• When do you want to be Release your WCD Episode? 5

1. 6.11.2016 (2) 40%
    2. 13.11.2016 (1) 20%
    3. 20.11.2016 (1) 20%
    4. 27.11.2016 (1) 20%
    5. 4.12.2016 (1) 20%
    6. 11.12.2016 (1) 20%

Jojojo,

as you maybe have seen we didnt released a wcd this week. This was mainly because of planning fails.
    I dislike how we handled it in the last 3 Weeks, there the editor just knew that it will be his turn like 2-3 days before the actual release. This doesnt work like we have seen now.

So i would like Everyone who would like to do a wcd to vote for the next 6 Sundays when he would be able to release it.
    OBVIOUSLY ONLY VOTE IF YOU WANT TO EDIT A WCD

• idiots ^^ did u even read the question

• I might be able to make some back-up episodes since my montageproject might be a too big thing at the moment due to reallifestuff, and the fact that I have an idea in my mind on how I want to realise that montage I need some more editknownledge and skill for that, therefor making some ywcd episodes could help me.
    The main reason why I won't vote for an episode releasedate where I want to have my episode to be released is simply because I am bad at deadlines when it comes to getting a video done in time (without having editmistakes included). :3

FrisbeeSky

• I might be able to make some back-up episodes since my montage project might be a too big thing at the moment due to real life stuff. I need some more edit knowledge and skill for that, therefore making some ywcd episodes could help me.

Back up episodes? Also... Why do you need to do something so 'big' ?

I don't know if its only me, but it seems to me you're trying to out do everyone else.

• Back up episodes? Also... Why do you need to do something so 'big' ?

I don't know if its only me, but it seems to me you're trying to out do everyone else.

Because he doesn't want his montage to be a big fail?

[2017-07-25 17:17:37] Funk Attack: bunny called u weak for only giving 30min ban
    [2017-07-25 17:17:46] 3xP' AlterEgo: can you ss it

• Because he doesn't want his montage to be a big fail?

Who said it is going to fail?

I was simply asking why he has to do something big rather than work on regular YWCD episodes just like everyone else, 'big' montages etc. aren't always that great.

Not saying I can do better but personally, the "Trainjumping Special" wasn't all great, it was rather boring to watch.

9 minutes of slow motion and majority of which was 3rd person view.

My point is, something doesn't have to be all big and fancy for it to succeed, Funk's, Viruz's, Drizz's and others edits are all great and they're just a minute or two long - to me it seems he's doing it to better off himself.

• Wew, much quoting, much explanation:

Zitat

Back up episodes?

I assume by asking that question you don't know what it is: a back up episode is an episode without a deadline which can be used in case an editor won't make it in time to release his episode for a certain deadline, an example is episode 7 (by X-ploz) which was made a week before it was eventually released and thus saved as a back up episode, unfortunately it already had to be used a week later it was made, but I think you get the idea. It's good if they are there to keep the series as consistently active as possible.

Zitat

Also... Why do you need to do something so 'big' ?

eeh.. I assume with 'to do something so big' you mean 'making a montage' which leads to the question 'Why do you need to make a montage?' and the answer is really simple:
    because I want to make a montage.

Zitat

but it seems to me you're trying to out do everyone else.

No, nobody would make a montagevideo only to 'out do' (all the) other montages, so me neither. I see my montageproject as a challenge on different aspects, not just a simple compilation of demos edited and cutted together as you would by a let's say a walkthrough or so.

Zitat

I was simply asking why he has to do something big rather than work on regular YWCD episodes just like everyone else, 'big' montages etc. aren't always that great.

I feel like it's an old tradition in codjump that montagejumps where people have put a lot of effort into performing it should be distinguished from the 'easy montagejumps'.
    And I think that's a fair tradition to keep the amazing experience in codjump alive once you have found and performed an amazing montagejump, because that makes the amount of time someone has put into codjump to reach the ability to find and perform something like that, worth it.
    If I would include the demos which are worthful enough for my montage in YWCD then I feel like that tradition would be neglected.
    That's basically my main reason why I am against including very good montagejumps in YWCD in general anyway...
    And you know I agree with you; there are some montages which could have been a better job at keeping that tradition up, some montages aren't in that sense indeed that great.

Zitat

the "Trainjumping Special" wasn't all great, it was rather boring to watch.

9 minutes of slow motion and majority of which was 3rd person view.

You're not the only one who said that, and you know, on my part mistakes were made:
    I focussed way too much on the editeffects rather than the actual content, fortunately we all learn from mistakes.

Zitat

My point is, something doesn't have to be all big and fancy for it to succeed, Funk's, Viruz's, Drizz's and others edits are all great and they're just a minute or two long

I 100% agree with you: they made the jumps they have edited really entertaining to watch! They definitely succeeded on the entertainingpart.

Zitat

- to me it seems he's doing it to better off himself.

As I pointed out and explained earlier in this post: No.

FrisbeeSky

P.S. I feel like these posts are getting offtopic by now...

• Not saying I can do better but personally, the "Trainjumping Special" wasn't all great, it was rather boring to watch.9 minutes of slow motion and majority of which was 3rd person view

At least he tried something new...

[2017-07-25 17:17:37] Funk Attack: bunny called u weak for only giving 30min ban
    [2017-07-25 17:17:46] 3xP' AlterEgo: can you ss it

• doesnt make sens, seems like anyways noone of the editors participating. seems like we need to deal with unfrequent wcds... idc.

• doesnt make sens, seems like anyways noone of the editors participating. seems like we need to deal with unfrequent wcds... idc.

I think it's practically a better idea indeed to adjust the deadlines to the availability of videos for ywcd than attempting to adjust the availability of videos for the deadlines.
    Would be a lot more relaxing for the editors too and would probably increase the quality of futured videos.

• point of this series that it wont work if just drizz and me will do it, i said in the beginning that i wont find the time to do much eps for it, i didnt want to participate at all in the beginning, due to reallife application phase now, also mod and release of remastered.
    Now drizz also doesnt find the time to do episodes due to rl buisyness.

So its needed to be like in the first 6 Weeks, that there are alot of people who help out doing eps. But it doesnt see to be the case that still so much people like in the beginning want to do it.

• Hmm..

I understand your point Viruz and I wouldn't continue it either if it was just me and someone else.

Have you tried to ask some of the editors directly? Maybe some won't visit forum that often.

I'm sure that HawK, NoobAim, Xploz, Giraffe, Frisbee, Skorp, Bunny or even Pawz would do an episode if it is about keeping this series alive or not.

I feel like if we turn this into a series that has episodes come out every now and then, editors will be like cba cuz theres no deadline and we won't see any episodes at all.
    For example I would have never done my last ep unless there was a dealine for episodes.

And it doesn't need to be anything insane either just to remind you all. 1-2 min vid with cines and jumps. Shouldn't be hard for the people I mentioned. It's just a matter if people are really interested in keeping this alive.

I missed the days of botw when I was always looking forward to sunday for an ep and I was so happy to see the similar kinda hype come back with ywcd. Let's not end this now.

If anyone I mean anyone needs any edit help or smth msg me and I can try to give feedback or help somehow.