Beiträge von Viking

Hello everybody.
    I have finished my exams, had some nice weeks chilling out and started to read your reports.
    Some of the things do sound really simple and should be fixed very fast.

I want to say that i am not going to spend a lot of time on ktk anymore, but i try to fix as much bugs as possible within the next few weeks.
    I have moved on the a new project - for details message me on xfire or steam (i also need some help with images), or wait until a playable beta is ready

Uploading files, kinda big this time because i have to upload the iwd as well.

- Fixed the weapon change to the wrong weapon after a hardpoint
    - Added a setting to decide if you want to enter the next prestige automatically or not
    - Keybindings added to controls menu
    - Rewrote the targetmarker script (should also fix the carepackage issue)
    - Fixed the revive glitch, when you get downed while reviving a player the revive will stop.
    - (Hopefully) fixed the "No xmodel loaded for item index 15, weap index 15, model 0 (knife/morphine)" crash, the weapon files had no worldmodel.
    - Rewrote the hardpoint repeat code, it was outdated and did only work with the old hardpoint system.

I haven't touched the m21 hardpoint code, on the test server it works fine too.

About the options:
    badges: if you are vip or admin you can enable a little icon on the scoreboard to show players how epic you are ;)
    vision: some event during the gameplay have visual effects you can enable/disbale through this setting. e.g. the dogs black & white view or the orange view during a nuke

The mask is actually a perk made for the mw2 , it prevents the gas effects. I just remembered it and I thought you might be interested or would be great something like that, I dont know it was just an idea.

Oh my god lol, i really thought i have added that perk.
    Okay there's no gas mask in ktk, but sadly i have reached that max amount of itemDefs within the shop, which means that i can not add any new things.

About the changing weapon: rc-xd and predator for sure. Mortars, airstrike turret and cp not. I will check ac and heli and edit. (anyway the most annoying are rc xd and predator because you respawn faster)

Fixed.

You said that the suggestion about low lvls king is too much work, but I was wondering and I want to ask about something for the lvl 55. There is any way to auto-enterprestige or show a message in the center of the screen about how to enter it and about using unlockables? In the server there are a lot of peple who stuck at 55 lvl and some times is impossible to explain them at chat because of too many people or some just dont read it.

I understand, i'll add that.
    Players can change the behaviour within the settings (i heard some players like their rank icon and don't want to change, so this sounds fair)

By the way what do you think about the suggestions about key bindings and the new crossbow?

I dislike the look of the bo2 crossbow so i'll stick with the current one.
    About the keybindings, well... it's possible, do we need them for every setting within the settings menu?
    edit: keybindings done.

I want to ask again too if no one knows anything about the being stuck at 'setting up game' when they have downloaded the mod. It happened to different people with different mod versions and different servers. There isnt any way of fixing that or any idea about why it happens?

I have no idea what's causing that, but i think it has sth to do with these 1.7a server files.

I have more bugs and older that havent been answered:

- Disappearing targets and/or crosshair at ac130 and chopper.

Happens because players are constantly respawning, changing teams etc.
    To be honest i haven't found a way yet to get the code working 100 percent.

- Some carepackages are not showing what they have inside.

An other bug i can not reproduce.
    Is there always the same item in the carepackage when there is no icon above?

- The lives not being used bug. At this moment you get lifes killing while downed, being revived and reviving. But the problem is that sometimes the life doesnt work and you spawn as assasin

Works fine for me, but i have an idea what could cause it.
    Can you compare the amount of your deaths (scoreboard) before you die and when you respawn as an assassin instead of a guard?
    Maybe there is a bug in the script and you die twice... The first death would remove your earned life, the secound will switch you to the assassins then.
    Earning lives when killing an assassin while in last stand is no bug.

- Also the reviving for glitch one. Its possible to finish reviving while death/downed (that allows you to jump to impossible locations because fall damage and do a trick with a teammate to stay both alive after reviving)

You mean when you get downed yourself (or die) during the revive is in progress it finishes and the other guy gets up again?

- There is also the weird problems with the 3 hardpoint system, about not showing some or getting/using some double.

Should be fixed.

I'll try to record or explain better this bug and the ac130 falling one if you want.

Would be great.
    It's easier to analyse what happened :)

Also some new bugs:

- the knife xmodel one rarely happens but it does on any map, I'll try to screenshot it. EDIT: I ss it ·"No xmodel loaded for item index 15, weap index 15, model 0 (knife)" I have to say that it happens when killing a king with some knife, and the number at error changes I say 12 and 10 also I guess

Which knife are we talking about?
    The normal one you have with every weapon, or the knife you have from time to time when you spawn as assassin.
    Also do you see the knife before it hits the king?

- I dont know if its server/mod or mine only bug but at the kill/deaths chat there is some Error: (I'll try to screenshot it too)

Yeah a screenshot would help.

- It's not really a bug but a question: the dvar that allows to get the harpoints again when you reach the last should be working if the only 3 HP is enabled?

Sure.

Also another question, it's possible to merge the rotations based on amount of players with the votesystem? I mean that the votes are with the maps of the rotation that is actually running (if its the lesser players one show that maps in the vote system, if its the high populated one other maps...)

Nope, i have not added a feature for that.

If you want I can stream my gameplay and try to get the ac130 bug and the hardpoints bugs and other stuff for you.

My internet connection sucks, it would lag badass, but videos and screenshots would help a lot.

Thanks for your report!

edit: I'm trying to find out which materials can be removed from the mod.csv.
    Would be nice if you could keep an eye on red lines in the console/log and missing images.

I'm currently uploading the files.

I don't know what happens with the ac130, but i can not reproduce the bug.
    For now i have changed the definition of the ac130 variable to be sure the correct player gets teleported back to the ground.

I have again changed the script for the hardpoints of the king, there will be a dvar system to exactly define when the king gains which perk/weapon/hardpoint.

[..]If you get the same hardpoint 2 times, you just use it once and both disappear.

I also can not reproduce this problem.
    I did exactly what you described, but i can not gain a hardpoint twice, it just ignores it.

Added the gas effect after teleporting ;)

As far as i know the gas mask is working for assassins as well (if you bought it in the shop)
    What do yo mean about buying in the shop? You really got me here xDDD
    Uhm, i think i didn't get you right, can you explain what you ment whith the special thing.

Fixed the turret issue.
    You can have as many turrets as you want now, they will all get destryoed.
    I also changed the code so you can only pick up one at a time.

I don't think i'll be able to upload the files this weekend.