Beiträge von Viking

When did the player die?
    I have tested the following situations:
    - The Player died straight after using it, even before the countdown started,
    - The Player died during the countdown timer,
    - The Player died after the countdown before the effect starts playing,
    - The Player died after the effect, just before the nuke damages the players.

They did all work as they are supposed to.

I want to thank everyone who was spending his time with the mod in any way.
    Hosting a testserver, restarts after crashes, playing the mod, reporting bugs, testing updates over and over again, sharing ideas etc. ... all this takes time and i am really thankful you guys helped me out.
    I would have never been able to bring the mod as far as it is now if there wouldn't be people (like you) out there who are willing to share their time, knowledge and who have the will to bring the mod to it's perfection.
    A modder alone can only do the basics, the main ideas are coming from the crowed who is playing the mod.
    Without people reporting bugs we would have never come so far!
    Again a big thanks to everyone who was involved in any way!

Viking.

PS: I will stop the development of the mod at this point, except there are any big bugs left.

Well the idea behind the xpmulti dvars was to:
    1) make it easier for beginners to level up, so they can catch up more easily with higher prestige people
    2) but also to make it a bit harder to level at high prestiges, to keep some challenge and not have everyone reach very high prestiges easily
    In the end, it would take about the same time (or maybe a bit more) to reach the last prestige, but it would benefit the beginners. The hardest prestiges to get would be the ones which don't bring any new perk or anything as only 28 points are needed to have everything basically.

Yeah you got a point.
    What a bout dividing the xp by the prestige you are? xD
    e.g. a kill: (100 xp / 50 prestige) = 2xp -> the player only gains 2 xp

5) Hardpoints and nades cannot be used for the rest of the round when you turn terminator.

Fixed.

4) The carepackage bug.

Fixed within one of the last updates, just tried it to be sure ^^

3) The final killcam.

Impossible

11) A toggle out / in system for dog / assassin / king.

Possible, but would be a big effort - even more than the minplayer change to 2 :D

So basically I could also change the iwi files, for instance those of the 10 last prestiges, to replace them with the BO2 emblems?

Yip, just keep their names so the mod can find the image

When someone uses Heli, could it say on assassins' screen: "Shoot down the heli!"

Good idea, but don't you think that would result in mass spam if ppl launch helis every now and then?

edit:
    Stage bug fixed.

Adding more prestiges without deleting the players current rank and prestige is indeed possible.
    The reason why i'm not going to add more prestige is simple - again a damn limitation within the cod4 engine.

You can rotate the order of the prestige icons as you wish, all you have to do is to switch the names of the iwi files within the iwd.
    I have added them chronological because no tastes are the same and every player has a different favourite icon.

xpmulti dvars are indeed possible as well, but i don't see a point in them.
    By reaching higher ranks you automatically do level up slower, so why to add this for prestiges too?
    It would take ages to reach the final prestige and i'm pretty sure it will be abused the other way around to get more players.

The nuke appears with a chance of 1 percent in an assassins carepackage.
    I'm going to check the improvement ideas, but for now the mod won't be changed because of the release, which was planned for christmas.

edit:
    I have read the ideas in the other topic and i'm totally with you @UFaced
    With the new perks you are right, the menu is full, there is no room for new buttons.
    (It's maybe not visible ingame but the code behind has reached the max amount of itemDefs)
    The poison grenade is replacing the regular smoke grenade, so it's not possible, except we overwrite a flash grenade.
    I didn't know the stage bug yet, but since it's only happening rarely i won't add the fix to the current update.

Added an if statement to the weapon box, which disables the selection of any weapon the play has in it's inventory.
    I'm not sure if it overwrites the weapons when a player has 2 weapons or if it stores them but the player can not use them... has to be tested.
    For that limit the weapons in the box to 3 or 4, if we can get one twice it's fine.

The button is also added.

Nice! What's up with Contain the Code and Hack the Terminal?

I played a round of contain the code within an old version of ktk and to be honest it's not as much fun as i though in the beginning of the development.
    Hack the terminals is a bit like crysis that's why i like it, but i'm out of ideas at the moment and there weren't any testers yet.

Back to the zombie mod.
    I basically like the idea of the barricades, i just dislike their layout ... coloured crates are kinda strange.
    What do you think about making them quite more realistic?
    I'm currently thinking about the ones used in rotu (sandbags with planks).

Is it more like zom_db (basically a lot of different zombies with different damages and perks, humans/hunters have 100 HP and can get back HP by killing zombs, and have mines & repels), or more like afterlife/EHD zombies (only knife for zombies, 1 hit = kill, humans have to aim for the head otherwise it takes a whole clip to kill a zombie)? Or something different?

It's like afterlife/ehd.
    Zombies can only punsh (knife) and do kill with a single hit.
    Survivors have to aim for the head and have no extras except the regular perks (no mines and stuff as in zom_db).
    Only real feature is the adrenaline for the last survivor, which gives him a speed boost.

edit:
    The last changes to the scripts were back in may 2014 and there are still some points on the to do list, but if you want i continue working on it.
    Kill the king is done now (i think) so i could work on a new project.

I didn't read through the whole topic, but i already have a zombie mod.
    Nothing big, only the basics... A single zombie is chosen at the beginning and has to infect the other players to get them in his team.
    The round is over when all players are zombies.
    The player who was infected last will be the new 'only' zombie in the next round.

Hey guys, sorry for the absence but one of my HDD died (luckily not the one with the modtools lol) and i had to recover my data first.

After playing again a bit, there's a problem with Javelin: When it says you got it from the box, you actually get nothing at all.

About the weapons auto-switching, it seems to happen with weapons you bought from the box. Mostly as random assassin, when you buy another weapon, I think it switches pretty much all the time. As king it doesn't do it apparently. As first assassin, apparently it happens the first time, after you bought a weapon and climb smth (a ladder, or when you get over a wall by pressing space). After the first time it autoswitched back to another weapon, it doesn't do it again apparently. Not sure what it does as guard. I think if I remember well, the bug doesn't happen (weapons don't autoswitch).
    Not a big issue though.

Both fixed now.

Just thought about this: Spawn protection doesn't work with poison nades.

Fixed.

A few people on the ktk server came up with this idea:
    A spy guard who looks like a regular guard will be picked from the start.

I really dislike this idea, it would result in a mass panic and everyone would just should every player crossing it's way.

Create dvars so we can chose the Heli HP depending on the number of players online (maybe from 1 to 7, from 7 to 15, from 15 to 25, for 25+).

Sounds fair, i'll add it.

Is it even possible to stuck the heli?!

Yeah it came with the last update.

edit: dvar for the heli added.

Should not be a big deal.

edit:
    I don't think it's necessary to implement that into the mod.
    3xP already uses it on the promod servers, so they can add it themselves... That's not a feature every server needs.
    But i admit that it's really nice... good job guys!

Well first, KTK Help Menu, very good job Though there are a few typos and small issues (dunno if you're aware of them; you can see them here: 130184957-4.jpg and here: 130184961-4.jpg). I will list the typos later.

Fixed.

The disabled hardpoints messages seem to work perfectly Though I'd write " ... is disabled on this map" (and not " ... is disabled this map" - I think it's not correct, not 100% sure though ).

Changed ;)

So I restarted the server and tried on another map (Crash). But the exact same thing happened (first round fine, final killcam cut e few seconds too soon, and following rounds in slo-mo).

Can you post the finalkillcam settings (dvars) please.