is a small bug with the restoreRank Feature in the admin.gsc

You give XP to the player in a while loop. But after the loop the self.pers["rank"] is still 0
    that causes that the scoreboard also shows rank 0. I think there must be an self.pers["rank"] = rank; after the while to fix this

Nah you are wrong,

Code
    1. for(i=self.pers["rank"];i<Restore[1];i++)
    2. {
    3. self maps\mp\gametypes\_rank::giveRankXp("kill", int(level.rankTable[self.pers["prestige"]][i][3]), true);
    4. wait .1;
    5. }

self.pers["rank"] is 0 because i use the default rank system of the game by giving the player xp.
    Otherwise he would not rank up and in the challenges menu the yellow bar would be out of control (e.g. it would say 'needed xp for next rank -12345')
    Using this system self.pers["rank"] is automatically updated when entering the new rank (somewhere in rank.gsc)
    The scoreboard is updating once the whole rankup has finished, at least it should, i never had a problem with it.

Code
    1. ******* script runtime error *******
    2. unknown weapon 'mortars_mp': (file 'maps/mp/gametypes/_awards.gsc', line 378)
    3. self switchtoWeapon(weapon);
    4. *
    5. started from:
    6. (file 'maps/mp/gametypes/_awards.gsc', line 377)
    7. wait .05;
    8. *
    9. ************************************

The weapon name is 'mortar_mp'

• As you can see here: Kill The King v2.10 hits the server! [KTK 2.10 Update], we updated the mod on our main server :)

No need to join the test server anymore (at least for now) :P