[Kill the King] Improved Settings and Information...

• Hello everyone :rolleyes: I hope to write in the correct section...

I wanted to know some information about the settings to kill the king, I am a fussy person, and I think other players of the server encountered the same problem and would like an improvement!

Now i put under spoiler a screenshot of the problems that confront the settings:

Now I would like to know if there is any way to fix this stupid, but at least for me, annoying problem...

For example:

• There are bind that any user can change at will and every time enters in the server or any change map? just press a button and the problem is solved? (the only command i know is: "Fov Scale" (also changes every single round annoyingly) but does not work because I get the error "cg_fovscale 1.125 is protected") :/
    • Maybe in the famous next update at servers you can also do something to make the settings permanent (like "hardpoints" and "unlockables") that's just my idea but It would be perfect! :D

These are only two solutions that came to my mind, I apologize if I said stupid things or impossible things but I do not know how these commands work and if what I said makes sense or not... I'm just trying to get information! ?(

I think I've said it all, if anyone has any other ideas, please write it... ^^

I apologize for the trouble, the bad English and if I was not very clear... I hope that someone let me know something. thanks!

• Right, I know how annoying this could be because I've had trouble with that in a different game, yes it's possible to save those settings clientside in a config file but that actually might be the reason it's resetting itself just now, best thing you could do is to set up a database and save user settings serverside via mysql but it requires additional plugin.

• Hey Tutto Sborrato,

Thanks for your feedback :)

Don't apologize for "the trouble", there's absolutely no trouble, constructive suggestions are always welcome. Also your English may not be the best, but it's totally comprehensible.
    And you were very clear.

This problem actually annoys me as well and I reported it to Viking (the mod maker) some time ago, but sadly I think he didn't fix it. At least it's not in his changelog of the update.

I think I'll give him the link to this thread or at least your screenshot, because I think it explains it very well, and you noticed more stuff than me (actually I almost only use the xp one ^^). Because yeah it'd be far better if the choices were "permanent".

I can't fix it myself, I have no idea how to do it as I have no experience with modding/scripting.

I hope Viking will fix it sooner or later :D

__________________________________________S_____I_____G_____N_____A_____T_____U_____R_____E__________________________________________

Any problem with a 3xP' server (server down, download loop,...)? - Feel free to mention it in the shoutbox so an admin can take care of it.
    ______________________________________________________________________________

3xP' TS3 IP: ts.3xP-Clan.com | Click here to directly join it.

• First of all, thanks for the report.
    I have never encountered any of the mentioned problems, the settings i have set are persisting.
    The mod is storing the settings within the mpdata, which also stores your rank and challenges, so as long as you are using the same profile you should keep your settings.

I'll run some test and see if i can find the menu/script which is buggy.
    As soon as i found anything out i'll post in here.

edit:
    Confirmed!
    Looks like the game is resetting some dvars when disconnecting or changing the map.
    In the mpdata the settings are correct, from what i can see.

edit 2:
    looks like the function setClientDvars() is to fast, i have changed it to setClientDvar().
    setClientDvar() needs a bit more performance, but this should not be noticable.
    While checking the scripts i have noticed that leaving some hardpoints (like the ac130) also sets the fovscale to 1 instead to the value set.
    I have also fixed it.

• Improvement ideas:

1) New perk that increases resistance to toxic gas. (would be helpful for maps like Lolzor)
    2) Due to many deaths as dog, could we perhaps increase his speed or give him some advantage?
    3) Add more perks for the higher prestige people. After prestige 28 you've bought everything. :D
    4) Smoke grenade or smoke grenade equipment perk for assassin (for added stealth). :thumbsup:
    5) Perhaps you get the 2nd stage gun once you enter the game instead of next round (only for Premature perk players). Until then you have the M9 pistol. :/

• That's off-topic but I'll answer here because I can't move the post to the other topic... Anyway:

1) I'm not a fan of this idea. You get into gas, you die, that's it :D But anyway, you can wait to see what Viking thinks about it. Though, if I remember well, he said there is no spot left for other perks in the Unlockables menu.

2) Nope. He already kills in one hit. Give him more speed or more HP and he would become overpowered IMO. Anyway, in 2.09.31, you'll be able to choose whether you want to be dog or slave. So if you don't like dog, it won't be a problem anymore.

3) Definitely against this. It's already hard for beginners to have fun sometimes, when high skilled & high prestige people are on the server. You can already have ALL perks + passive abilities + additional weapons with prestige.
    I'm totally cool with having prestiges to grind even if that doesn't bring anything more than just an icon.

4) Might be cool. Maybe less heavy than the regular smoke nade, for fps's sake. And should be "hard" to obtain, otherwise it will be a smoke fest and it will quickly become really annoying. So maybe earning it via CP, or weaponbox (or 7 killstreak).

5) That's a small bug that happens rarely, because it's only when you first join the server, and only if you join as guard and not assassin. Really not annoying to me, but yeah if @Viking wants to take the time to fix it, why not, I think it's a small bug and not something made on purpose.

Now I'll close this topic, as the issue reported in this thread is fixed in 2.09.31 already.
    If you have other stuff to say about bugs/improvements for KTK, write them here: KTK 2.09.31 Test Server - Please report any bug you find

__________________________________________S_____I_____G_____N_____A_____T_____U_____R_____E__________________________________________

Any problem with a 3xP' server (server down, download loop,...)? - Feel free to mention it in the shoutbox so an admin can take care of it.
    ______________________________________________________________________________

3xP' TS3 IP: ts.3xP-Clan.com | Click here to directly join it.