Idea for a new Mod (Zombie Epedemic Mod)

• Hey Guys,

If you have played Black Ops 1, you may have heard or even played the Zombie Epedemic Mod.
    A mod, created by the FroZen clan. Today, its been taken down because some of the creators have no time to care about this mod anymore.

I think we should try to recreate and maybe improve this mod in cod4!

About the Zombie Epedemic Mod:

It's a PvP mod with two team, the Zombies(Infected) and the survivors.
    - You may now think its the same like Ktk, in some points its quite similar, but I show you that its not and it definitely has some potential.

Each Round starts with one randomly choosed Zombie, which mission is to infect all the other survivors.
    The survivors can choose a Class, which will allow them to buy different weapons (I explain that later in this Post)

Killing a Zombie, gives you points. With points you can buy weapons, perks and barricades.

Everything can be bought over the Quick Menu!

Weapons/Classes:

As I said before, there are different classes:

• Soldier (Focused on heavy Damage)
    • Captain (Class, who can help the Team with different skills)
    • Hunter (Strong, single shot weapons are the Hunters special feature)
    • Engineer (Focused on the Defense of his Base (Reduced costs on the Barricades))
    • Battlemage (Has very special weapons, like the "Wunderwaffe DG-2" (I think we have a very big arsenal and opportunities in cod4))

Weapons:

The weapons are segmented in different groups:

• Standard weapons
    • Good weapons
    • Expert weapons
    • Class specific weapons
    • Random Weapon

Of course, the higher the group is, the more expensive it is.

Perks:

There are some several Perks, which will help you to Survive!

• Swift (Fast reload, extreme conditioning)
    • Steady aim
    • Double tap (Very expensive)
    • Armor perk (It wont protect you against the Zombies melee attacks, but it will protect you from the limbs, they are throwing!
    • Ammo refill
    • Cold Blooded (UAV Jammer, Dead silence)

Barricades:

Now to the core for surviving in this Mod:

Barricades are care packages, which you can spawn infront of you.

Also, there are some different Barricades:

• Normal Cade (Spawns horizontal) [Blue]
    • Standing Cade (Spawns vertical) [Green]
    • Strong Cade (Spawns horizontal, but with more HP) [Red]

The Barricades have different colours. ^

Now, why are there Barricades? The special modifications of the saps, will allow you to survive as long as you buy barricades.
    You place them into doors or maybe on stairs, so the zombies cant reach you and your friends. The Zombies only can knife (I will explain this later)

Here is a good example, how you should place the Barricades.

The Barricades should have physics, but you can stack them into each other.

The Maps:

In my opinion, we should not take custom Maps, because its way easier if we modify the normal ones. :thumbsup:

As you can see in the picture, there are black/grey Barricades in the middle of the door.
    These are Barricades, you cant break. They are solid.

We modify the maps with them.

- Block out ways, to get out of the map or into very powerfull/op spots.
    - Create own new Camps, where the survivors can hide.

Also, The Maps should have a dark environment, like you can see in the back of the picture.

Im not a mapper or a guy who is very good at programming, but since im doing Motion Design about 3 years i could help the People who want to help me with this mod, with Models i can create.

The Zombies:

The zombies are always Melee, and have a own shop. They get points from killing survivors and destroying Barricades.

In their shop they can buy also different things:

• Increase Max Health
    • Explosive Zombie
    • Fast Zombie
    • Limb (Works like a throwing knife, just with a diffenrent model)
    • Blackbird

Alright, thats it from me. Thank you very much for reading this.
    Now I want to hear you opinions about this Mod, Im looking forward to discuss with you guys!

If this Mod is possible to create and you guys are interested to put some work in this, it would be awesome if we can build this Project together and make it to a new highlight! :D

//Whoever finds spelling mistakes may keep them ;)

Greetings,
    Vash

"You can call me what you like, but I will be taking your cake."

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Vash ()

• Nice thread, and seems to be a fun mod.

Though, I don't think it's a good idea. The reason is simple, I think modding a whole new mod for CoD4 in 2015 is suicidal.
    It's already hard to keep good servers with great mods populated. To populate a new server with a completely new mod, this new mod would have to be beyond awesome IMO. Which would mean, putting hundreds of hours into modding/scripting/modeling etc. And we wouldn't even be sure it would get populated anyway. Look at our HC server: I think it's the best HC server there is in CoD4, and still there are many servers more populated than this one, mostly because they have been out for a longer time. Many people simply don't know it exists ^^

And for all I know, all of our modders are more or less inactive (and more more than less (if that makes sense :D )).

Actually, I love zombie mods where zombies are not bots. I was a huge fan of zom_db, and of afterlife/EHD zombies as well. So I would actually like to see such a project happen. But I think it wouldn't work out, and it would be sad to put so much work into a project and then see almost no one playing the mod :/

__________________________________________S_____I_____G_____N_____A_____T_____U_____R_____E__________________________________________

Any problem with a 3xP' server (server down, download loop,...)? - Feel free to mention it in the shoutbox so an admin can take care of it.
    ______________________________________________________________________________

3xP' TS3 IP: ts.3xP-Clan.com | Click here to directly join it.

• Thanks for your quick reply UFaced and $iwy.exe,

In some points I agree with your statement. But what if people are just waiting for something like this?
    The Ktk server is always very populated and therefore its maybe not the worst idea to build something like that.

If we can promote it right, we could have a full server all the time.
    Its just quite sad that more modders are getting inactive, they could use this Mod/Project as a new challenge to come back.

And also, it would expand the 3xP community!

I could try to learn all this modding stuff, but it would me probably take some months to learn the basics. It would be more efficient to take a experienced modder, right? :D
    Maybe you show this thread the modders of this clan and listen to their opinion.

• In some points I agree with your statement. But what if people are just waiting for something like this?

I think not many people are waiting for new stuff on CoD4 ^^ All non-bots zombies mods which used to be so popular are dead. Since several years already. I know it because I've searched for all these servers as soon as the one I was playing on was dying :P

The Ktk server is always very populated and therefore its maybe not the worst idea to build something like that.

The KTK server is maintained populated. By mod updates, map rotation updates, giving perms to trustworthy people to keep the server a good place to play, etc. It takes time to maintain a server populated. And it's even harder to populate a server which isn't already populated. So first that would be a lot of work to create the mod, and then a lot of work to populate the server, and a lot of work to keep it populated.

If we can promote it right, we could have a full server all the time.

If you invest thousands of dollars in advertising maybe :D Or if this mod only requires 10 slots to be fun to play ^^
    If it was "easy" to have full servers, our servers would always be full. They aren't. They are populated, yes, but most of the time the max slots number isn't reached.

Its just quite sad that more modders are getting inactive, they could use this Mod/Project as a new challenge to come back.

And also, it would expand the 3xP community!

I could try to learn all this modding stuff, but it would me probably take some months to learn the basics. It would be more efficient to take a experienced modder, right? :D
    Maybe you show this thread the modders of this clan and listen to their opinion.

Well you can easily find ways to get in touch with Duffman for instance, by typing 3xP' Duffman on google.
    But he hasn't worked on anything CoD4-related since quite a long time as far as I'm aware.

I'm not trying to be harsh, I'm just saying what I consider being the truth. I think it would be incredibly hard to populate a new server with a new gamemod on CoD4. Indeed, nothing is impossible. But everything requires time. And the time needed to make this project a well-working project would be huge IMO. Now if you can find people who are willing to put so much effort in this project, then it's all good. But I highly doubt you will. And I recommend you not to rush into this project if you're not sure you can possibly make it work out, otherwise you'll just lose huge amounts of time for nothing. Except if you do it for the sake of improving your skills, as $ i w y said :P

EDIT: Well, nice to see Yuri wants to give it a shot ;)

__________________________________________S_____I_____G_____N_____A_____T_____U_____R_____E__________________________________________

Any problem with a 3xP' server (server down, download loop,...)? - Feel free to mention it in the shoutbox so an admin can take care of it.

• Yeah, you are doing a great job, keeping the servers alive - thats why im playing here :D

I think the hardest part is to create the mod, if we are able to clear the first hurdle, I could try to make this a populate the server.
    I have quite a big range on youtube, which could help us to fill the server.

Even with 10-15 active players, the mod would be a hell of fun.

I try my best to make this mod going. It was the most fun mod I have ever played.
    You are right, its not easy to create something big like this and we might fail while doing it, but isnt it worth to try it?

Im glad to see @Yuri, who wants to help me. And I thank you @UFaced for your constructive criticism.

And of course, I want to improve my skills and experience! ;)

• Sure, everyone prefers what he wants. I love playing against bot zombies too, but after a time its getting really boring, because bot cant think (espacially zombie bots ;) )

Do you enjoy playing Kill the king? Then you would love this Zombie Mod, with its very unique playstyle and its neverending challenge to survive.
    - If we are able to create it in cod4

• I am surely on yes, it should be awesome to see this mod in cod4, i always wished to play on such server
    maybe 3xp should start advertising on like mpc or other big gaming forums? even in other languages forums (if you are already doing it then sorry)

• maybe 3xp should start advertising on like mpc or other big gaming forums? even in other languages forums (if you are already doing it then sorry)

I have no idea what mpc is, but anyway personally I don't know a single gaming forum where advertising is allowed :huh: Except if you mean paid ads banners or stuff like that, but then well... It's paid.

• mpc is a Polish board with over 1 milion users, advertising is for free but... ye... almost no one looks at cod4 section, unfortunately this section is almost dead, thats why i haven't done any advert there
    but i think if there is someone skilled in graphics and making adverts who can speak Polish (except "kurwa" :D ) he can try.
    or we can do something like this, someone from Poland who can speak English on high level can translate your English version of advert and copy-paste it in few places

• Sure, everyone prefers what he wants. I love playing against bot zombies too, but after a time its getting really boring, because bot cant think (espacially zombie bots ;) )

Do you enjoy playing Kill the king? Then you would love this Zombie Mod, with its very unique playstyle and its neverending challenge to survive.
    - If we are able to create it in cod4

Don't get me wrong, I have no hate towards your idea whatsoever and I think it'll be amazing indeed. And yes, I've played some ktk and I do like it :)

• as Ufaced said it needs much time to develop a new mod.
    When you want to start it then I would suggest an open source mod.
    Evveryone who has the knowledge could add and improve stuff. I think with this kind of development you would get more devs / gfx guys

I'll set-up a Git-Hub repo as soon as we have some basic system going on so everybody can contribute.

• I didn't read through the whole topic, but i already have a zombie mod.
    Nothing big, only the basics... A single zombie is chosen at the beginning and has to infect the other players to get them in his team.
    The round is over when all players are zombies.
    The player who was infected last will be the new 'only' zombie in the next round.