YWCD Demo Event for Ep.8 on 24th of August 15:00-18:00, Theme: Trainjumping

• Hello,

I will be editing episode 2 of the series and therefor I will organise a special demo event with the theme ‘trainjumping’.
    On the 24th of August (Wednesday) I am planning to do the event.

The event takes place between 15:00-18:00
    related to this clock:
    Current Local Time in Amsterdam, Netherlands

Watch this video to get an explanation about what a trainjumpevent is:

Everyone can join the event,

As long as you succeed in the following terms:
    1. You need Teamspeak, but you don’t need a microphone. (you just need to be able to hear/understand my instructions (which I will explain further in this topic)).
    2. You need to be obedient. (otherwise it’s going to take forever to record 1 jump)
    3. You need to have me added on Steam:
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198055289723/

For this event I would like to try to record these jumps performed by a 'train of jumpers' as long as possible (jumps which will be attempted in order of this list):

The event will take place on the private server:
    Server-IP: 91.121.21.210:1336

There will be a password set on the server which you can get if you send me a message via Steam. (@Mirko, Viruz said that shouldn't be a problem so I will hit you up about that soon when I have my internet back ;P)
    You will receive the password in the collectiontime which starts 45 minutes before the event starts which you will get when you are on teamspeak.

Again, please stand by for more information the following days, share this topic and good luck practising the jumps! :D

FrisbeeSky

• Made the topicpost shorter.
    I still have no internet at home, on Tuesday I probably will, this mean the event takes place on Wednesday.

As I saw the strawpoll I assume not many people have read the topic yet, so please share it around..

Could one of the leaders change the <date will be anounced asap> into '24th of August 15:00-18:00' please? Thanks already.

• Could one of the leaders change the <date will be anounced asap> into '24th of August 15:00-18:00' please? Thanks already.

Done, but I thought anyone could do it himself? Try Edit thread > More options. Maybe I'm wrong though.

__________________________________________S_____I_____G_____N_____A_____T_____U_____R_____E__________________________________________

Any problem with a 3xP' server (server down, download loop,...)? - Feel free to mention it in the shoutbox so an admin can take care of it.
    ______________________________________________________________________________

3xP' TS3 IP: ts.3xP-Clan.com | Click here to directly join it.

• Hey,
    this is Pawz from the 3xP' Lead, and I am here to inform you, Frisbeesky, that your episode
    of YWCD has been transferred from Episode #2 to Episode #220, due to following reasons:

1. The time it takes for your episode to be ready
    a) mp_dark first jump bhop to 2nd plat
    Expected Landing Rate: 0.4
    Expected Participators: 10

b) mp_dark last jump to secret edge
    Expected Landing rate: 0.1
    Expected participators: 5

c) mp_dark distance after wall
    Expected Landing rate: 0.7
    Expected participators: 10

d) mp_dark wall every jump
    Expected Landing rate: 0.8
    Expected participators: 11

e) mp_the_extreme first ledge
    expected landing rate: 0.1
    expected participators: 5

f) mp_the_extreme last top
    expected landing rate: 0.7
    expected participators: 10

Expected time per try + jump cooldown: 15 seconds

The math

a) ((1-0.4^10)*15)/3600 = 39.74h
    b) +((1-0.1^5)*15)/3600 = 416.67h
    c) +((1-0.7^10)*15)/3600 = 0.15h
    d) +((1-0.8^11)*15)/3600 = 0.05h
    e) +((1-0.1^5)*15)/3600 = 416.67h
    f) +((1-0.7^10)*15)/3600 = 0.15h

Result: 873.43h

If you'd do an event for 4 hours every week, then you'd need 218.36 weeks.
    Which directly translates into 218.36/52.1429 = 4.19 Years.
    So if we take this week as starting point,
    as mentioned on top your episode would be released at 28.10.2020.

Pawz

• Math is correct, however not completely solid when you would use it to estimate how long it would take to record the jumps, I won't go too much into it but with this approach you're assuming that the combination that every jumper succeeds the jump happends after every fail-success combination has happend.

To really approach a good estimation I would rather look at what makes a jumper who could perform 15/20 jumps and who understands how 'the puzzle' of strafing works still fail a 12/20 jump such as dark first plat+bunnyhop. My best guess is that lack of focus would be the most influencing factor which means that we need to create a consistent flow of attempts, I think that won't be a too big problem. ;)

• I dont understand why put a password for the server when we have a lack of participators instead of inform all the good players and gather them into the big project that YWCD could be

My2cents

eeeeh...
    1. the reason there is a password on the server is because I want to be sure everyone will be on teamspeak, they get the password once I see them on teamspeak and as said it doesn't matter if they have a microphone or not, as long as they can hear me giving instructions... (aka they just need the program, that's it)
    2. I don't know why you assume there is a lack of participants? but I've informed some people who are good for the event and I will personally talk with other jumpers on the server about it...
    3. as point 2 said; the good players are informed.