'Your Weekly Codjumper Dose' vs 'TIME (my montage)'

• Hello!

As most of you know there has been a democall running for my upcoming montage TIME.
    At the same time there is also a consistent democall going for each 'Your Weekly Codjumper Dose'-episode.
    Before YWCD started I thought the series would show montagejumps which are not worthful enough to be in the big montages.
    I noticed that I underestimated the standards for that when I look at what kind of jumps there are in the current ywcd episodes.
    This is going to have consequences for the standards I will apply to the demos which I have received to select wether they are going to be worthful enough to get into my montage:

Soon I will start selecting all the demos I have received.
    Therefor I will message every current participant which of their demos came through the selection.
    In that same message I will ask wether the demos which didn't make it through the selection may go to the Your Weekly Codjumper Dose series.
    When I got their permission I will send those demos to the dropboxfolder of YWCD where editors could choose demos for their episodes.

Once I have send those demos to the dropboxfolder I would highly appreciate it if the YWCD-editors would only use the demos from the dropboxfolder for the next episodes until the montage TIME has been released, for so far there are enough demos in the dropboxfolder to provide that.

Because I have to apply a higher standard than the kind of demos which I currently see in the YWCD series, I can kind of estimate that from the nearly 200 demos I have received, around 160 demos will not make it into the montage!! Wether this estimation is going to be very accurate or not is something I don't know.
    At the moment there are also a few montagejumps which I would like to have some specific people to perform, those montagejumps could be montagejumps those people have told me somewhere in the past months and which they would like to perform for the montage but it could also be montagejumps I have seen and which I would like some other people to perform.
    Nevertheless, those montagejumps are really hard to perform and take a lot of time and motivation.
    This means I will move the deadline for sending in the demos for the montage, in the democall topic of my montage you will find another post about that:

DEMOCALL For FrisbeeSky's First Codjumping Montage

I hope this clarified some information around my montage TIME.

FrisbeeSky

P.S. for the record, this indeed means that the standards of the jumps in the montage will be quite high, and yes, this also means that the montage will sort of get delayed due to the fact that the democall process has been slowed down.

• Why are you setting such a high standard for yourself, I don't mind if there are some jumps that are less hard than others in a montage.
    But then again it's your montage and your opinion.

[2017-07-25 17:17:37] Funk Attack: bunny called u weak for only giving 30min ban
    [2017-07-25 17:17:46] 3xP' AlterEgo: can you ss it

• Why are you setting such a high standard for yourself, I don't mind if there are some jumps that are less hard than others in a montage.

I'm glad you asked that question, here is what I have to say about that:
    In the current ywcd episodes I have seen some demos performed by people who have also sent those same demos to me for the montage.
    This is something which kind of astonished me because I thought I was clear that I will only include new montagejumps into the montage, which is also one of the main reasons I made that 'All cod4 montagejumps of custom maps' spreadsheet which I can use to figure out which jumps are new and which are old.
    Once a montagejump has been in a montageworthful video (or series) I consider that as an old montagejump, so sending a demo to ywcd makes the jump old and thus it automatically won't get included into my montage.
    Beside that I am not afraid to say that it kind of is also a bit disrespectful when you send a demo to multiple editors without letting them know.
    Anyway, I figured that the reason those people also sent those demos to ywcd is because they would like to be as soon as possible in a video, regardless it being in one of the many episodes of ywcd or it being in a big montage.
    So to reduce the problem that I continuously see demos in ywcd which have also been sent to me for the montage I gonna have to higher the standards of the demos so I will only receive demos from people who truely want their demos to be in a big montage, rather than it being in one of the many episodes of ywcd.

Maybe a bit long answer, but I felt like your question was a perfect oppertunity for me to point this out.

FrisbeeSky

I kinda agree to Frisbee, if you check any other montage it only contains hard bounces which never had been done before. I totally understand Frisbee when many hard bounces that hasn't been done are being used in for example ywcd.

The ywcd was also said to not have a special skill level but everyone can see what type of bounces have been use so far, and it's only jumps performed by good players, mostly members from 3xp.

Note that I totally respect that it's the editors choice to chose the demos to use in their edit but I was actually hoping to see less good jumpers being featured in some episodes

To end with, if I made a hard bounce that never had been done before I would rather like to be featured with my jump in a montage than in for example ywcd.

Please don't get me wrong in this, I definitely don't mean anything bad to someone, what I mean is that a montage is being released once in a year and it would be really sad to abort such a project cuz of not having enough bounces for it.

• I get the point, I guess People send it to multiple Editors Just because they want their jump to be out there as quick as possible, which is a shame for the Big montages :/

[2017-07-25 17:17:37] Funk Attack: bunny called u weak for only giving 30min ban
    [2017-07-25 17:17:46] 3xP' AlterEgo: can you ss it

• Zitat

I thought the idea of YWCjD was to allow editors to showcase their editing skills, and to save insane demos for montages.

No, YWCD is not a semi important project which just takes bad demos, and this never was the idea behind it, not at all. We also take not that insane demos, as wcd have around 20 demos a month, but ofc here and there there will be an insane demo, would be boring if it would be limited. We are taking more demos which are not that insane, but there is no upper limit like how bad the jumps need to be to get in.

As an editor of wcd i try to take the best looking and hardest jumps i can get. And i think the others do it the same way. Also i wont change that, just because there is one montage announced, where not even the demos are selected todate. No offense its completly okay to take your time dont matter how long it takes, but ofc the longer it takes the older the jumps get. Atm there are 200 demos and thats it, nothing recorded no demos chosen. Why should we decrease standarts of a project like wcd just because in 1 year there will be 1 Montage.

All in all this is also not possible or good to control, it is how it is.
    The Demo recorder decides who he will send the demo
    The Editor decides which demo will make it into the video

Fris i bet when u have told everyone which demo will get in (even this will probably take at least 1 month right :P?) then these demos wont get used by the people otherwise
    But as long as this is not the case, its obvious that they dont want to wait years (and yes i think it gonna take over a year all in all to get that montage out) to see their demos.
    Especially if u say that only 40 of 160 send in demos will get in.

• I think the problem here is simply just those people who sent a demo to ywcd that they have already sent to fris' montage. Big montages obviously take a long time to make, so these people should be patient, or at least inform Fris that they're sending their demo somewhere else. I understand that people might be worried that their epic demo will be done by someone else in a different montage, but that's a part of the experience.

• Viruz:

Zitat

but ofc here and there there will be an insane demo

YWCD was promised to not harm the big montages... check Axle's post in the discussiontopic where nobody spoke against him on that, mainly because that's just an obvious statement, if you really don't want to harm the big montages by still including insane jumps that 'here and there' should be limited to I think 5 insane jumps per year which means 5 insane demos per 52 episodes, ofcourse you can discuss at what an 'insane' jump means but let's say an 'insane jump' is a jump which took 45+ minutes to perform, looking at the current YWCD episodes there is at least 2 which I dare to point as 'an insane jump'... Sure, it's not 5 yet but since editors try to higher up their episodes each time I think those 5 demos are getting hit up very soon...

Zitat

(even this will probably take at least 1 month right :P?)

I hope I will have that done within 2 weeks from now.

Zitat

But as long as this is not the case, its obvious that they dont want to wait years (and yes i think it gonna take over a year all in all to get that montage out) to see their demos.
    Especially if u say that only 40 of 160 send in demos will get in.

Oh hell nah that ain't gonna take a year, somewhere in the next months I really hope I have that montageproject finished.
    And saying 'esspecially if u say that only 40 of 160 emos will get in' is something which ain't my fault; I hope it's obvious that I have to put higher standards for my montage than the demos which are getting send to ywcd... but when the editors are having the same pov as you have in terms of 'As an editor of wcd i try to take the best looking and hardest jumps i can get.' then obviously it's gonna take longer before the montage is out...

As mentioned in the main post here in this topic I would appreciate it if you guys would use the demos from the dropboxfolder, because those are the demos which I for sure won't use in the montage, and as long as the editors would respect that, the montage will be out earlier and not about a year..

Anyway.. I hope it's clear that insane jumps in small videos will be less appreciated than when they would appear in a big montage, I mean, for the respect of effort of those jumps I would rather see them in a big montage than a small video.

I think my point is clear:
    Don't put an insane jump, which gives a codjumperdose of a month, in a video meant for a one week codjumperdose...
    That's like having an incredible historical object somewhere in the attic instead of a museum: just a disgrace for the art of codjump.
    (<--- couldn't find lighter words to describe :p)

FrisbeeSky

• U know that i kind of also have the oppinion that it mostly should be like this, if u watched the demos which i send you and my wcd u probably noticed that i also send you the better demos and take the not that good demos for wcd.

The point which i totally disaggree with is that a insane jump should never be in a video like wcd, the only diffrence between wcd and big montages is the hype around it, u could also argumentate that u wont remember single good jumps because you forget them in the spam of good jumps in montages which are mostly around 8 minutes or longer. Also i dont think that this will reduce quality of a big montage if there are some jumps taken by some wcd editors.
    Even if it would its completly against my work philosophy to decrease quality of one product to make another one look better.

These days your montage and wcd is basicly the only content which features new jumps, back in the days we had like 3 montages + botw a year, and also there we had enough demos.
    I think the "we dont have enough jumps" discussion is senseless because we have enough jumps, especially when there are only this few productions going on.

Zitat

Oh hell nah that ain't gonna take a year

I mean from annoucing to release, so already half a year gone. And it should take another half year if u try to do the best which u can what you will probably. F.e very good csgo edits can take up to 3 Month for a very skilled editor. they are more work per second but also alot shorter.

Zitat

problem here is simply just those people who sent a demo to ywcd that they have already sent to fris' montage

can understand that, but i still think its the performers decision. would be nice to say it to you tho, but also this is up to the performer in my oppinion

Zitat

5 insane jumps per year

There wont ever be any limits on what kind of jumps can get into wcd, it will stay editors and performers choice.

• For sure, editors for YWCjD should definitely use the best/most creative demos they are sent.
    But personally, if I was planning to have some demos in an upcoming montage, I would send some decent clips for these episodes and save the best ones for a montage.
    (Except for 1-2 clip edits that take 6 months to make using insane bounces.. *cough Show-off.. cough* :D )

Obviously everyone is different, but this makes sense to me anyway.

Also, I have a feeling there are more than just TIME and YWCjD in the works.. :thumbup: