Cancel vote command

• Would be nice If the Vote Cancel could be added to Members and/or Trusted.

Calling Votes for Kicks for things like Stuck Running, Kings suiciding or different things isnt necessary when a Trusted/Member is online. If none is there, its fine as long as it isnt done repeatedly.
    But we already had one Person calling continuesly Votekicks against people who "appearently" were hacking for that person and as most persons blindly vote for Yes its sometimes pretty meh.

As i play mostly on Kill the King, my Opinion is based on things that happened.

• If the vote command is removed for default players, I don't see the need for a cancel vote command.

@mirko911 Can I remove the vote perms from the default group now, or do I have to wait for another MAM update?

__________________________________________S_____I_____G_____N_____A_____T_____U_____R_____E__________________________________________

Any problem with a 3xP' server (server down, download loop,...)? - Feel free to mention it in the shoutbox so an admin can take care of it.
    ______________________________________________________________________________

3xP' TS3 IP: ts.3xP-Clan.com | Click here to directly join it.

• I don't think that you should remove vote system but just, for example, set a maximum limit of votes per player and per map ( like 2 votes for example ) I already saw this on an other server and it worked very well. Votes are useful for players when there are no admins online.
    But, I think you should only let .votekick for players because if you allow default to use .votemap it will be bad and they will keep changing map every second ( because of kids who dunno how to play).
    Moreover, It would be a good thing that Tusted players has the right to call a vote for change maps and command for change map too ( I think that if you are accepted in trusted group, you need to be trustworthy and show example so in my opinion i think we are enough responsible to care with that command and not abuse: only chnage map when map is stuck for example or when there is a too big map for a few number of players).

That's all , thanks for reading. :)

• IMO it's better as it was only a few weeks ago:

Trusted players and above had the right to call votes for maps (no need to be able to vote kick as they can directly kick already).
    Default players had no right to call any vote.

Ability to call vote for maps can be useful in certain cases, and as people able to call it are trusted and above, they won't use it in a stupid way.
    If all players can do it, only the most popular maps will be played over and over (at least on KTK, that's what would happen) and map diversity will be killed.

About vote kick, I have the same opinion as for the map vote. The majority of default players have no idea what they're doing. I can talk about the KTK server but also other servers. You have no idea how many times I've been kicked from servers (on certain game mods) because people thought I was cheating. All good / very good players are often called hackers. Someone calls a vote kick, and you're fucked. It's just stupid.

Or, the "yes" ratio would have to be extremely high for the vote kick to pass if called by a default player.
    Basically, all players (except those in spec) would have to vote "yes", except the guy against who the vote is called indeed. And the "yes" ratio would have to be above 80% in addition (so it wouldn't work with very few people on the server, to avoid friends kicking someone just joining). Even with that some people might be unfairly kicked, but that would be very rare.

__________________________________________S_____I_____G_____N_____A_____T_____U_____R_____E__________________________________________

Any problem with a 3xP' server (server down, download loop,...)? - Feel free to mention it in the shoutbox so an admin can take care of it.

• For CJ i like to stay it how it is at the moment, so only CJ Leader can cancel/force votes, i see that it would be cool do be able to cancel a vote if someone randomly kicks someone else.

But i even see me using this ability for my personal interests (cancel extended time, force map vote) and i think if i will give it too all members/trusteds, it will be used.
    And people will complain about forcing and canceling, like they even do it when i force/cancel (f.E a map vote for galaxy got canceled by me because it was played for over 4 h one map before)

And i can understand that, because the people will think that the vote isnt fail, so i dont think its good to provocate it.

Greetings,

Viruz

• I see what you mean Viruz. My idea was to try and stop the people voting to change the map in the last 20 seconds, just to block a time vote.

I don't see why Trusted Players would need it personally. I think, if it was to be given, it should only be for members, as everyone knows members are members for a reason

Still, was just an idea from me. Nice to see all of the responses though

-Jack

• members are members for a reason

Yeah, and this reason is TS activity :P Trusted players can very well be as mature as members. Could be a command for trusted2 or 3 and not 1 for instance.
    Anyway, as I said before, if the vote command is removed from the "default" group, there is no need for a cancel command to be added to these groups.

Just wanted to answer to this small part of your post ^_^

• The default group having the Vote-Permission isnt particulary bad. The only thing out there are a small group of players abusing it. Not every Player is like this and appearently all default-grouped Players seem to suffer from it.

You could give it a try, adding the Vote Cancel command to trusted/Member groups and still let the default group whether decide if they want to take or waste the chance to being able to deal with "Bad People" themselves. You'll never know until you try, right? :)
    Removing it later shouldnt be a big problem, unless its annoying to change the Permissions daily just for testing Reasons. ;)
    A requirement to execute the command would and should be a valid Reason. For example Cheating or interrupting fair Gameplay, like Stuckrunning on KtK.

I just cant tell if you were already attempting this and how well or bad this went.