Beiträge von Viking

Hey there,

The amount of maps working with KtK is very limited, the majority is crashing due to the xmodel limit within the engine used for cod4.
    There is only one solution to increase the amount of playable maps - removing xmodels from the mod.
    Each custom weapon uses at least 2 xmodels, which is the reason why i would like to remove a few.
    (Custom models like kennedy could also be removed, but they are only a few that's why i don't see a point in removing them)

PS. (+attachments) means that this weapon also has different xmodels for the attachments

In case you don't want to remove weapons i could replace the worldmodels (the weapon other players see when looking at you (or you see when you are in 3rd person view)).
    E.g. you have the L96A1: You will still see L96A1 (except you are in 3rd person view) but other players will see the M40A1 while looking at you.

PS:
    1) I haven't checked, were you able to remove the poison nade logging from the logs? It's really, really annoying ^^
    2) What about adding a button under the "Add server to favorites", to make possible to check the "home page" (with the motd) any time we want?
    3) Sent you 2 other bugs through PM (Might not be a good idea to state them here ^^ )

1. I have spoken with other modders about it and they don't know a solution either.
    It also appears when the helicopter is playing a smoke effect when crashing, kinda annoying i know.
    2. I like it :)
    3.1. I'll check the thing with the rccar and see how to fix it.
    3.2. I'll check if i can add a delay between the shots.

@Viking: you like fullquotes? xD

Haha no, but when quoting several people in one answer i'm simply to lazy to edit every quote :D

It's kinda rare. Happened again yesterday on our public server on 2.09.30.

As far as I know scr_killcam_time defines the time of the "regular" killcam, not the final killcam. Or at least on our server, these times are different, so if they should be the same, there's a bug
    Btw, is it possible to see the killcam when you get killed as a guard by an assassin? For now we can only see the kc as assassin killed by a guard.

1. Can you tell me which map was played and which was voted?
    Also could you check the log, maybe it's because a wrong mapname is given back from the vote.

2. the finalkillcam uses the same dvars as the normal killcam because the scripts are basically the same.
    Killcams when getting killed as a guard were disabled because they have fucked up the spawnsystem.

Another bug which just happened on .30, and has been existing for a long time: Sometimes when you throw a knife, it somehow thouches the target twice in a row very quickly, and so inflicts twice the dmg. So it happens only on king and terminator since guards die in 1 hit I guess the bug still happens in .31 since I hadn't reported it before, and it's not in the changelog for .31.

Gonna have to check that, never noticed that while playing (tbh i never had an eye on it ^^)

1. You won't get a killstreak if they are disabled in the server config. (for certain maps)
    But to be sure i'll take a look in the code.
    2. Javelin counter is always 0 because i'm giving the ammo to the player when he found a target, otherwise he can shoot without having a target.
    After 3 fired shots (no death or ammo pickup between) you can only aim but not fire the javelin.
    3. Only thing which could cause that (at least the only one i can think of) is that he died while he had no model attached, were you able to shoot him?
    4. Definitely caused by the bots
    5. Dunno, i guess the bots, but i need the logs for that.

Test the maps local on your computer please, i don't think it's a good idea to crash the server every now and then ;)

edit:
    1. I was throwing some knives now and i did never inflict damage twice.
    Do you also throw two knives when it happens (ammo reduced by two)?
    What's the damage you have set for the throwing knives?
    Maybe it hits the player a second time on its way to the ground.

2. Tripwire was fine for me, i killed the king a few times with it.

3. White players when fullbright is a bug in the engine, nothing i can do about it.
    It's because i have given the players in hardpoints (rc-xd, ac130 etc.) an invisible model to fix the head/helmet server crashes.
    Fullbright detects the texture and makes it white :/

edit 2:
    Just added the dvars to define which weapons the assassins get from the box, and the dvars to disable the hardpoints separately on each map
    Both things will come with the next mod.ff. (when depends on how much you find in the current mod ^^)

Sorry for the offtopic, but since it was discussed, I have a small question to ask you... I've come up with just now:
    But when you unfortunately lose the prestige, and after u reset prestige, lose anyway "Challenges" (those who are in "Rank & Challenges") or not depends on the prestige?
    Simply because I have almost completed all, I miss just a few that seem to be bugged*!

*: I know I'm interested about the little details ... I'm obsessive! :D I wanted to make a screenshot of this, but it would take a long time and then my game is in Italian! :/

In case you loose your rank you will not loose your challenges, setting or w.e. is saved in the mpdata.
    As long as you keep using the same profile it's only your rank which is lost (and can be recovered by an admin (correct rank and prestige level))

Just checked the scripts of the final killcam and there already are dvars to define the length:
    set scr_killcam_time 10 // length from killcam start to killcam end
    set scr_killcam_posttime 2 // time after player death that killcam continues for

@Viking btw, should the bug about server getting stuck at the end of a map with no vote appearing be fixed?

Should be fixed, i never came across this.

Nein = No | Ja = Yes Just make it fair :P

Suggestion: People want longer Killcams. I think it's fine.

@UFaced the ammount of Money you need to use the Weapon Box is 50. It's kinda bad for 3 Players ^^

The bugs with the setting should be fixed with this mod.ff, or is it still happening?
    Longer killcam is possible, maybe i'll add a dvar for it.
    The price of 50 was my fault, i forgot to give him updated list of dvars :D
    Btw thanks for the translation, of yes and no, but i'm german too.

Are these all problems of the current version on the test server?
    All tests i ran with hardpoints were fine, make sure you don't have an airstrike/helicopter chosen on a map which has no airsupport set in config ;)
    There is a message in the "message of the day" box if a map does not support them, just keep an eye on it when you connect.
    I'm currently working on the scripts to disable hardpoints separately for each map.

easter egg is 1 time fun.

Another question: I remember that mp_citystreets had a xmodel error. Idk if it was fixed or not

It's fixable yeah.
    The engine has a limitation of 1000 xmodels (map + mod + stock cod4), if the amount increases 1000 the game crashes.
    Only solution would be to remove weapons, player models and other custom skins from ktk until the map works again.
    Let's see, maybe i'm going to make a second version without custom weapons if the mod is bug free.

Fixed.

I'm not sure about the dvar to let admins decide what you assassins get from the weaponbox.
    For now i keep the system that the mod decides what an assassin gets.
    Anyways, i'm currently uploading the new mod.ff so you can test the fixes.

First of all, thanks for the report.
    I have never encountered any of the mentioned problems, the settings i have set are persisting.
    The mod is storing the settings within the mpdata, which also stores your rank and challenges, so as long as you are using the same profile you should keep your settings.

I'll run some test and see if i can find the menu/script which is buggy.
    As soon as i found anything out i'll post in here.

edit:
    Confirmed!
    Looks like the game is resetting some dvars when disconnecting or changing the map.
    In the mpdata the settings are correct, from what i can see.

edit 2:
    looks like the function setClientDvars() is to fast, i have changed it to setClientDvar().
    setClientDvar() needs a bit more performance, but this should not be noticable.
    While checking the scripts i have noticed that leaving some hardpoints (like the ac130) also sets the fovscale to 1 instead to the value set.
    I have also fixed it.