3xP' CJ Mod-Updates & Improvement Ideas [RANKS & SR EVENT SCRIPT]

• Sup guys,

As you may have noticed i worked the last week on some mod upates, including new features, like overall playtime based Ranks and a Speedrun event Script.

Speedrun Event Script:

With this script (atm only Soviets) can start a speedrun event on the Main server,
    it will start with a warmup period which is shown in the Bottom right of your screen.
    As long as the warmup is running, and also before people can register to participate in the upcoming event. You can easily check if you are registerd which a short look on your icon in the scoreboard,
    also there is a message in your killfeed when you toggle your registration.

The Finish needs to be set before the freezetime starts.

After the warmup Time ran out, there is a 10 second freeze time which will teleport every participator to the Sr Manager (the one who started the event) and unfreeze them when the freezetime has ran out.
    Now the event started, and you will see a timer running up on the right bottom of your screen, also the Players remaining in the run and the distance to the finish is marked in the left bottom of your screen.
    The guys how choose not to participate, can just continue playing normaly and wont be affected in any way by the running sr event.

If you disconnect/crash/timeout/joinspec you will surrender. The first guy who surrenders will get the last place, the second will get the secondlast place, and so on.
    if the timelimit of the event has been reached the remaining players will get placed before the guys who surrendered, based on how far they are in the way where the sr event takes place.
    Ofcourse the guys who finished placed before the ranouttime and the surrender players, based on their finish time.

All Scores will be written down in the center of the screen after the event has finished.

While you are in a speedrun event, you wont have accsess to:
    - UFO (will be disabled before with freezetime)
    - TP to where you look
    - .tpto / .tphere (also players who participate cant be teleported by others with .tphere)
    - .restoreposition / .rp

Also your sessions savehistory will be cleared when the event starts, so besure that you dont forget to save after event started.

Also i added a function which sets casters and streamers, for livestreaming sr events in the future.

GSM CMDS:

Everyone:

!sr p
    toggles registration for next SR event on and off. (Status visible in Scoreboard and Killfeed)

Soviets:

!sr warmup <time> <warmuptime> <wayname>

starts an SR event
    <time>: Sets the Time you have to finish
    <warmuptime>: Sets the time of the warmupperiod
    <wayname>: Sets the Wayname String which will be printed out

!sr setfinish
    sets finish on position of executer

!setcaster <name>
    Sets Main Caster of SR Event.

!setcaster2 <name>
    Sets Second Caster of SR Event.

!setcaster3 <name>
    Sets Third Caster of SR Event.

!setstreamer <name>
    Sets Streamer of SR Event.

!streamtweaks <name>
    Enables Streamtweaks which disable alot of unimportant huds, visuals
    and changes fov on 1.2

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Playtime based Ranks:

Also as you may have noticed that we have a new Rank system for normal players, with new rankicons.
    The Rank you get depends on your overall playtime on our Main Codjumper Server.

undefined playtime = Unknown Rank
    >20h = Novice Rank
    20-100h = Amateur Rank
    100h-400h = Regular Rank
    400h+ = Veteran Rank

However at the moment these ranks are just for style and not completly finished.
    Imagine connecting them with permissions like f.e Gravitygun for Veteran, or Admindeagle for Regular.
    Also i maybe will add more ranks on 750h and 1000h for the tryharders :D.

So if you have ideas regarding this 2 Features or modfeatures at all this is the place to tell them. I kind of got motivation to improve the mod in various way :D.
    This thread will be a way for me to collect your critism and your bugs reports.

Greetings,
    Viruz

• Really nice script, very nice idea to add :)

Also I like the eventual rank system where one rank get admindeagle etc.. For the ranks you should add a rank for the superdupertryhards too, I currently have 2.2k hours :P

If you're thinking of adding f.e ggun to a rank, Is it possible to make that the time only counts when you're actually playing and not only being in spec? Or maybe that the time will pause if you havent touched any key in 10min?
    I'm sure that alot of players will just farm hours in spec if they know they will get a ggun from it.

• Nice script & changes to the rank system.

Adding on from Hawks suggestions, I am hoping/guessing that it will not be possible for somebody to adjust/change the values or boost their hours in anyway to get the heighest rank?

I know on Styx you could adjust the values of connections to get Regular+ rank, I am hoping this isn't the case.

Jayme <3

• shouldnt be possible to do that jayme

and yea i guess it would be possible to add anti idle system

• So if you have ideas regarding this 2 Features or modfeatures at all this is the place to tell them

I already mentioned it to you but I'll write it down so you don't forget;

• Check if RPG has been used and note it in the leaderboard
    • Check how many RPGs have been used and note it in the leaderboard
    • Remove gravity gun from participating players
    • Add a leaderboard type feature which shows the results (even just top 3)
    • Remove 'Spectators' as it can be off-putting for participators (or allow toggle)

I suggest adding a few more rank icons too, I like the idea of guns based on level (even just for players to show off).
    On an unrelated note, the in-game admin mod menu could use some work as it does not show all players in the game sometimes and some features do not work.
    I think adding a command for any player to choose a deagle, berretta or usp (silenced) as their primary weapon would also be a nice feature. Maybe also 'remove weapon', like in admin mod?

Anyway, I'm aware this is a lot of work, these are just a few ideas which you might like.
    I really like what you've done so far, nice job Viruz (and MIrko)! It's always nice to see the server being improved!

• 2.2k hours

3/4th of it is being afk ;)
    No, but since we are members we can't see what rank we are because we have VIP.

And about the speedrun mod, maybe in the future there could be added something like checkpoints so people can't for example use elevators, but some cuts will still be available or something.
    I also heard a great idea about possible achievements to unlock if you for example win a speedrun or become 2nd, or that people will receive some extra hours for it.
    Also got another idea maybe that people can see a ranking when the speedrun is still in progress, so who is first and who is second etc.

[2017-07-25 17:17:37] Funk Attack: bunny called u weak for only giving 30min ban
    [2017-07-25 17:17:46] 3xP' AlterEgo: can you ss it

• Live ranking while the event is running is not possible without alot of checkpoints, and alot of checkpoints would need to be set. This would be possible for a system like u know it from jumpersheaven, but it will also take variability from the sr script, as u cannot do a event on f.e a montage jump, or maybe just a part of a map and not the whole way.

Maybe i will add ranks for sr event winners. But these would be only available to get in like big tournaments not in normal fun events :P

Gravitygun will get removed

I dont see the point of writing down how much rpgs has been used, but i will probably add a no rpg function which removes rpg completly for the event
    And maybe also a no haxfps function, but for this some other things would need to be done before to prevent con_maxfps hackz :P

• Various Fixes:

- SR Script now detects disconnect
    - GreenArrow in Scoreboard will disappear after the run has been finished and also show correctly if u participate even when you are soviet, vip or switching teams
    - SR Scripts now auto extends time so it can be finished
    - Fixed Warmuphud spawning multiple times
    - Added Removal of Gravity Gun in SR and giving it back afterwards
    - Ranks should now detect your playtime more consistent