9. Mosin Nagat (7) 41%
    10. Silenced m21 (1) 6%
    11. Throwing knife (1) 6%
    12. Ump45 (+attachments) (0) 0%
    13. Famas (+attachments) (1) 6%
    14. Aug (+attachments) (0) 0%
    15. Javelin (4) 24%

Hey there,

The amount of maps working with KtK is very limited, the majority is crashing due to the xmodel limit within the engine used for cod4.
    There is only one solution to increase the amount of playable maps - removing xmodels from the mod.
    Each custom weapon uses at least 2 xmodels, which is the reason why i would like to remove a few.
    (Custom models like kennedy could also be removed, but they are only a few that's why i don't see a point in removing them)

PS. (+attachments) means that this weapon also has different xmodels for the attachments

In case you don't want to remove weapons i could replace the worldmodels (the weapon other players see when looking at you (or you see when you are in 3rd person view)).
    E.g. you have the L96A1: You will still see L96A1 (except you are in 3rd person view) but other players will see the M40A1 while looking at you.

• One question:

If we remove only a few attachements for several weapons, would we be able to keep all the weapons (but with less attachments)? Because if yes I think that'd be the best to do. Like removing ACOG, grip (don't remember if grips are in the mod), grenade launcher...
    Though as far as I remember some "ACOGs" for example look different on the weapon in your mod than in the "regular" CoD4 game. Tell me if I'm wrong. These ones should stay. But I feel like regular CoD4 ACOG should go. I think same goes for "reflex". If I remember well, for example it looks different (and very good) on the famas, but when it looks like the "regular" reflex of CoD4 (red dot sight, is that it?), it should be removed as well IMO.

If we can do that I think it'd be way better than getting rid of a complete weapon.

If removing weapons is mandatory, I'd suggest removing M14, maybe MP44, maybe MG42, or maybe less used weapons like dragunov, or maybe M21 non-silenced (if it exists in the mod, don't remember). And one of the "sucky" pistols as well (usp or colt45, is that it? Don't remember if there are others).

What I'd say, really don't remove:
    - the worldmodels
    - Crossbow
    - Intervention
    - L96A1
    - Magnum
    - Minigun
    - Silenced m21
    - Throwing knife
    - Famas
    - Aug

__________________________________________S_____I_____G_____N_____A_____T_____U_____R_____E__________________________________________

Any problem with a 3xP' server (server down, download loop,...)? - Feel free to mention it in the shoutbox so an admin can take care of it.
    ______________________________________________________________________________

3xP' TS3 IP: ts.3xP-Clan.com | Click here to directly join it.

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von UFaced ()

• I can't remove weapons coming with cod4, i can only remove the custom weapons i have added.
    Overwriting an existing weapon (like i did with e.g. saw_acog_mp (minigun)) won't help because the game still loads the model of the saw.
    The models of the weapons coming with cod4 are compiled in a basic ff file of the game (i think its the common_mp.ff) and this is unchangeable.

edit:
    To give you an impression of the amount of custom models i have added to the mod:

• You can add new models with this. I have a list of 98 weapons (all mp weapons with all attachments) to replace, there might be even more.

• Okay so what you put in the spoiler are ALL the custom models you could remove?
    So what you put in the vote are all the weapons you can possibly remove I guess. Thought there were more than this ^^

Btw, I think removing the world models is a bad idea. It would really suck to think your opponent has a certain weapon, but actually has another one. You can sometimes act differently depending on what weapon your ennemy has. Not often, okay, but anyway it'd suck :D

Another question, if you remove crossbow, I suppose it means removing crossbow with regular arrows + crossbow with explosives? Coz that would really suck IMO ^^

If my opinion can influence someone, I'd personnaly remove first MG42, second mosin-nagant, third Javelin (if needed).

One last thing, if regular CoD4 weapons are obliged to load anyway, why not putting them in the mod? Like mp5, scorpion... Are you obliged to use the regular weapons names for the custom weapons? Or cannot you just make up new names for the custom weapons?
    Anyway, even if that's a problem, if you remove 2 or 3 weapons, you'll be able to add the "regular" weapons instead, I guess. Don't know if I was really clear :D

PS: Made the thread sticky.

PS2: People, you can edit your vote if you want, it's possible :D

__________________________________________S_____I_____G_____N_____A_____T_____U_____R_____E__________________________________________

Any problem with a 3xP' server (server down, download loop,...)? - Feel free to mention it in the shoutbox so an admin can take care of it.

• One last thing, if regular CoD4 weapons are obliged to load anyway, why not putting them in the mod? Like mp5, scorpion... Are you obliged to use the regular weapons names for the custom weapons? Or cannot you just make up new names for the custom weapons?
    Anyway, even if that's a problem, if you remove 2 or 3 weapons, you'll be able to add the "regular" weapons instead, I guess. Don't know if I was really clear

he can modify the values of default weapons (ammo, damage, reload time). Also he can rename the weapons. But a renamed AK47 still looks like an AK47.
    He can maybe change the looking of an AK to P90 Look, but not to (what's the last gun in ktk is called?)

• 1. The spoiler contains every model "I have added to the mod/game", so yeah, I can remove any of them.
    2. You're right and i dislike this solution too.
    3. By removing the crossbow the explosive crossbow would also be gone, that's right because they use (obviously) the same models.
    4. The reason is a limitation in the engine again, i'm not sure about the amount, but i can only load a few weapons with "new" names.
    By removing a custom weapon, e.g. the minigun, which replaces the saw_acog_mp the saw_acog_mp can be used again.

he can modify the values of default weapons (ammo, damage, reload time). Also he can rename the weapons. But a renamed AK47 still looks like an AK47.
    He can maybe change the looking of an AK to P90 Look, but not to (what's the last gun in ktk is called?)

Wrong.
    If you check the weapons folder within the iwd file, or the weapons.txt within the readme folder you will notice that nearly every custom weapon replaces a default cod4 weapon file.
    Again the example of the minigun, which is the saw_acog_mp weaponfile with changed values, a new weapon model and animations.

edit:
    I think we should cancel the vote at this point.
    From what i can see do the weapons belong to ktk like the kennedy model ;)
    They were in from the beginning and should not be removed.
    I'll think about an other solution, currently i got the following in my mind:

1. Joining the head and the body of the assassin types (makes 3 instead of 6 models)
    2. Removing either the terminator or the juggernaut model (1 model less)
    3. Replacing the throwing knife with the default knife (again 1 model less)
    4. Removing the 2 easter eggs - tbh the dog shit is not as funny as i thought, and the tire on death sucks too (2 models less)
    - Would save 7 models here -

Not sure if possible:
    1. Replacing the box of the carepackage with a box which is already in the game (again 1 model less)
    2. Joining all models needed for the gore effect (makes 1 model instead of 4)
    - Would save 4 models here -

Not sure if i should do it:
    1. Removing the worldmodel of the silenced UMP45 (i'm not sure if it's such a big deal if we see a silenced or a non-silenced weapon) (again 1 model less)
    - Would save 1 model here -

In total i could save 12 models if everything works as it does currently in my mind :D
    But realizing this would take some time :/

• __________________________________________S_____I_____G_____N_____A_____T_____U_____R_____E__________________________________________

• So yeah, we have 2 models less now.
    Better then nothing :/

• So yeah, we have 2 models less now.
    Better then nothing :/

Yeah better than nothing ^^
    If you still need to remove weapons, IMO the only 2 weapons that could be removed are MG42 (because IMO it looks ugly (MG42_WaW.png for those who don't know what MG42 is)), and the Mosin nagant, because first, I like a lot more the snipers with "sighting glasses", and furthermore it has a very bad rising animation (maybe no rising animation actually?). All the other weapons are looking great and are used a lot more (at least on our server ^^ ).

What about the wordmodels of weapons with attachments btw (replacing them with the models without attachments)?

Random thought: Is it possible to reduce a bit the L96A1 reloading time? It's really long (because we can't "cancel" the end of the reloading animation like we can do with most weapons in CoD4).

Btw, what was the tire on death?

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von UFaced ()

• 1. I personally love the weapons in ktk, especially the mg42 (awesome memories with the mg3)
    2. Except the ump45 there is no weapon with a worldmodel which uses an attachment
    3. Sure the reload time can be changed within the weaponfile