Mp_Infinity | HeHeBoy im baack :D

• Yo !

(feel free to move the topic if i putted it in wrong section)

Maybe you know me, maybe not :D

For the story, i play to CJ mod since 4-5 years now ? I joined eBc Clan at my beginning, when i was a chicken at CJ ( and im still ) I turned quickly to map making and i made few maps for CJ ( Legacy, Omnigacy, Mines_of_Moria etcetc ) and many other stuff ( 3D model rigging, custom skin etcetc ). So yeah one half year ago i decided to leave CJ, the community was slowly dying at this time. I moved to CS surfing with Vartazian from CJ too and other games. Recently he told me, mp_descent_v3 was released so i checked it and i saw that's the community was still alive. I remembered i had started a map before i decided to leave and i think its time to work again on it and finish it :)

Well, enough speak. Here is some previews

I dont know when it will be finish, but those screens are only from the easy way and as i like to details my maps and not just take the easy way as just put platform filled with bounces in random place with no sense. So i take my time to make it :whistling:

See you soon
    Nicki a.k.a Lithy <3

• Nice to hear that you are mapping again :D. You prolly not gonna need it but if you need any help regarding mapping you can always ask here in forums. We have alot of mappers by now and all of them are helpfull people :)
    im looking forward to play mp_infinity.
    we also have a private server if you want your map to get tested
    by you and your friends.
    just contact me here via pm :)

other than that
    stay sexy
    ~Drizziboy

• nice, ill wait for it :D

• Yop !

A little update with what i've done this week, i worked a lot on this part and its still not fully done, spending time to make it more professional as i can, with no brush error/texture/ lightmap error and other shit from radiant :thumbsup:

In game screen, puush compressed it too much for .jpg :x

And how it looks in radiant

A view of the cylinder/terrain patch used for this part :whistling:

Btw, feel free to give me suggestion, idea ( bounce, special part for the map etcetc )

Kiss kiss

• Btw, feel free to give me suggestion, idea ( bounce, special part for the map etcetc )

All I ask is for you to have some testing done before you release the map! As Drizz said this can be done by 3xP' if you want. Also if you're having problems with lightmaps in compile (not enough memory), there is a fix, I can share if you need it.

Good luck with the map :)

• All I ask is for you to have some testing done before you release the map! As Drizz said this can be done by 3xP' if you want. Also if you're having problems with lightmaps in compile (not enough memory), there is a fix, I can share if you need it.

Good luck with the map :)

Hmm ok, but for the moment everything is ok with lightmap, i hope i wont get error x)

For testing, i've the french baguette Tayzer, he's my tester since the beginning :D

• :D, nice but get some more testers that would be nice, if you like we can also test the map in private sessions on 3xp private server.

also u should look that u got at least one high skilled tester, this will definetly balance the map more like your last ones (f.e legacy i guess the 10th jump or so, is way harder then the rest)
    tayzer a is good guy and i bet he does his job good, but there more skilled players out there, who would be maybe better for testing jumps (nooffense ofc, my tayzer boy :D).

• Someone was actually bothered to use smooth
    lightmaps for cylinders or similiar objects? 8|
    Much love Tayzer but i think multiple tester make
    a great difference in terms of quality of the map.

No errors and all is good but then again it doesnt make
    the map better compared to an enjoyable map with alot of errors.
    So i think you should also focus on the player experience,
    not only in terms of visual impressions but also playability.
    Which can only be achieved in collecting as much opinions as possible.

I have seen it too often: beautifully designed maps dont get played at all.
    The design is not entirely to blame.
    But you probably already know, using design restricts your
    ability to create enjoyable bounces considerably.
    I hope this map is different and you're able to combine both design and playability.

Regards,
    deleted User

• No im talking about playability.
    The idea that a map has to be extremely hard to be liked is an illusion.
    It has to be fun, thats all.
    How you achieve a map to be fun to almost everyone is a mystery to me too.
    While i have alot of fun on mp_bone others may find the map very boring.
    While others have fun on sunset, i could fall asleep of boringness.
    Theres very few maps which are liked by almost everybody.

I dont think that the characteristic of being super hard to complete has much of a role here.
    Its more about hitting the sweetspot of not being too easy or too hard.

And about the playability, its simple to explain.
    Using design binds you to a " x units * y units * z units " place.
    The amount of bounce types you can create here (despite their diff) is very limited.
    Often its super lame 2-3 blocked height or generally small bounces.

• Hey Nicki,

Good to see you back, still playing some of your old maps daily.
    Just well created and balanced maps!
    From the pics you are showing the maps looks amazing and well designed.
    The pic you showed about that radiant really shows how skillful you are!
    If you got the time, please add me on Steam: Dutchnoob1. Hopefully you can help me improve my skill of mapping.

Greetings Dutchnoob.

-Slaughtered Innocence-

The hideous and the humble
    Blood peppers falling snow
    As world hurtles to the tipping point
    Life chokes on ignited air
    Wrenching love from hungry mouths
    Stars fall without sound
    Some weep helpless, day through night
    Ever wondering how
    Never knowing why ...