mp_sierra RELEASE

• Hey guys!

I'm finally going to release my second map to you:

mp_sierra

This map is a map from the community to the community. Started a long time ago with Stagox working on his 1st unnamed map and Skorpiik working on his project mp_above.
    Eventually both projects froze in time and were sadly discontinued. I had the awesome fortune of knowing both of these people well and saw and really cool opportunity.
    I decided to take matters into my hands and asked if I could have the unfinished projects. Both of them were in differences phases of development at the time as Stagox's map had
    a well realized easy and inter way but hard was only getting started. On the other hand Skorpiik had started his map with the hard way in mind, but no easy or inter way.
    My original vision was to just combine the projects into one, rebalance the jumps and refine the design. That's it.

However, once I finally got the projects, what followed was a over a year of hard work. Most of the time went into testing and balancing the hard way.
    Skorpiik wanted to have a REALLY hard hard way on his map so I decided to respect that and kept it hard. Only the start of hard way was made a bit easier by me to make it feel less punishing and overall more enjoyable.

I also had to rework both the easy and inter ways as they had very few jumps to begin with and the already made design was way too hard to work on.
    Turned out it was much easier to just take the jumps and rebuild everything that Stagox had already made, with me giving it the extra "funkyness".

Later on around 6 months in to the project I decided to add some secrets that evolved into adding a TON of secrets. I admit I got a bit carried away but its too late now xd
    I added stuff like a funroom and music room (music clientside only). Me and Drizz also made a new membertest way that was originally intended not to be released at all but we decided its better to let people practice beforehand.
    CJ-lead will provide more info to the applicants of this new membertest in a later date or atleast on the point when they have to perform the test for the CJ-lead. Just know now that the mp_galaxy test way is not the test way we use anymore.

The map also has a bhop secret way thing. Not sure what to call it honestly. I created 10 bhops that start from the roof of the start building and each end on a square land plat. You get access to a secret area if you manage to land all of them!

Each main way (ez, inter, hard) has 5 collectables that if they are found will unlock a secret room upon finishing the map.

Thats it from the main features of the map I think. So far only the main ways have walkthroughs done. I may do more walkthroughs later on for the test or bhopsecret way.

For now here's the wts for the main ways:

Thanks to NoobAim and Drizzjeh for helping with the videos!

Thanks to Boat, Noob, Ultimate, Skazy and BUSH1DO for all the mapping help!

Thanks to NoobAim, Drizzjeh, Treaxer and Moug for their constant testing!

Thanks to the community for harassing me and pressuring me to finish the map!

I guess all that's left is to give you the download link...

MP_SIERRA DOWNLOAD (v1.0)

That's it then. Report any bugs or other problems to me and I'll fix them.

Funky out!

• Funk, your map really gives me the original cj feeling that older maps from before 2014 give me.
    The original feeling that alot of recent maps have failed to deliver to me personally.
    Add the superb architectural design and layout to the equation and you end up
    with a perfect map.

Thank you for releasing it.
    Credits to everyone involved.

• Funk, your map really gives me the original cj feeling that older maps from before 2014 give me.
    The original feeling that alot of recent maps have failed to deliver to me personally.
    Add the superb architectural design and layout to the equation and you end up
    with a perfect map.

Thank you for releasing it.
    Credits to everyone involved.

It's no surprise you might feel this way since Stagox started his project all the way in 2014. Some of the jumps are unchanged since then.
    Here's a preview I found of that map from 2014 for you and others interested:

Also

Even though i know my opinion doesn't matter . aybut I really enjoyed the map. good job

Bunny is right, never assume that I wouldn't want to hear feedback. I'm always looking forward to reading these comments whether its on videos or the map.

Anyways thanks a lot guys!

• It's now been a little over a week since mp_sierra's release and quite a few of bugs have surfaced.
    Most are just textures missing here and there but some are more serious.

I've been updating the map since the release to fix everything that I have found.

Here's the updated map download link:

MP_SIERRA DOWNLOAD (v1.1)

If you find more bugs, please report them to me so I'm aware of them.
    I might do another update if necessary.

Thanks again for the support and great feedback on the map! :thumbup: