Critism on the Application method of the CJ Team

• Here im just continuing the discussion on deleted Users leave thread.

All in all i see the problem, f.e. in prettys application, all the people who just talked once to him or so say yes. even if they dont know him at all they say yes because drizz and me said we just had good experience with him. i mean i really think pretty is a very nice guy. But i dont like that people repost others oppinions, or say yes if they just talked once to him.

Thats why we have the feature that the last word comes from the cj lead, and cj leaders need to be able to say no even if all the rest guys say yes. thats part of the role of a leader.

At a lot of guys we just asked ourself if the guy is a benefit for the team or not. And at the most applicants it was the case. yes i know "everyone can join" is true in some cases. we also know that, but it was always the same, we asked ourself "is the applicant a benefit for the team" and mostly that was the case. So we thought its bad to decline him, just for that it looks like not everyone can join.

i can image some changes in the application system, like f.e you apply, then ppl reply like they are doing now. Then the cj lead decides if the guy gets a Trial or not. if he gets it, it will pause the application process for 1 month, so the cj members have to opportunity to get the guys known and build THEIR OWN oppinion about them. After that we could start a anonymus vote for cj team members, so they can give their oppinion on the guy again. this vote will also not be the last word, it will still just be a statement from the cj members to the cj lead if they want to have this guy in the cj team or not.
    And then the 3xp leaders will say if the guy gets accepted or not.

Take note that also in this system it would be a big part of the cj members if the guy gets accepted or not. If the cj members will still not build their own oppinions, and still easily say yes it wont rly change anything.

What do you think about that?
    Do you have other ideas?

• I have no problem with the current system but I feel that in this stage of codjumper that the trial is currently too easy (allowing not so good players to join). Although I mostly agree with the idea 'if they can benefit the team, they should be in it' , some skill is obviously required. For example the mp_galaxy test is <4 minutes to pass, I think this is far too easy for 2016 CJ (the record is 1:16), but at the same time 3xP' CJ is not purely on skill, it's majority personality and how a person behaves on the server. I don't really have any suggestions but I agree that there has been a decline in skill-level to join recently, but sometimes for good reason (personality).

It's a tricky problem to fix that has some double-edged swords, good luck.

• i totally agree with what u just wrote but anonymos vote sometimes can opress some players .. but i have the idea to improve the skill test like make it harder then 4 min or make 2 skilltests not just one like u said the application will be posted for a mounth and cj lead look at

the feedback wich members let and see if they can accept him to do the 1st test if he fail he get declined if he do it this will take him to another skilltest more harder if he pass he wait the last cj lead word if they will accept him or no but if he pass both tests this dosent mean he will join

and if he don't pass tests this mean he get declined and i even agree with an anonymous for the last members who joined recently like me and many others if they could stay on the team or no even if we got accepted i don't have any prblm with this just for the good of the team .

• It wouldn't necessarily have to be an anonymous vote. What if there was a thread that only members could see, where someone would create a post after like a month of a person applying. There people would reply with their serious opinion about the person and if he should be accepted or not. Also making the test a bit harder would be great too. Instead of 4 minutes maybe like 2 and half.

• Instead of 4 minutes maybe like 2 and half.

bruh, tbh 4 min is good, under 2 mins u can do only if u will masturbate dis way so much or if u just can feel ur fly at advance level of it.

About Application method, i think, u can make a month of trial period for every newbie in our team, after a month we have to make a poll only for 3xP members with feedback about newbie.

• i like the idea of putting down the needed time in the test to 3:30 or 3 minutes. As i tested alot of you guys and i know the same from drizz, ppl suck while doing the real test infront of the cj lead, if u get 1:40 ingame ull get 3 mins when its the final try of the test while cj leader specs u :P.
    Also when we designed the test we thought about the 2 options 4min or 3min. Because we really dont just want to give hard players a chance to join the team.

But anyways if we make the test harder, the test will stay relativly unimportant, if the guy for example is activly using teamspeak and talking with us there, because in this case i mostly like to look on the persons character.

Another point which u guys maybe didnt even notice that much
    I think we are now around 55 Members in the CJ team, which is quite a big amout. So we could really make it harder to join. But im not that into increasing the skill needed for the cj team that much. Because i will always rate your character way over your skill.
    The main important 2 things for me are long time activity, not meaning that u have to be a x number of hours in a x amout of time on the server, more meaning
    the u need to beconsistent active in anykind of way,
    Example:

If you are active on ts alot u dont have to be active on server that much, if u are active in forum alot u dont have to be on server lot.
    Also if u are communitcating with the cj team members and leaders alot over steam or whatever u dont have to be on the server that much.
    If you arent on server for 2 weeks this isnt a problem, as long we know that u will come back from time to time.

In this way we will focus on building up a friendship, which lasts longer then a month and which means more then just playing on 3xp codjumper.
    We just want the people to stay in contact with us in any kind of way.

• I think there should be an anonymous vote more than anything to slim down the CJ members,

I was inactive on the server for a while although stayed active on the forums and not going to lie there was 5-10 member applications from people I haven't seen or heard of ever.. all which was accepted over the time I was inactive with only people mentioning that they're a 'Nice' person over anything else, skill doesn't come across applications anymore and the skill level overall is going down because of this.

> Yes it's hard to say 'No' or 'Kick' a certain member although...It has to be done, even if I'm one of those people wanted out.

The test at 4 minutes currently in my opinion is fairly easy, even though the CJ team isn't all about skill I honestly think anyone who's been playing CJ for a few weeks or even the 100hr requirement can complete the test under 4 minutes, as seen on peoples applications the test being completed 10/20 seconds under the needed requirement.

Jayme<3

• Or i guess it would be possible to create a new test that would be same difficult but filled with bounces with more complicated techniques.

Well, can't you just asses a player's skill based on what you see in game? I mean, if a player on the server is actively helping other players and is skilled enough to do so, then shouldn't they be allowed? Does there rly have to be a formal test? Just staring some ideas :D no hate.

• @Skorpikk @Jayme

Zitat

skill doesn't come across applications anymore and the skill level overall is going down because of this.

This is true, but from the first day on we said that the 3xP' CJ team isnt based on skill and wont force you to perform good.
    I know alot of guys which were exactly this case relativly new to cj, played 100h, applied, and is now rly active, skilled, producing maps and gives something back to the community. In very rare cases ca. 2/50 we though that we should have declined someone after he got accpeted into the team.
    There was nothing bad about it.
    Even if deleted User had alot guys which he didnt really liked to have in the team afterwards, but tbh
    this is definitly not the case for me.

The only thing are a very few intactive guys.

And to say it, we wont starting to minimize the team. noone whos not completly inactive or so will be thrown out or stuff like this.

So i dont really think the we need to increase the skill level needed for 3xp needed to join in form of a new test or so, the skill level u have right now still rly wont count that much
    (i like to say 10%skill 60%character 30% longtime activity)
    I would prefer more to increase the requirement for things like the contact to the other members, and how much effort the applicant puts into really integrating him self in the team.
    If he dont talk at all, holding no contact to nearly the members, or isnt showing interest into the team and its members enough, then he wont get in. that are things which i want to look on more.
    Not the Skill the player brings when hes applying, because i think the potential in the person is what is important for his future in the team.

• okey let me just say i like the idea for anaymos vote like the other member says some time its hard to say no for persone u like or active or that stuff

but about the skill level im gona put my self like an example ok i play cj form 4 month now and i complite all easy inter way and 3 hard way and thats why i appleid cuz i was lestening im learning fast and i ben active for 4 month evryday more then 13 hour

what i wanna say is for accepting somone in the team okey its need to be litile bit hard to get in but if we gona think only about skill level thats gona be not nice sorry if i say that but like this we gona wait 1 year for somone how gona applay after he finish 10 hard way or some. and okey they are some ppl playing just for fun on the server but i know a lot of ppl how play to get skill cuz they waiting that moment for applaying for team all i wanna say maybe cj leader need to think one more then we think about player how gona applay and i realy like that ananymos vote

thats all i can say

@Bad Boy$TN