mp_stalker release

• Hey guys, Finally this time has come... I can finally release mp_stalker. I am sure nobody has ever thought it'll happen.
    I've been trying to release the map for the past month, but whenever I fixed something, suddenly I faced something new error, and it was going on continuously.
    The reason why it took so long is simple.. The stupid cod4 engine limits, I can't tell you guys how many times I exceeded the limits. I always had to redo structures, reimport them as models, reduce material assets, etc.
    It still has some bugs, yes, I am aware of that.. If you guys know how to fix these blending leaves' texture stuff, I'll fix immediately and release a fix version.
    To prove you my point, at one point the map used to be 260MB, with soundtrack etc, and i successfully reduced it do 170MB... I deleted all the duplicated, unused, partly used, high resolution textures, and replaced them with a max 512x512 sized texture... so the .iwi file sizehas got quartered. The map contains 341 custom textures overall, along with about 80 custom models. It also has 8 soundtracks.

The map has 3 ways, and a huge spawn you can explore. At the spawn, you can discover some secrets, where you have to figure out codes for doors, grave-digging, exploding walls, etc.
    So, the map has the following ways:
    Easy, inter and hard.

Each of these paths has its own unique style of jumps and challenges players from each skill group.
    Watch Walkthroughs on 3xP' channel (will be listed soon), ways can be a bit confusing from time to time, I couldn't add more hintstrings, the limit of that is 32 as well.. (fml).

Hard way wt:

Inter way wt: _____WILL BE UPDATED_____
    Easy way wt: _____WILL BE UPDATED_____

The actual map was copied from a game called S.T.A.L.K.E.R. The map is called Bar/Rostok in the original game, and the COD4 CJ version is the combined version of Shadow of Chernobyl's and Lost Alpha's Bar. I've always been a big fan of the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series, and I always dreamed of a map in CJ about this game. Since noone had the willpower to make such a map, I made it come true.

I put a lot of effort into the details in order to make it look as close to the original game as possible. At the beginning I faced some sizing problems, but somehow I managed to fix it, with more or less success.. If you're a true S.T.A.L.KE.R. fan like myself, you'll notice, but it's not that eye-catcher. This map has to be one of the most detailed and definitely one of the greatest themed Codjumper maps ever created. I didn't mean this as self-promotion, I just don't think any other map looks better than this right now. Let's not mention the details I put in spawn. It sure is the hugest map in CJ, probably even in Cod4. (Just to point out once more, not self-promotion :D )

I am aware of that many people will have troubles with FPS, since it's the hugest CJ map that exists right now. FPS Drops will disappear (hopefully for everyone) after entering a way... Easy is possible to enter just with 125, Inter is possible to enter just with 250. Please don't judge the map being an utter sh** just because your PC is that bad you can't get 333 fps at all. It's 2018 guys. This map seems to be one of my last projects in CJ, it's been an honour to meet all of you guys, there might be one other project to be released, the upcoming part of the mp_restyled series. You'll find out more about this later on :)

mp_stalker itself has a few secrets you can find at spawn, I haven't hid any on a certain route to ensure that everybody has equal chance. Some fixes can be expected later on...

Download link(with playermodels): http://www113.zippyshare.com/v/619tI549/file.html
    |
    |
    |
    \/

P.S.
    Some mods might not be able to run the map due to material assets limit on server. The limit is 2048 overall. If you can't run the map, it means my map (mp_stalker) and your mod overall exceeds this limit. There would be probably 2 solutions for it (correct me if I'm wrong):
    1.) I try to delete more and more textures, that I did the past 2 weeks... I'd rather not, to be honest, I can't really reduce more, sadly :(
    ---------> For this case I and IzNoGod have made an mp_stalker version without 10 custom playermodels, reducing the overall material assets by 70+... If you can't run on your server, use this version:

For JH and such mods: Zippyshare.com - JH_mp_stalker.rar (no player models)
    2.) You could try deleting unused material assets in your main mod folder, another shitty solution imo.

Either way, whenever you'd like to join to JH servers and play mp_stalker, for example from 3xP', you'll have to redownload the whole map: 3xP' version is 173mb, JH version is like 130MB

I release it on 3xP' mod, it works correctly there, I'll try to fix the map for every mod.
    If you have any suggestions according to fixing this, pm me on my steam accounts:

// My Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198192972509 <-----I use
    // http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198016349832 <-----them both

• Congratulation on the release
    (i noticed your effort in fixing errors in the last few weeks so im glad you finally managed to compile a server playable version)

It still amazes me what can be done in cod4 mapping with enough effort

Nice map sexy boi

Agreed!

Just played hard way, althrough there are some pretty hard jumps, it was fun to play and also having this nice atmosphere! Keep mapping! :)