KTK 2.09.31 Test Server - Please report any bug you find

• edit:
    Added the script (dvar controlled) so a map which was just played will not appear in the votes at the end of the maps (for how long depends on the value the dvar is set to).
    Added the text to tell the players how to vote.
    Added the feature that a random map will be picked from the vote table if no vote was cast. (Before the first in the list was taken)

Awesome thanks :thumbup:

edit 2:
    The improvement not to pick "new" players and players with low ranks as assassin, slave/dog or king is really a pain, i don't think it will find it's way into the mod.

Okay, it would have been nice but it's really not a big deal ^_^

edit 3:
    For the help menu it would be cool if you could send me a text, i'll remove htt and ctc (they won't be added to the mod so there is no point in keeping the explanation)

Cool! Could you make maybe 2 or 3 tabs at the top, so on the first page would be the gameplay info and most important info, on the second the additional useful info, and on the third the credits. It's just an example, it could be organized in another way, but I think it would be more user friendly to have several tabs.

So looking at the first tab would quickly provide the really important info, and would be enough to understand the mod, what to do and what happens, and there would be too much text so the beginner wouldn't be reluctant to read it.

But then afterwards he could look at the second tab, if he is interested in more info (for instance, the info about prestiges, unlockables etc would be there).

Putting the Credits on a last tab would be to minimize the amount of the text on the first 2 tabs.

Players would click on the tabs to see them.

__________________________________________S_____I_____G_____N_____A_____T_____U_____R_____E__________________________________________

Any problem with a 3xP' server (server down, download loop,...)? - Feel free to mention it in the shoutbox so an admin can take care of it.
    ______________________________________________________________________________

3xP' TS3 IP: ts.3xP-Clan.com | Click here to directly join it.

• Edit: Okay I'm stupid -.- I had not restarted the server after updating the mod.ff, so just ignore all of this post -.-
    One thing though, @8:39 or 8:40 pm, I was hit twice by the same throwing knife (the bug I told you about). Idk if any log could help you see what happened there ^^

Note: I enabled all hardpoints on all maps again for now, it will be easier to test what goes wrong.

I played yesterday, we were 3, and sadly there were still bugs :(

Well 3 isn't really enough, as there is no guard, just a king. So it kinda sucks to test the hardpoints.

But what is sure is this: Not one of us, as King, got the hardpoint weapon (on our server, g36c_silencer_mp).
    Also sometimes we weren't getting any hardpoint at all. Sometimes just the RC car then nothing. Sometimes rc, airstrike, mortars (I had picked them in hardpoints, though I thought for king it didn't matter and he should just get air and mortars?).

I never ever got sentry, predator, heli or ac (when I had picked them indeed), but maybe it's because I was king? Though why did I get RC then?

And the bug when the round doesn't start with 3 people happened again :( About twice in 15 or 20 rounds maybe.

About the settings, it looks like they stay. For instance if I change map or reconnect, I'll still be picked as slave and not as dog (not 100% sure I didn't have to re-enable it at some point, but I don't think so). Though for the XP, even though the button was remaining on "yes", I had to re-enable it every map or reconnect, i.e. I had to click twice on it, to make it go from yes to no then to yes again (I don't think I had to do it every round... but I actually didn't really pay attention often, as I'm used not to see XP on my sreen). But from what the other 2 people playing with me told me, it was working fine for them even after a map change, so maybe it's a problem on my side.

__________________________________________S_____I_____G_____N_____A_____T_____U_____R_____E__________________________________________

Any problem with a 3xP' server (server down, download loop,...)? - Feel free to mention it in the shoutbox so an admin can take care of it.

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von UFaced ()

• KTK test server (Showdown care package bug):

I played yesterday with K.O. and when I got a cp it hovered 30 ft above the main statue. This happened twice (as assassin and King) and the cp was not even close to being reachable.
    It is a minor bug, but I just want to put it out there in case this becomes an issue in the future.

Note: The marker was thrown about 5 ft. from the main statue and the cp was at bird height.

• KTK test server (Showdown care package bug):

I played yesterday with K.O. and when I got a cp it hovered 30 ft above the main statue. This happened twice (as assassin and King) and the cp was not even close to being reachable.
    It is a minor bug, but I just want to put it out there in case this becomes an issue in the future.

Where was the marker (red smoke) thrown at?

edit:
    Hardpoint descriptions are now visible in the box to the right.

• I just went on the server to test the hardpoints (this time with the last mod.ff :P ).
    The map was lolzor. No hardpoints were disabled.

1) First, some hardpoints were working completely fine: RC-XD, Poison nade, CP, airstrike, mortars, AC130 (actually I'm not sure about RC-XD. As king, I think sometimes I was getting it, sometimes not. To be verified).
    2) The problem is that a few hardpoints are not working at all. No one was able to get: Predator, Sentry gun, Heli. We tried as King and guard, no one ever got one of these.
    But I think Heli is automatically "disabled" on lolzor though (because there is no heli waypoints or smth). To be verified. So maybe heli works just fine.
    So that would mean only Predator and Sentry gun are a problem.
    I couldn't test MOAB (didn't even try), so idk about this one. Edit: I also don't get MOAB (as King and as guard as well apparently nYpK tested it for guard, not me).
    So it looks like it's the 3 most recent hardpoints which have a problem (I was able to get Heli when not on Lolzor so heli is working fine).
    Edit2: You just can't earn those 3 hardpoints through killstreaks, but you can get them from CP and use them though.

3) Second problem, no one ever got the automatic weapon hardpoint as King. I never had the "Press [F] to update weapon" msg, or whatever it is ^^

4) Also, shouldn't the king get only poison airstrike and mortars? Seems like in this version, we simply get what we picked in Hardpoints. Idk if it was intentional from you or if it's a bug.

5) And last bug, a weird one. I had picked Heli, predator, sentry gun, and I didn't get any but I got AC130 x) I was king I think. Dunno how the hell that happened ^^

Note: Several times, the "waiting match to begin" message (or whatever it is, I got it in French ^^ ) appeared at the beginning of a round (we were 3 to 5 people on the server), and I was afraid we would get stuck on it, but no, it went away quickly (0.5 to 1.5 seconds I'd say :D ).

- Options seem to be working totally fine now, XP was showing up when I joined the server and I didn't have to do anything :thumbup:

To finish, an improvement idea:
    Today I joined our server and I saw at least 4 or 5 people level 55 (0 prestige), and even when I was telling them to prestige, they wouldn't do it. Maybe they don't pay attention to chat, I don't know.
    So maybe when someone is level 55, every time he connects he should get a big msg on his screen, or on the MOTD screen, telling him he can prestige by going to the options. And maybe the "Enter prestige" button should glow in some nice color when you are level 55, to catch attention.
    For prestige 0 only I think. Or for all the prestiges except the last one if you prefer :P But I think once someone has prestiged once, he'll do it the following times.

It's not a big deal, but prestiges helps to make people loyal to the server, so it's nice if are aware they can prestige :D

5 Mal editiert, zuletzt von UFaced ()

• I think having a gun improvement from Desert Eagle to Gold Desert Eagle isn't much of an upgrade. Instead, maybe we can reintroduce the M9 or M1911 pistol as the starting weapon.
    It would be much better than getting the same weapon except with a different camo. :/

Idea: Perhaps we can even replace the Desert Eagle with the golden one. :D

• I think having a gun improvement from Desert Eagle to Gold Desert Eagle isn't much of an upgrade. Instead, maybe we can reintroduce the M9 or M1911 pistol as the starting weapon.
    It would be much better than getting the same weapon except with a different camo. :/

Idea: Perhaps we can even replace the Desert Eagle with the golden one. :D

This is something I can easily change in config. I know having twice the same weapon in a row is not good. I need to change that. But I don't want guards to have a "shitty" pistol to begin anymore. Assassins now get better weapons (as they spawn more often with long-range weapons), and I think the M9 pistol is just a pain for beginners, who have 0 prestige and 0 perks. It can be really hard to get a kill with it. So I'd rather have deagle first, then magnum, and then I have to find something for the 3rd stage. Maybe skorpion (if it exists in the mod, but I think it does).

@Viking I edited my previous post with some more info.

Edit: I was wondering, how come mods like RotU, RoZo can actually work? It looks to me that they have a huge amount of custom models/weapons. A lot more than what there is is KTK. Or maybe it's just an impression. Isn't there a way to bypass CoD4 models restrictions?

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von UFaced ()

• I mean you could switch the second AugH (the one with the red dot) with a g36c and it would be fine.... wouldn't it?

Code
    1. set scr_gungame_weapon13 "g36c_acog_mp"
    2. set scr_gungame_weapon14 "ak47_mp"
    3. set scr_gungame_weapon15 "g36c_reflex_mp"

The g36c_mp is actually the AugH in KTK. So when you told me in game that you got g36c in weaponbox, I think you dreamed. I like the g36c_reflex_mp because of the "sniper zoom". I could maybe replace it with something.

But anyway, when you reach this kind of "high" stage, do you still really update your weapon every kill? I usually just stick with p90 when I get it, and maybe then update to ak47, and then to LMGs. Updating weapon every kill = pointless and more chances to get killed (since updating takes some time to switch the weapons). Sticking with the weapons you like most is the best choice I think.

I tried to put some good and fun weapons in the "gungame", and the reason I put AugH twice is because with no zoom and with zoom really feel differently. And it's not a regular CoD4 weapon and it's pretty good IMO.

If you have a better suggestion you can suggest it to me (open another thread though, this is off-topic). But suggest a weapon which exists in the mod :P

Edit: Actually I think maybe the g36c with grenade launcher is in the mod. Because I don't think AugH with GL exists?
    But anyway that would mean that if I want to put the g36c in the gungame, I'd have to put it with GL. And I don't want that :P

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von UFaced ()

• If you want a video of the killcam length problem: Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (Multiplayer) - 2014-12-13 22:14 - Xfire Video
    And sometimes it's even shorter than this. Sometimes a bit longer. I don't think I'm making a mistake when I say the length vary from one killcam to another. If someone could confirm though, that'd be nice.

Btw, I edited the very first post of this thread :)

Sorry for double post but the post above is already very long :D And talking about smth completely different.

• Zitat

The g36c_mp is actually the AugH in KTK. So when you told me in game that you got g36c in weaponbox, I think you dreamed. I like the g36c_reflex_mp because of the "sniper zoom". I could maybe replace it with something.

actually getting a g36c from the box is common...
    you only get g36c with under barrel grenade launcher

• I have just played on the test server.

Twice the game didn't start ( we were 3 players) because all was allocated to guards. We waited and not untill a forth player connected the game started. We did play however just two players, then a third connected and it was still fine during the match. But when the next game started it was bugged.

We experienced the same on the next map. Precisely the same problem.

The maps were Lolzor and Rust.

• 2) The problem is that a few hardpoints are not working at all. No one was able to get: Predator, Sentry gun, Heli. We tried as King and guard, no one ever got one of these.
    3) Second problem, no one ever got the automatic weapon hardpoint as King. I never had the "Press [F] to update weapon" msg, or whatever it is
    4) Also, shouldn't the king get only poison airstrike and mortars? Seems like in this version, we simply get what we picked in Hardpoints. Idk if it was intentional from you or if it's a bug.
    5) And last bug, a weird one. I had picked Heli, predator, sentry gun, and I didn't get any but I got AC130 x) I was king I think. Dunno how the hell that happened

Note: Several times, the "waiting match to begin" message (or whatever it is, I got it in French ) appeared at the beginning of a round (we were 3 to 5 people on the server), and I was afraid we would get stuck on it, but no, it went away quickly (0.5 to 1.5 seconds I'd say ).

2. Fixed, i'm not sure why but i pasted the code in the wrong section of the if statement... meh ^^
    3./4. If the new system is used the king will get the selected hardpoints (as a guard) and not the weapon upgrade etc.
    In case you want to handle the king as before i'll add a new dvar
    5. No idea as well lol

I was wondering, how come mods like RotU, RoZo can actually work? It looks to me that they have a huge amount of custom models/weapons. A lot more than what there is is KTK. Or maybe it's just an impression. Isn't there a way to bypass CoD4 models restrictions?

Custom maps with low amount of custom models (or no custom models at all)

edit: i think the help menu is ready

• actually getting a g36c from the box is common...
    you only get g36c with under barrel grenade launcher

I think ou haven't read my whole post :D (I think you don't often read whole posts x) ). Yeah I think only g36c with GL is available is the mod. And you should have 1/61 chances to get it from the box :D

Twice the game didn't start ( we were 3 players) because all was allocated to guards. We waited and not untill a forth player connected the game started. We did play however just two players, then a third connected and it was still fine during the match. But when the next game started it was bugged.

So twice, the game "unblocked" itslef as a 4th player joined? And when did that happen? The day you wrote the post, or was it a few days before?

I can't enter ktk test it's says weapon somthing missmatch g3gl something xd dont remove weps lel xd

Well I just tried and I can enter no problem ?(

2. Fixed, i'm not sure why but i pasted the code in the wrong section of the if statement... meh ^^

:thumbsup:

3./4. If the new system is used the king will get the selected hardpoints (as a guard) and not the weapon upgrade etc.
    In case you want to handle the king as before i'll add a new dvar

Yeah I'd like this :D If king can get AC for instance, it can be kinda OP, also I really can't bear a king with no hardpoint weapon :( So plz pretty plz yes a dvar :D

edit: i think the help menu is ready

Yay! Got any screenies for me? :D

A small improvement idea:
    I think it would be good, when a hardpoint is disabled on a map, if someone who picked this disabled hardpoint gets a msg on his screen when he reached the number of kills required for the hardpoint. Basically, he gets a msg instead of the hardpoint. The msg would say, if it's the heli which is disabled for instance: "Helicopter is disabled on this map".
    The reason is, I think most people don't pay attention to the MOTD, and may get confused when they don't get their hardpoint.
    Once again, it's not a big deal :P But I know as a player I like to have a lot of information, so I guess some other players as well ^^

Also, the killcam length problem is still here. To fix it, would it be possible maybe to add a dvar to choose final killcam length separetely from regular killcam length?
    Cf:

@mirko911 I think after Help menu is implemented and king got his dvar for hardpoint weapon etc, we can put the updated mod on the main server, what do you think? :P
    If @Viking makes other improvements we can update the mod again later :P