3xp_movie | New cod4 cinematic mod

• Whats up guys,

we are proud to announce that we release our new cod4 cinematic mod today!
    It features a new curve type, multiplayer support, bot recordings, and alot more stuff which you can check out in our release Video!

Be sure to tell us your improvement ideas and bug finds!

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/…c_mod_by_3xp-clan.com.zip

Greetings,
    Viruz

• Hi.

First off, wonderful job on this mod ! This is what I needed, as the mod both makes up for LCEffects's lack of convenience, and adds a curve pattern that goes through every camera points, which CODTV lacked (CODTV only has a Bézier curve type). One can easily visualize the camera path before playing it, that's handy! I also like the extra features that CODTV doesn't have.

I've not tested it for long, but here are my remarks so far. Tell me if any of them are actually caused by me doing something wrong:

ROTATION: There is only 1 locked angle increment available for the rotation. There should be at least 2 of them, or one should be able to set the value they want.

MODIFYING POINTS: A set camera point can't be modified without deleting the points placed after it. As in CODTV, one should be able to correct any point's position.

BOTS:
    Even though you're aware of this issue, it would be awesome if you could find a way to equip any weapon to the bot.
    Only one model is currently available for the bot (Marines Spec Ops).
    Only 1 bot can be present and play the recorded path. One should be able to add multiple bots and make each one of them follow a different path. However I guess this is a minor issue, since you've implemented multiplayer support (I haven't tried it yet).

BOMB SITES: The mod uses both S&D and Sabotage's bomb positioning at the same time, as shown in the screenshots below:

Which, on a side note, leads to this :

There is also this on all maps, it seems:

CARS: The particle emission of the cars when damaged isn't normal. See below:

Lightly damaged:

Heavily damaged:

Also, when they are destroyed, their back seems to sink in the ground and they remain as shown below (the collision box remains unaffected though):

I've checked a few cars, and all of them behaved like that.

That's everything I've noticed so far. Aside from the points above, the mod seems to work fine. I'll let you know if I find any important fixing or improvement to do. I'm definitely using it for my movie about phantasy. I hope you can fix the bomb bug, it bothers me for some of my cinematics. :P

Keep it up !

N0ctis

• Hey @N0ctis,

thanks for you feedback. I want to give you some answers

MODIFYING POINTS: A set camera point can't be modified without deleting the points placed after it. As in CODTV, one should be able to correct any point's position.

Atm it's not possible to do this. But we'll implement it in the next version of the mod

Only one model is currently available for the bot (Marines Spec Ops).

We'll also want to fix this in the next version. I think there will be a button to loop through the models

UNWANTED ELEMENTS: The mod uses both S&D and Sabotage's bomb positioning at the same time, as shown in the screenshots below:

At first the idea behind this mod was to give CJ Players some nice cinematic features for CJ Videos. Atm. the mod is mainly based on our Codjumper Mod. That's the reasony why you have all bomb spots.
    The next version will also have a toggle button to loop through the bombspots for each gametype

CARS: The particle emission of the cars when damaged isn't normal. See below:

That has s.th todo with the sv_fps. Normally CoD4 wait 0.05 seconds (sv_fps = 20) for each tick. That means that it respawns the car damage effect all x * 0.05 seconds. When you set sv_fps to 1000 it will call the effect all x * 0.001 seconds, which looks strange sometimes. I haven't checked it, but I think we'll be able to update the "spawn effect" rate for the car damage in the next version

Also, when they are destroyed, their back seems to sink in the ground and they remain as shown below (the collision box remains unaffected though):

I also know about this, but haven't found the time to fix it. Exploded cars seems to work fine with sv_fps 20. I also hope that we can fix this in the next version

If you have any other ideas for improvements, feel free to write them down ;-)

Kind Regards
    Mirko

• i have been dealing with a problem past few days, i am trying to make cinematic but every time i open the demo the player is lagging this is when i connect from a different profile and then connect my self to the game ( old way ) and yes i tried going spectator mode and spectating the bot that didn't work i also tried sv_fps 20 but that makes the campath lag :/ , can someone help i was actually in the middle of an edit .

• try to record the cinematic demo with this cfg: Zippyshare.com - config_mp.cfg

If that isnt working, pls send a fraps record or so of the lagging demo

• try sv fps 100, thats what codtvmm used, maybe that works

• I saw a video recently where the editor's PC wasn't strong enough to record with nice quality. If you could save and load your project (or at least a part of it) would be awesome.
    If it already exists then forgive me.