KTK 2.09.31 Test Server - Please report any bug you find

• Possible additional options for spy:

1) There is a spy only when there are over 10-15 people to prevent anybody being the obvious spy.
    2) Warn a player he is a spy 25 seconds before he becomes the spy to prevent any annoying spawn killing in the beginning of a round.
    3) Only a King or a guard with a new perk (3-4 points) can kill the spy in order to prevent the spy from being killed or shot at by too many people.
    4) Once the spy dies from a guard or a King he should spawn as assassin.

Note: This would be similar to receiving a care package as an assassin and getting a guard uniform.

• 1) There is a spy only when there are over 10-15 people to prevent anybody being the obvious spy.
    2) Warn a player he is a spy 25 seconds before he becomes the spy to prevent any annoying spawn killing in the beginning of a round.
    3) Only a King or a guard with a new perk (3-4 points) can kill the spy in order to prevent the spy from being killed or shot at by too many people.
    4) Once the spy dies from a guard or a King he should spawn as assassin.

3. When nobody has the perk? He could just kill everybody...

• Little improvement idea:

Create dvars so we can chose the Heli HP depending on the number of players online (maybe from 1 to 7, from 7 to 15, from 15 to 25, for 25+).

On a map like Uprise for instance, if there are 5 to 10 people, it's really hard to get rid a a heli, almost impossible if the gunner is good. On the other hand, if there are 30 people online, it can get shot down in 5 seconds.

Edit: Side question
    If the Heli has 3000 HP, it means it will require roughly 30 shots to bring it down? A shot = 100 dmg to heli? Or does it change a bit according to perks for instance? And a stuck arrow would inflict 300 dmg (if dvar is set to 300)?

__________________________________________S_____I_____G_____N_____A_____T_____U_____R_____E__________________________________________

Any problem with a 3xP' server (server down, download loop,...)? - Feel free to mention it in the shoutbox so an admin can take care of it.
    ______________________________________________________________________________

3xP' TS3 IP: ts.3xP-Clan.com | Click here to directly join it.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von UFaced ()

• Rust bug:

In the map mp_Modern_Rust there is a ladder in the middle of the map. However, you cannot reach the top room due to you slowing down and falling. I find this particularly annoying
    because I feel restricted to the first and ground level. If this is fixed there will be an additional camping/sniping spot within the map.

• And a stuck arrow would inflict 300 dmg (if dvar is set to 300)?

Is it even possible to stuck the heli?!

Rust bug:In the map mp_Modern_Rust there is a ladder in the middle of the map. However, you cannot reach the top room due to you slowing down and falling. I find this particularly annoying because I feel restricted to the first and ground level. If this is fixed there will be an additional camping/sniping spot within the map.Edit: Sorry, I have no demo.

Kinda Off-Topic
    The creator of the map didn't want ppl to go up there...That's the reason the ladder is broken

• Hey guys, sorry for the absence but one of my HDD died (luckily not the one with the modtools lol) and i had to recover my data first.

After playing again a bit, there's a problem with Javelin: When it says you got it from the box, you actually get nothing at all.

About the weapons auto-switching, it seems to happen with weapons you bought from the box. Mostly as random assassin, when you buy another weapon, I think it switches pretty much all the time. As king it doesn't do it apparently. As first assassin, apparently it happens the first time, after you bought a weapon and climb smth (a ladder, or when you get over a wall by pressing space). After the first time it autoswitched back to another weapon, it doesn't do it again apparently. Not sure what it does as guard. I think if I remember well, the bug doesn't happen (weapons don't autoswitch).
    Not a big issue though.

Both fixed now.

Just thought about this: Spawn protection doesn't work with poison nades.

Fixed.

A few people on the ktk server came up with this idea:
    A spy guard who looks like a regular guard will be picked from the start.

I really dislike this idea, it would result in a mass panic and everyone would just should every player crossing it's way.

Create dvars so we can chose the Heli HP depending on the number of players online (maybe from 1 to 7, from 7 to 15, from 15 to 25, for 25+).

Sounds fair, i'll add it.

Is it even possible to stuck the heli?!

Yeah it came with the last update.

edit: dvar for the heli added.

• Hey I got a question:

Would it be possible to remove the smoke grenade statement in console?
    It really fucks up my console if I have to watch sth. there...

EDIT: I got another improvement idea whenever a player is near you and he gets into laststand mode, it should show up a text, that there is someone down nearby...

• Would it be possible to remove the smoke grenade statement in console?

As far as i know it's not removable, but i opened a topic here: The OpenWarfare Project - Login
    Maybe the have a solution. Do you know when it happens?

edit:
    Got a response on the forums and it's not fixable.
    I found the string in the iw3mp.exe so it's hardcoded ... nothing we can do against it.

• Nice nice nice wasn't expecting everything to be fixed and added just as you came back :thumbsup:

Uploaded new mod.ff on the test server.

__________________________________________S_____I_____G_____N_____A_____T_____U_____R_____E__________________________________________

Any problem with a 3xP' server (server down, download loop,...)? - Feel free to mention it in the shoutbox so an admin can take care of it.

• Sry for double post :D

I played a very little bit, and I don't like it when we lose our weapon by buying one (I think only as assassin). For instance if you have an Intervention, and you buy something in the hope to get a Javelin or a M21, and you get a R700, as it replaces your Intervention, you actually paid to get a less good weapon that what you had. I assume that's part of the mthod you used to fix the weapon auto-switching (?), though I think it kinda sucks because of this.
    Also idk if it's possible, but it would be good if you can't get something that you already have. For instance I got 3 Javelins in a row, and that's useless ^^ Same with other weapons, R700, tripwire...

Something else: I think it would be good, if possible, to add a button for the Help Menu just under MOTD & Rules when you press Esc. Not everyone presses the Quick chat key.
    You could name it "About KTK - Help Menu" or "About KTK - Get started", or just "About KTK", as you wish :D

• Added an if statement to the weapon box, which disables the selection of any weapon the play has in it's inventory.
    I'm not sure if it overwrites the weapons when a player has 2 weapons or if it stores them but the player can not use them... has to be tested.
    For that limit the weapons in the box to 3 or 4, if we can get one twice it's fine.

The button is also added.

• Got a response on the forums and it's not fixable.
    I found the string in the iw3mp.exe so it's hardcoded ... nothing we can do against it.

It could be possible with libcod, but would also make it a bit more complicated to host a server as it requires some knowledge of shell script to find and download the missing libraries.

A list of functions in the current version: -=[ Call Of Duty 4:Modern Warfare, Script Reference ]=-

M-itch/libcod · GitHub

Regards Yuri

• Just got an idea.
    Since quite a long time I was thinking that more prestiges would be cool. Because I've seen several players who have begun palying less and less after reaching prestige 55. And because it's always fun to earn levels and prestiges. It's also a way to show who's da boss when you're a higher prestige :D
    But I assume you can't add new prestiges without having all the players losing their current prestige? Or would it be possible?

Also, even if that is not possible, would it maybe be possible to change the order of the prestiges emblems? I don't know what you think about this, but personally I find pretty much all prestiges emblems from 46 to 55 kinda ugly. And when you reach prestige 55, you're stuck forever with an ugly prestige :D (well, maybe it's actually a nice emblem, but in small size on the score table, it looks ugly IMO).
    The ones I like the most are from 31 to 45 (from Black Ops). Maybe you coukd put those ones after the 46-55 ones.
    I know they are in chronological order, but we don't really care, do we? :D
    Not a big deal indeed. But it kinda sucks that higher prestiges get less beautiful emblems IMO.

If for any reason those things won't be changed/added, I thought about something else.
    Would it be possible to create several xpmulti dvars, for different prestiges brackets?
    The reason is, I think the XP needed to reach higher prestiges should be incremental. But if we can't change this because it would fuck up players' prestiges, why not doing it the other way around ^^
    So it won't discourage beginners, because they'll still gain a nice amount of XP per kills/hardpoints etc, but when you reach higher prestiges, and those prestiges are kinda useless except for the sake of earning prestiges, it should take longer to reach each prestige.
    So for instance there would be different xpmulti dvars for prestiges 0 to 10, 10 to 20, 20 to 30, 30 to 40, 40 to 50, 50 to 55.

On another note, a few players reported in the shoutbox that on 2.09.31, assassins can now earn Nuke via CPs. Idk if you did this on purpose, but I think that's a really really bad thing for the mod.

Note: See here for other few ideas: [Kill the King] Improved Settings and Information...

PS: Many nice prestiges out there now :O All Call of Duty Prestige Emblems CoD4 - CoD10 watermarked.png

• Adding more prestiges without deleting the players current rank and prestige is indeed possible.
    The reason why i'm not going to add more prestige is simple - again a damn limitation within the cod4 engine.

You can rotate the order of the prestige icons as you wish, all you have to do is to switch the names of the iwi files within the iwd.
    I have added them chronological because no tastes are the same and every player has a different favourite icon.

xpmulti dvars are indeed possible as well, but i don't see a point in them.
    By reaching higher ranks you automatically do level up slower, so why to add this for prestiges too?
    It would take ages to reach the final prestige and i'm pretty sure it will be abused the other way around to get more players.

The nuke appears with a chance of 1 percent in an assassins carepackage.
    I'm going to check the improvement ideas, but for now the mod won't be changed because of the release, which was planned for christmas.

edit:
    I have read the ideas in the other topic and i'm totally with you @UFaced
    With the new perks you are right, the menu is full, there is no room for new buttons.
    (It's maybe not visible ingame but the code behind has reached the max amount of itemDefs)
    The poison grenade is replacing the regular smoke grenade, so it's not possible, except we overwrite a flash grenade.
    I didn't know the stage bug yet, but since it's only happening rarely i won't add the fix to the current update.

• Edit: Sorry for the long post :S

Okay :)

Well the idea behind the xpmulti dvars was to:
    1) make it easier for beginners to level up, so they can catch up more easily with higher prestige people
    2) but also to make it a bit harder to level at high prestiges, to keep some challenge and not have everyone reach very high prestiges easily
    In the end, it would take about the same time (or maybe a bit more) to reach the last prestige, but it would benefit the beginners. The hardest prestiges to get would be the ones which don't bring any new perk or anything as only 28 points are needed to have everything basically.

But anyway, not a big deal at all, was just a small idea :P

I have a few other things to add (I just read again the .doc files I had sent you through Steam). I picked up those I thought were the most important.

Small bugs:

5) Hardpoints and nades cannot be used for the rest of the round when you turn terminator.
    You “lose” the hardpoints you already had, when you turn termi, until next round, or if u get killed and become guard again.
    Really annoying, for 2 reasons, the first being you can’t use the hardpoints and nades, second being since you can’t make room by using them, you won’t get the upcoming hardpoints. Even though they don’t show up anymore when you turn termi, they’re still there and take the room.

I think this one is fixed is .31, you've done something to fix it?:
    4) The carepackage bug.
    When you use another hardpoint before using your CP, then you won’t be able to use it until next round.
    For instance you earn CP, then airstrike, then you use your airstrike, and then you try to launch your CP, it won’t work.

And 2 improvement ideas (which are really little things, not important at all but would be cool):

3) The final killcam.
    Really not an important idea, and maybe hard to make. However, I thought it would be really nice if we could see both the guy who inflicted the most dmg to the king, and then the guy who killed him. Sometimes the killer was just a lucky guy, while someone just before performed some amazing action and the kill was “stolen” (many people complain about “killstealing” :P ). If the same guy inflicted most dmg and killed, there would be only 1 killcam indeed.
    People like final killcams so even if there is 10/15 sec of killcam, people would still like it I think.

This one is a bit less important since we can choose between dog and slave, but would still be really nice:
    11) A toggle out / in system for dog / assassin / king.
    People can choose “no” or “yes” or “idc” (by default “idc”) e.g. (“Do you like to be dog?”; “Do you like to be first assassin?”; Do you like to be King?” in the options page).
    For example with dog, if for instance the system would have picked someone who chose option “no”, it will check if on the server there are people who chose “yes”. If there are, it will pick instead someone randomly from the people who chose “yes”.
    It would be awesome because it would avoid rounds lasting 30 secs because some people hate being king and get killed in no time, avoid people leaving because they are dog and hate it, and overall everyone would be happier because they would get what they like more often.

You can rotate the order of the prestige icons as you wish, all you have to do is to switch the names of the iwi files within the iwd.

So basically I could also change the iwi files, for instance those of the 10 last prestiges, to replace them with the BO2 emblems? :P

PS: Stupid CoD4 engine X(

Edit:
    One little improvement idea again: When someone uses Heli, could it say on assassins' screen: "Shoot down the heli!", or something like this? I think not everyone knows they can shoot it. Sometimes with some teamwork it could be taken down quickly, but usually people just don't give a fuck and get killed over and over again without even trying to shoot it -.-

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von UFaced ()

• Well the idea behind the xpmulti dvars was to:
    1) make it easier for beginners to level up, so they can catch up more easily with higher prestige people
    2) but also to make it a bit harder to level at high prestiges, to keep some challenge and not have everyone reach very high prestiges easily
    In the end, it would take about the same time (or maybe a bit more) to reach the last prestige, but it would benefit the beginners. The hardest prestiges to get would be the ones which don't bring any new perk or anything as only 28 points are needed to have everything basically.

Yeah you got a point.
    What a bout dividing the xp by the prestige you are? xD
    e.g. a kill: (100 xp / 50 prestige) = 2xp -> the player only gains 2 xp

5) Hardpoints and nades cannot be used for the rest of the round when you turn terminator.

Fixed.

4) The carepackage bug.

Fixed within one of the last updates, just tried it to be sure ^^

3) The final killcam.

Impossible

11) A toggle out / in system for dog / assassin / king.

Possible, but would be a big effort - even more than the minplayer change to 2 :D

So basically I could also change the iwi files, for instance those of the 10 last prestiges, to replace them with the BO2 emblems?

Yip, just keep their names so the mod can find the image

When someone uses Heli, could it say on assassins' screen: "Shoot down the heli!"

Good idea, but don't you think that would result in mass spam if ppl launch helis every now and then?

edit:
    Stage bug fixed.