Beiträge von Viking

Kann mir gerne mal den code anschauen, wobei ich mir ziemlich sicher bin, dass das ein ganz anderes Prinzip ist.
    Kenne den surf mod nur von videos, allerdings glaube ich, dass sich der Spieler hier nur durch das gleiten vorwärts bewegt und dadurch ein links/rechts "rutschen" durch A und D entsteht.

Das Recoil für die Waffen ist bei Cod auch fest in die Engine eingebaut, ich kann lediglich den Sprühradius ändern, was dann aussieht wie bei CS, dass die Waffe nach oben geht.
    Um das zu perfektionieren müsste ich ein eigenständiges Recoil script schreiben, was zum einen sehr aufwändig und zum anderen wahrscheinlich nicht zu 100% mit den CoD Waffen kompatibel wäre.
    (Recoil müsste komplett deaktiviert und vom Script übernommen werden)

Bots finde ich in sofern gut, dass man auch Gegner hat wenn der Server leer ist, was zu Beginn (oder auch auf Dauer, da Cod4 fast tot ist) sehr häufig sein wird.

Haven't made any big progress so far, pezbots are a pain.
    I'll send an alpha version to @UFaced, would be cool if you could host a testserver again.
    Let me know what you think and were i need to tweak/improve things.

@UFaced

Just checked the scr_intermission_time part, that's what i found in the code:
    if(getDvar("scr_intermission_time") == "" || getDvarFloat("scr_intermission_time") > 10) setDvar("scr_intermission_time", 10);
    Silly me xD

Chat works fine, make sure you do not remove the word 'SAY' in front of your message
    The chat is basically the normal chat you know from ingame, the engine sadly does not support a real chat window (like the lobby coming with cod:waw)

@Mad Mouse
    That error happens when the game fails to load all weapons from the array.
    To fix this there is an dvar the map has to be added to.

@MicroTom that is sadly not possible because it's an engine thing.

I'll try to finish the (main) menus within the next days.

Does any body have experience with pezbots? I have absolutely none but bots are defenitely needed in a cs mod. The feature you know from cs to take control of the bot you are spectating works, but there are only the stupid testbots so far.
    Would be cool if you could help me to add pezbots.

Thanks for the feedback :D

@IHDI the sniper zoom you know from cs is working fine, was a bit tricky, but i managed to do it.
    Other weapons are planned in future releases, i want to finish the basic mod first to get an impression on how many models etc (damn limitation) it will need in total.

@mirko911 they are fake :P square buttons with a round background image which is visible as soon as you highlight the button. Sadly the cod4 engine does not support round buttons.

@Ekiij Promod visiuals are planned, basically the same i have added to ktk.
    Weapons will be hipfire only, the knife will be an seperated gun.

@Viruz Recoil changes are planned (tested with the ak, it's possible, but not 100% cs like)
    As mentioned above, gunmodels are planned for future releases.

@MicroTom what's the cs strafe technic? I can't change the engine ^^

Hey guys,

as mentioned in the ktk test server topic i am working on a new mod for cod4.
    To make it short - i am porting cs go to cod4.

The mod is not in a playable state yet, there are some issues with the restart of the round, be patient.
    To give you an impression, here are some screenshots of the current progress, let me know what you think.

TESTSERVER: connect 91.121.21.210:28952

Kind regards
    Viking

Extra life should be fixed, i finally managed to reproduce it (kinda hard with bots).
    I have slightly changed the if statement and it looks like it works now.

Since there are no issues with the menus i'll send you an iwd with the scripts. (I bet it's annoying to dload new files all the time)
    Just make sure you don't put the iwd with the scripts on the fast dl

1) Fixed, i was only testing it with new (primary) weapons, never with a grenade, hardpoint or claymores before ^^

2) I can not reproduce this problem. It was reported so often, but i can not reproduce it. It would be good to know if the icon of the extra life is visible when it's not working

3) Tbh the sticky nades (and the timer change) where never added on purpose. It was all a mistake when i was working on an other mod and mixed the frag grenades .. but well the ppl like it so i haven't removed it

4) An other error i can not reproduce. The markers are attached on the players and not to the person in the heli. I have no idea what's causing this issue.

5) Fixed, thanks

6) Can't reproduce that, a set dvar in the cfg should not change on a server restart.

7) The vote time for the menu based vote can be changed with the default dvar "scr_intermission_time"

Thx @mirko911, gonna take a look into that, propably a variable which isn't defined correctly.

- The "falling ac130" bug should be fixed, i forgot to add a check if the new king is a "free" player
    - Added a hud to show the current killstreak
    - Updating the weapon on a ladder shouldn't be a problem, was working fine for me (maybe this fix wasn't included in the latest upload)
    - Carepackage is meant that way, would kinda suck if you have a trap at round beginning with only a few assassins
    - Archievements are a pain in the arse, if there are any which do not work the way they are supposed to i'll add them to the bottom of the "to do list"
    - I can't reproduce the mapvote issue, maybe it's anything within the config
    - King killstreak fixed