About Mouse Scrolling/Scripts/Macros/etc.

• Heyho,

Zitat

#7 - Don't use any kind of scripts/macro to shoot faster.
    => Using binds/scripts or a mouse macro is forbidden.

Im yet again uncertain how to handle that rule. My last state had been Scrolling by the Mousewheel is allowed but Scripts and/or Macros that quicken up the Fire-Rate are not. I cant really tell why people need to make use of those kinds of things, but its up to each Persons own liking.
    Some days ago a Member/Trusted, not sure who again, said he doesnt allow both. I didnt ask why exactly but a good Reason should be that both are quite hard to distinguish, which is the main issue about that. While i have sometimes my problems telling If its a Script or Makro, i felt like not paying that much attention to that rule anymore unless its quite obvious. Some people showed me that Scrolling can become quite fast too and is really easily mistaken for Scripts.

@UFaced stated to me about that, its most likely not allowed if someone empties a Magazine of Pistols or any Single-Shooting Weapon in under half a second or in that time window.

So now im asking you Guys:
    Are Scripts/Macros allowed?
    Is Scrolling allowed?

Maybe we can call up a Poll and finally decide that and maybe change the wording of the rule so its more clear.
    I checked for old threads about that topic, I couldnt find any specific comments on that, so i made a new one. I hope I just didnt miss it ^^

• Basically, the whole issue comes from the fact that some people are able to shoot extremely fast only by clicking.

We had that one case like a year ago where a guy was banned because he was supposedly using scripts/macro to shoot. Or maybe scrolling really fast. The guy posted a ban appeal saying he was only clicking really fast. The banner wouldn't believe him, so he recorded himself, and turns out he was actually only clicking, so he was unbanned.
    I can't find the link of the video anymore sadly.

Indeed not many people are able to do that. I wouldn't believe him myself at first when he said he was just clicking. But that's still a problem, because these guys will be kicked/banned if we forbid scrolling, while they shouldn't.

That's why I decided to allow scrolling. But if anyone has a better idea on how to handle the issue, I'd gladly hear it.

Edit: Actually, we could modify the weapon files in the mod so it wouldn't be possible to shoot too fast anymore. Like deagle in promod. But I can't do that myself, or at least I won't take the time to find out how to do it even if it's surely rather easy. Maybe once the mod on the server is in its final version I'll ask someone if he can modify the files once and for all for all the pistols.

__________________________________________S_____I_____G_____N_____A_____T_____U_____R_____E__________________________________________

Any problem with a 3xP' server (server down, download loop,...)? - Feel free to mention it in the shoutbox so an admin can take care of it.
    ______________________________________________________________________________

3xP' TS3 IP: ts.3xP-Clan.com | Click here to directly join it.

• Edit: Actually, we could modify the weapon files in the mod so it wouldn't be possible to shoot too fast anymore. Like deagle in promod. But I can't do that myself, or at least I won't take the time to find out how to do it even if it's surely rather easy. Maybe once the mod on the server is in its final version I'll ask someone if he can modify the files once and for all for all the pistols.

Just came up with an Idea. The G3 is normaly an Semi-Automatic Rifle too, right?
    How about adding this kind of behaviour to the pistols too? Then no one wouldve an Advantage over others anymore. The only thing is that Assassins would get more problems in the early Rounds. In the other Hand higher Fire rates are never a gurantee if someone doesnt know how to aim.

I just had in mind adding a perk for that, making Pistols automatic after skilling it, but I dont want to bother Viking with more Feature Requests.
    Just a sudden thought, just Ignore it if it makes Guards too OP.

Edit: Typos and grammar fixes.

• Just came up with an Idea. The G3 is normaly an Semi-Automatic Rifle too, right?
    How about adding this kind of behaviour to the pistols too? Then no one wouldve an Advantage over others anymore. The only thing is that Assassins would get more problems in the early Rounds. In the other Hand higher Fire rates are never a gurantee if someone doesnt know how to aim.

Yeah IMO would be too powerful. I'd rather make pistols a bit less powerful (for people using scroll), but putting deagle as first weapon so noobies won't struggle with the bad pistol in the beginning of a round.

__________________________________________S_____I_____G_____N_____A_____T_____U_____R_____E__________________________________________

Any problem with a 3xP' server (server down, download loop,...)? - Feel free to mention it in the shoutbox so an admin can take care of it.
    ______________________________________________________________________________

3xP' TS3 IP: ts.3xP-Clan.com | Click here to directly join it.

• This is the 3rd. time I try to write this post.

For me it isn't easy to make a clear decision. But let me explain it a bit.
    After many years of playing public cod4 and matches in cod4 you're hardened and you will get an other opinion about this things.

In my personal opinion I wouldn't ban/tempban players for mouse wheel scrolling or scripts. I don't really care about such people. Most of them can't handle scrolling correctly and their recoil will kill their accuracy. I only have a problem with fast shotgun shooting because you don't need accuracy on a distance of 2 meters and with 3 bullets per shot you can ignore the recoil.

I understand that many people hate scrollfire and we've to find a good solution for everyone without modifying the weapons/the mod.
    I would say that mouse wheel scrolling is in general allowed and if a player overdoes it, he should get a kick/tempban. A guy who killed 1 person with scrollfire doesn't need a kick, but when he kills for example 75% of the players with scrollfire, etc. I would kick him