CoD4 download?

• Hey guys,

I just bought a new laptop and... it has no DVD player (or however it's called ^^ ). And even though I basically don't play CoD4 anymore, I'd like to have it installed on my PC. Just in case. You know. :P
    I still have my original cd-key, however I believe it's not possible to download the game in a legit way (through Steam for instance) since I bought the game long ago on a CD.
    Can anyone confirm I can't download the game in a legit way?

Also, I was wondering if I could somehow copy the files from my old PC to my new PC to install the game (though old is running Win 8.1 ans new is running Win 10, don't know if that could be an issue)?

And if that's also not possible, does anyone know a good website/torrent to download the game from?

__________________________________________S_____I_____G_____N_____A_____T_____U_____R_____E__________________________________________

Any problem with a 3xP' server (server down, download loop,...)? - Feel free to mention it in the shoutbox so an admin can take care of it.
    ______________________________________________________________________________

3xP' TS3 IP: ts.3xP-Clan.com | Click here to directly join it.

• You can basickly copy whole game from old pc and just paste it in new one and it should work... the only problem is you need to download dirextx 9 manualy cuz win 8/10 ddnt support it. So find a way to ahrd instal directx and you should be good to go.

• You can basickly copy whole game from old pc and just paste it in new one and it should work... the only problem is you need to download dirextx 9 manualy cuz win 8/10 ddnt support it. So find a way to ahrd instal directx and you should be good to go.

This doesn't work, you need to install it on the new pc.. Drag and drop only works between different drives on same computer.

Even tho you have a key, it's illegal to download a torrent with cod ithink, this is how it is in Sweden, but our laws might be different :)

• Even tho you have a key, it's illegal to download a torrent with cod ithink, this is how it is in Sweden, but our laws might be different

I am pretty sure, downloading torrents no matter what it is is illegal.

Anyway...

Easiest way would be to torrent Cod 4 and use your legit key on that copy, I know a few people who have done the same and all works perfectly fine. Just be sure that the up-loader is trusted so you don't download anything sketchy.

EDIT: In some cases, you should be able to redeem the key-code via Steam and it'll recognise Cod 4 and allow you to download/manage the game through Steam.

• Thanks everyone for the info and ideas, I'll let you know what I tried and what worked :P

__________________________________________S_____I_____G_____N_____A_____T_____U_____R_____E__________________________________________

Any problem with a 3xP' server (server down, download loop,...)? - Feel free to mention it in the shoutbox so an admin can take care of it.

• Even tho you have a key, it's illegal to download a torrent with cod ithink, this is how it is in Sweden, but our laws might be different

I guess it is illegal almost everywhere, but you know it. Arrr. I'm a pirate.

[2017-07-25 17:17:37] Funk Attack: bunny called u weak for only giving 30min ban
    [2017-07-25 17:17:46] 3xP' AlterEgo: can you ss it

• Ok so copying files from my other PC worked :) I just copy-pasted my whole folder except Mods and usermaps.

Then the game wouldn't start because of some file missing, which as Jayme said, was a DirectX 9 file. So I downloaded it from here: Download DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer from Official Microsoft Download Center)()

And the game launched fine :)

Now the only problems I have are:
    - I won't go over 60 FPS and can't find out where this limit comes from (maybe my Nvidia Geforce software but couldn't find an option for that).
    - My stats were reset... Happened to me the previous time I reinstalled the game and I fixed it but can't remember how :D If anyone has an easy fix or a good link to give me, that'd be great coz for now I'm too lazy to find a way to fix it myself :P Otherwise I'll just do it some other day.

Thanks again guys!

• Hm, copy paste didn't worked for me..

The vsync option is in geforce control panel ( not geforce experience ) under 3d settings or something , select game in the list and the option should be there.

stats reset, I don't know if it works but try make a new profile and copy your files from current profile to the new

edit.. if you still have the files somewhere before it got reset ;)

• Ok so copying files from my other PC worked I just copy-pasted my whole folder except Mods and usermaps.

I'm glad everything worked out for you :saint:<3

Now the only problems I have are:
    - I won't go over 60 FPS and can't find out where this limit comes from (maybe my Nvidia Geforce software but couldn't find an option for that)

The only fixes for this would be to double check 'Sync every frame' is disabled in Call of Duty 4 - Settings, this shouldn't be caused by GeForce as it's uncapped by default although I guess you can try reinstalling using (Clean install) on your GeForce drivers.

- My stats were reset... Happened to me the previous time I reinstalled the game and I fixed it but can't remember how If anyone has an easy fix or a good link to give me, that'd be great coz for now I'm too lazy to find a way to fix it myself Otherwise I'll just do it some other day.

I'm not certain as of what you mean by your stats were reset, although if your Multiplayer stats were reset you can simply use this tool to become Level 55 and have everything unlocked.

Easy Account 1.7.zip - Zippyshare.com - Easy Account 1.7.zip

Hope all goes well :)

• Now the only problems I have are:
    - I won't go over 60 FPS and can't find out where this limit comes from (maybe my Nvidia Geforce software but couldn't find an option for that).

Open Nvidia control panel and go to 3d settings. Look for CoD4 and make sure 'vertical sync' is disabled. That should solve the issue. Added a picture even though it's in finnish, but it might help :D

• Open Nvidia control panel and go to 3d settings. Look for CoD4 and make sure 'vertical sync' is disabled. That should solve the issue. Added a picture even though it's in finnish, but it might help :D

Here is a screenshot of @Funks method in English (If this helps in anyway)

Step - 1

Step - 2

Hope one of the two methods work for you, I've never had to change any of the 3D settings although it seems others have had to, either way good luck :D

• The vsync option is in geforce control panel ( not geforce experience ) under 3d settings or something , select game in the list and the option should be there.

Open Nvidia control panel and go to 3d settings. Look for CoD4 and make sure 'vertical sync' is disabled. That should solve the issue. Added a picture even though it's in finnish, but it might help :D

This did the trick thanks to you all :D

I'm not certain as of what you mean by your stats were
    reset, although if your Multiplayer stats were reset you can simply use
    this tool to become Level 55 and have everything unlocked.

Easy Account 1.7.zip - Zippyshare.com - Easy Account 1.7.zip

I mean when I launched CoD4 I got a message saying: "An error occurred while reading the stats data. Your stats have been reset."
    And I think it reset everything for all mods. But I haven't done much testing yet. I'll surely find a solution by googling a bit more. Or maybe HawK's solution will work.

Edit: Fixed. I just had to remove the corrupt mpdata and put my not corrupt backup file in the folder. The first time, the stats were reset because I had not yet written my CD-key in the options.

Thanks for everything :P

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von UFaced ()

• Argh, uploaded the CD of the game, and then saw you've done everything

French CD game : MEGA
    If one day it's needed

Sorry :D

And btw I changed a lot of files a few years ago (in the "main" folder I think) because PB was kicking me on some servers with message "md5 tool mismatch". Turns out some admins were enabling this option to prevent some cheaters changing some stuff in their files (to see people in other, more visible colors for instance). I had never tried to cheat or anything, but after a few months I realized it was always kicking French people. So there was some issue with the French files of the game (or more likely, with this md5 tool mismatch kick option from PB). So I downloaded non-french files of the game, and then the kicking stopped ^^
    Well I guess nowadays there mustn't be many servers which still use PB. But in case you're kicked for this reason, you'll know why :P