Beiträge von UFaced

Gratz Aurel!
    Sry I'm not much on my PC these days and I was too lazy to write a "review" on my phone... Since the besite is not made for mobiles it's too much of a pain in the *ss :P
    Anyway you were accepted anyway so gratz again!

Even tho he is 14 years old, you should mind more on player's activity and personality, not much on his age. Just sayin'.

Tell that to admins who made the rules for membership application :biggrin_1:
    I think aPo_O just wanted to point out that he doesn't meet the requirements.

Couldn't agree more.

Also, I've already mentionned that, but the tempban command needs to be fixed. Not only would trusted players be able to get rid of cheaters for some time, and not having to kick them 20 times in a row as they won't stop reconnecting, but also it has to be taken into account that the tempban feature is a required command for any server. I mean, sometimes a perm ban is way too harsh. But sometimes for the same case, a kick is way too kind.
    For instance a guy who glitches 3 times in a row, even after some warnings or kicks. I don't that would require a perm ban, but a tempban would maybe make him think a bit and change his attitude. And if after that he continues glitching, we could ban him.
    This is just an exemple, but I think that applies in a lot of cases.

All of this just to say that it would be really awesome to have that feature working :P

By order of priority :
    (In green the points left to fix)

1) Put the map voting system back. It's been quite a few days since the same map repeats over and over unless an admin is here to change it.
    #Done, thank you.

2) Leveling became really slow, and it actually became really painful to gain even 1 prestige. I think everyone dislikes this and it may make people leave. I suggest a multiplication of XP earned by 3.
    This would give about : 50xp for a kill ; 150 xp for staying near king ; 300 xp for using hardpoints ; 15 xp for assist.

#Done, ty Duff. (scr_xpmulti 3)
    It may need to be increased again but we'll need some time to see whether it's enough or not.

3) We cannot spec individual people anymore. Either put the names/GUID of admins in the config to allow them to spec (don't know how that works but Viking told me it was something like that), or somehow remove the feature and allow spectating for everyone, because we can't spot hackers anymore.

4) New weapon katana inflicts way too much damage (it kills the king in 2 hits). Would be good to reduce the damage so that it would require 3 hits to kill the king. Maybe let it be a bit more powerful than regular knife though since it's a bit harder to hit people with it.
    EDIT: scr_katana_damage 105 seemed not to change anything. Weird. Still needs to be fixed.

EDIT: Was wrong command. scr_mod_damage_katana worked.

5) Disable heli on poolday.
    #Done. Thanks Duff.

6) Add the text to tell the king he can defuse when he has a sticky nade on him, as it was before. Now even less people know about the feature and use it.
    #Done, thanks Duff.

7) Disable parachute when you come out of heli (the one you get from killstreak).
    EDIT: Apparently what you wrote didn't work Duff, parachute is still enabled :S

EDIT: Done now, thanks :P

8) Carepackage (CP) doesn't work anymore. It used to be buggy before, but now it's ALL the time (we throw it but no smoke comes out and no heli brings the CP). I know you said you haven't touched anything bound to CP, but it's really weird because it began just when you made the few changes mentionned above, so it has smth to do with it, even if I know all the changes you made aren't related to it...
    EDIT: Somehow it's working again.

Thanks !

BETA just sent me this in TS :

"Due to a huge amount of bugs, reported by club27|rocco and UFaced, i have removed the latest version (v2.09.26) from the download section!

I apologize for the circumstances and try to fix the bugs as soon as possible!
    As soon as the bugs are fixed the files will be available for download again.

Regards,
    Viking"

Well I think there are still less bugs than in 2.08, but if you want to wait till Viking makes the fixes I guess it's alright^^

#removedther thing, #removed reported a lot of lags on the server since 2.09 was installed.

Well, I'm playing right now on the old mod and we still got the exact same lags.

So the cause is not the mod but smth else.

Hi,

Just went on the Kill the King server. Mod was changed back to the old mod (2.08). Apparently only #removed has whined about it (maybe others I have not heard of ?). He said there were more bugs in 2.09 than in 2.08, which is, objectively speaking, completely false (Viking has made a LOT of bug fixes, wiyhout mentionning some awesome features added in 2.09).
    His main argument when I asked him what the bugs were was "immortality", as he said. Which, after I asked him what he meant by this, turned out to be spawnprotection, i. e. when you don't move after you spawned, you cannot be killed for some time. So I guess he hadn't noticed, but it was exactly the same in 2.08 (old mod).
    Actually he didn't state me any more bugs than this one, so I would love if he could tell me about some others in this thread.

Basically, everyone was enjoying the new mod (though people usually don't like changes, they adopted it really quickly, which shows 2.09 is better in many ways), and a lot of people are already complaning about the old mod being back.

So please, please put back 2.09. Ask Xsjado and Rub about it, those are the one who play this mod the most in 3xP, and they will tell you how big of an improvement 2.09 is.

Thanks for listenning

Have a great day everyone.

EDIT : I know the bug list I made about 2.09 (Kill the King 2.09.26) can seem pretty big, but it's because I expalin each bug in detail. Believe me, the bug list Xsjado has given to BETA about the old mod was way bigger than this.

das 2. sind die care packets: bei einer... keine ahnung, 5er abschussserie oder so, bekommt man eine rote rauch granate. schmeisst man die weg, kommt dort vom heli eine kiste runter geflogen und da ist dann irgendwas drin. eine waffe, ein luftschlag, ein AC130..........

Unfortunately, I asked Viking a while ago whether he would or not release all the mod improvements after 2.08 to the public, and he said he wouldn't. I assume that since he is now part of LineX, he wants their server to get more populated with that. Maybe he changed his mind but I doubt it.
    Btw, I don't know how this works, but wouldn't it be possible to find the code for these improvements from the files of the LineX_ktk mod you download when you go on the server ? (that would be stealing maybe...).

I agree with everything Xsjado said :)

@Visible : Force had told me !kill would put the guy in spectator. And even if it kills him and do not put him in spec, it would be nice anyway. Because I don't like kicking people straight away for a small glitch, and warning takes time, and meanwhile the guy continue glitching. So we could !kill him, then warn him so he understands he has not the right to glitch. And it would also avoid emptying the server by kicking him (somtimes they don't come back).

Hi everyone.

I just wanted to introduce the CoD4 Galactic Warfare mod to you (for those who don't know it yet).

This mod is icredibly well made, all maps are based on Star Wars and awesomly beautiful, as well as weapons, ways to reaload, the way nades and bombs from airstrikes explode, etc.

The only downside of this mod is, its size is about 450 Mo... But if I remember well, the file contains all maps, so you won't have to redownload each time maps are changing.

Poorly, all servers are almost all the time empty. I think it's partly due to the size of the mod...

However, here is an IP for whoever who wants to try out the mod : 178.63.55.12:28958

If you don't want IPs leading to other servers, I'm sorry, just remove it :) But since the server is almost always empty, I highly doubt anyone will leave the 3xP servers to go there^^(moreover Euroarena, the "community" hosting it, is dead since years. I don't even understand why the servers are still running)

You can also check this video of mine, sho#removed a bit of the mod, before downloading it :) (though it's not the best / most beautiful map, and I'm only using sniper) I just recorded it 1 hour ago :P (sound is not well synced with video, it always does that when I record with xfire :/ )
    http://fr.xfire.com/video/5d74b0/

Here is a link to download the mod :
    http://www.moddb.com/mods/star…alactic-warfare-v10-final

And who knows, if you guys find this mod as awesome as I do, 3xP may end up hosting a server with this mod :D (everyone has the right to dream, right ? :P) The way people can browse 3xP servers would help a lot to populate such a server :)

Have fun everyone =]

EDIT : My video has bad quality, there are plenty about this mod on
    youtube, here is an exemple (with bots but not important) :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jc2voKk16vk