KTK 2.09.31 Test Server - Please report any bug you find

• Wohoooo :D
    I really look forward to buy weapons as assasins :D
    Will the Weaponbox-Price be the same or less?
    I would suggest 50 Points...

yeah i agree with Nypk 50 points it's gonna be awesome

Don't worry guy, if I bothered Viking to have a separate dvar for box price for assassins, it's to use it :D
    I was thinking 45. I'll see ^_^

EDIT: New mod.ff uploaded ;) And disabled all hardpoints on nuketown for now, for testing purposes ^_^

EDIT2:
    I just played. There is a weird huge bug lol ^^
    Well first, KTK Help Menu, very good job :P Though there are a few typos and small issues (dunno if you're aware of them; you can see them here: 130184957-4.jpg and here: 130184961-4.jpg). I will list the typos later.

Now about the bug. I played a first round, fine (on Nuketown). With only 1 bot. I was picked as assassin. I killed the king, then the killcam was beginning fine, but maybe 1 or 2 seconds before we could see the final shot, it was cut. Then a new round began, but everything was in slow-mo O.o I tried reconnecting, was still the same. For every round.
    So I restarted the server and tried on another map (Crash). But the exact same thing happened (first round fine, final killcam cut e few seconds too soon, and following rounds in slo-mo).
    Here's a sample video of how it looked: Xfire - Videos: CoD4 KTK test weird bug

EDIT3:
    The disabled hardpoints messages seem to work perfectly :thumbup: Though I'd write " ... is disabled on this map" (and not " ... is disabled this map" - I think it's not correct, not 100% sure though ^^ ).
    About the slo-mo bug, I tried again, and I played the first round without killing the king. And the second round was totally fine. So I tried killing the king, and the same bug happened. So it only happens when we kill the king, so it has smth to do with the final killcam I think.
    A server restart or map change fixes it btw.

Note: Looks like the length of the final killcam is steady and good now though. If it weren't cut at the end, it would be perfect :D

__________________________________________S_____I_____G_____N_____A_____T_____U_____R_____E__________________________________________

Any problem with a 3xP' server (server down, download loop,...)? - Feel free to mention it in the shoutbox so an admin can take care of it.
    ______________________________________________________________________________

3xP' TS3 IP: ts.3xP-Clan.com | Click here to directly join it.

4 Mal editiert, zuletzt von UFaced ()

• Well first, KTK Help Menu, very good job Though there are a few typos and small issues (dunno if you're aware of them; you can see them here: 130184957-4.jpg and here: 130184961-4.jpg). I will list the typos later.

Fixed.

The disabled hardpoints messages seem to work perfectly Though I'd write " ... is disabled on this map" (and not " ... is disabled this map" - I think it's not correct, not 100% sure though ).

Changed ;)

So I restarted the server and tried on another map (Crash). But the exact same thing happened (first round fine, final killcam cut e few seconds too soon, and following rounds in slo-mo).

Can you post the finalkillcam settings (dvars) please.

• Can you post the finalkillcam settings (dvars) please.

I let the default values:

set scr_finalkillcam_time 10
    set scr_finalkillcam_posttime 2

__________________________________________S_____I_____G_____N_____A_____T_____U_____R_____E__________________________________________

Any problem with a 3xP' server (server down, download loop,...)? - Feel free to mention it in the shoutbox so an admin can take care of it.

• There is a big problem with the KTK test server. Everything is twice as slow as normal. Even though it is cool, it is a big disturbance from the general way KTK is played.
    If someone were to fix it, KTK would be good. :thumbup:

Note: Love the addition of the Scorpion. Much better than the M9 pistol setup. :thumbsup:

• Improvement idea that I just thought of again :D :

It's about the MOAB. I just hate how, when the caller dies and becomes assassin, the explosion kills the whole guards team.
    Some people sometimes even troll with it, dying on purpose after calling it in order to kill the king.

I think it's just really unfair for the king who dies even though he hasn't done anything wrong at all.

My solution (3 possibilities):
    1) If the caller dies, it cancels the MOAB.
    2) If the caller dies, the MOAB explodes but we just see the animation, no one dies (better than n°1).
    3) If the caller dies, the MOAB still explodes, but kills all guards except the king. Even though it's still unfair for the guards to die like this IMO, it could be fun. The king still has a chance to survive, and at least the round doesn't end just like that. A lot less frustrating IMO.

Note: If the caller had an extra life and spawns as guard after dying, the MOAB should still work normally.
    Maybe the simplest way to make this would be to write a script so that the MOAB simply cannot kill anyone of the guards team (except if you choose solution n°3, then it should simply never kill the king).

EDIT:
    2nd improvement idea:
    If the king leaves in the first 30sec/minute, he should be replaced by a random guard instead of having the round ending (which can be very annoying :P ).

EDIT:
    About the Help Menu, I think on the "Informations" tab, at the 2nd line, we should add:
    - Staying near the king to protect him gives you a lot of XP over time.
    Maybe more players will actually try to defend the king :P

EDIT:

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von UFaced ()

• Really? Because earlier today I was playing with 5 people all experiencing the same problem. Everything (including sound and effects) were twice as slow before the glitch occurred.
    I really think it is a glitch because I understand that I do not yet have the sleight of hand perk.

Edit: failed to mention that glitch sometimes works and it is initiated when other players join in (more than 2).

• The moab should only kill the opponent team, when the player who called it is still in the team he was when he called it.
    I have added the new selection of the king and the addition to the help menu.
    Slow-motion bug should also be fixed.

Awesome :thumbsup:

@UFaced check your pm ;)
    It's hopefully the last mod.ff

I uploaded it, but... The server won't start :S
    Dunno if I may have done smth wrong, but I don't think so.
    @mirko911 Can you check what's wrong maybe?
    Otherwise there's a problem with the new mod.ff.

• Okay :P

Uploaded.

Tested a bit.

Slo-mo bug is fixed.

The king thingy seems to work nicely :)
    Though I think it would be nice if it said, in addition to "The king has left":
    " ... is the new king".
    EDIT: Nvm it is written... Dunno how I've missed it :P

Haven't tested MOAB.

2 "problems" left:
    - a few spelling mistakes and "display problems" left in the Help Menu
    - Some settings still reset. I only tested the Field of View one. Actually I was only caring about XP and slave instead of dog, because I thought that since I had /cg_fov 80 I didn't need to choose it in the options of the mod. But I noticed I was back to cg_fov 65 (no idea since when, but I guess that's coz of the mod), so I used the option to put 80, and after a reconnect, it was back to 65.

Also I think the message which says how to vote should be "Press ... to vote for the next map!" (and not "Press ... to vote the next map!").

Though it could be reduced to just "Press ... to vote!"
    Because otherwise it can make the message go out of the box: 720a68cd583a9d47eee9c79e77431349.png

Well, it's because my "attack" is bound to mouse1 and also mwheeldown. But I think even with just mouse1 it would go over the timer on the right and maybe also go a bit outside the vote box. Maybe not for all languages ^^

About the Help Menu "mistakes":

393b01b9da8faffb6b30236714d87421.png
    1) I don't think it's right to put "max"
    2) Missing space
    3) It needs to be specified that he'll respawn as guard only if he's killed by the king, not just if he's killed (so maybe "An assassin killed by the king will respawn as a guard")
    4) Idk if it's normal that it shows this. Shouldn't it show the key bound by the client? Maybe it should be [{+use}] instead?
    5) dieing dying

94f099a11d4bcd979f98140c370bff83.png
    1) Well you see the problem :D (you've)
    2) Going out of the box
    3) king in yellow :P

Okay that's all for now :D :D
    I think we're close to a final 2.09.31 version :D (btw, never understood why you never go to 2.10, .11 etc... You're making a lot of changes :P )

Edit:
    Just a quick question: What happens if there is the same amount of votes for 2 different maps? 1 of the 2 maps is randomly chosen? (same question if there is the same amount for 3 or 4 maps, 1 out of the 3 or 4 maps is randomly chosen?)

Edit: Another bug that I had forgotten about: As assassin (can't remember if it also does it as guard or king), when you climb something (by pressing space), it makes you switch your weapons.
    Not that big of a deal since most assassins have only one weapon. But if you know how to fix it, that's one bug less :D

Edit: Server seems to crash every few hours. Sent you a part of the log via PM.

4 Mal editiert, zuletzt von UFaced ()

• Hey guys I got an improvement idea:

I started to play on the HC server recently and I noticed that in spectator mode u have sth like WH.
    Would it be difficult to implement it into ktk?
    Its a lot easier to bust wallhackers like this because you can see what they see.

If a player is hidden behind a wall he is shown as red square.
    Is he visible he is shown as green square.

http://gyazo.com/63b31d29804e062587430ab90e0b65ac
    http://gyazo.com/f5cf05f23e7994c3c8d44d67389e9e9e

• Should not be a big deal.

edit:
    I don't think it's necessary to implement that into the mod.
    3xP already uses it on the promod servers, so they can add it themselves... That's not a feature every server needs.
    But i admit that it's really nice... good job guys!

• New mod.ff uploaded :P

Help Menu seems to be totally good now :)

All settings I tested remain after a reconnect, yay :D

EDIT:
    After playing again a bit, there's a problem with Javelin: When it says you got it from the box, you actually get nothing at all.

About the weapons auto-switching, it seems to happen with weapons you bought from the box. Mostly as random assassin, when you buy another weapon, I think it switches pretty much all the time. As king it doesn't do it apparently. As first assassin, apparently it happens the first time, after you bought a weapon and climb smth (a ladder, or when you get over a wall by pressing space). After the first time it autoswitched back to another weapon, it doesn't do it again apparently. Not sure what it does as guard. I think if I remember well, the bug doesn't happen (weapons don't autoswitch).
    Not a big issue though.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von UFaced ()

• Just thought about this: Spawn protection doesn't work with poison nades.
    Which means you can simply throw a poison nade at a spawn point and get many kills easily, even if assassins don't move. It can be very annoying for assassins (example: beginning of a round on poolday).
    Would be good if spawn protection could protect against poison nades the same way it protects against any other weapon ^^

You can also use it at the beginning of a map, in the 10 seconds before the match starts, and actually get kills before the game even starts.
    So actually idk if it's only a spawn protection issue.

• Hey people. I have 2 sugestions (i am sory if someone else already sugested it, i didnt follow this thread constantly):
    First is about that whenever trusted players or members join game server instantly anounce them "welcome our trusted name from country" and basicly tell hackrs to turn of hack or leave. So i dont know if someone else had the same experiance but i get thet often. So basicly i sugest that if it is posible to turn off announcement for trusteds.
    Secent sugestion is about one command (i used that command long time ago when i was admin on cs server in my country). Lot of you probably hear about it. It goes like this .gag name time . It basicly mute player for amount of time you enter. I think it can be helpful.
    This two sugestions are just some thoughts for ktk server :)

• Hey, actually this is off-topic because it's nothing related to the mod, it's related to ManuAdminMod.
    Anyway, about the first request: PM me, we have a solution for this. Any trusted player can PM me about this.
    About the second: It's a very good idea IMO, @mirko911 would it be easy to implement this (cmd to mute a player for a certain amount of time)?

• A few people on the ktk server came up with this idea:
    A spy guard who looks like a regular guard will be picked from the start.
    That spy takes two knives to kill a guard and cannot kill the king.
    The spy only can use a knife.
    Once the king kills the spy, he goes on to be a regular assassin and when killed by the king again becomes a regular guard again.
    if you have any improvements to this idea please suggest them.
    In my opinion it is a good idea meant to spice things up in ktk.