CodJumper suggestion

• Hi today i need to ask you something :
    I'm sad because in codjumper its always the same OVERPLAYED map : blue2 / palmv1/v2 / darkv2 / race / descent v2/v3 / galaxy + some half OVERPLAYED map : mysticv2/v3 / shade / mushroom + some other but i dont remember

Whats about other map ? There are more than 100 map in codjumper but the server stuck in this list of map

Some CJ team member said me : you can play other map in devmap : thats true but they can play these overplayed map in devmap too

Thats why i made this request :
    You can do 2 different thing to change it :
    -Remove a map from the server for a week if its played more than 3h in a day
    -Force a maplist : play each map for 1 hour (enough to complete it and enough to skip it if you dont like it) and go to nextmap without : extend / vote map

You have an amazing collection of map if the server stuck in 10 maps this will destroy the server

Please save the server and do something about map rotation ;(

Note : there are the same problem in deathrun (framey/bricky/spaceball...) and KTK (nuketown/lolzor/crash/shipment...) but its another problem... (the end vote is the real problem of all 3xP server)

Note 2 : i play in 3xP' servers since 5/6 years and the problem was always here in deathrun... and now see : Deathrun / KTK / Nuketown / Rotu are always empty because player are just bored about these mod because its always the same tech in a map

• I like your idea, although you are being way too extreme on this lol.
    We all know how annoying it can be, but to simply 'ban' a map for a week that can't be any good.
    We mostly play those map because of the people that are still trying to learn how to jump, like those maps, and we try to help them as much as we can.

What we could do is ask @Viruz for a new rotation where the other maps come first

[2017-07-25 17:17:37] Funk Attack: bunny called u weak for only giving 30min ban
    [2017-07-25 17:17:46] 3xP' AlterEgo: can you ss it

• I was about to write another long post where I share my point of view on this situation, but noticed that the questions we gotta ask ourselves first are:

Are the following questions correctly asked? :
    Why do we prefer playing overplayed maps on a server more than playing it on devmap?
    Why do we mind playing a not-overplayed map, less when playing it on devmap, but more when we would play it on a server?
    How can we balance/solve the problem with the help of the answers of the previous 2 questions?

Edit: I feel like this post isn't gonna help at all but maybe I'm wrong xD
    It's mainly meant to let you think about the problem in a specific way which could make your opinion more logical.. or maybe not, idk xd

• Indeed with Bunny, best to do is to ask Viruz for new maprotation ( there's already a separate thread for this )

I'm also quite sure that if 3-4 players are playing on server and want a map that's not in rotation an admin are allowed to change. @Viruz can you confirm whether this is allowed or not?

You can find the maps by execute !map list

• Yes it can be a bit annoying when the same maps are on, when you don't like one of the maps especially. But that's just the way it is, the community enjoys playing those maps and banning those maps for a week is too extreme in my opinion. I often see people complaining about a map being on the server for 5+ hours. When the map is popular people will want to play them. People will log out and more people will log on. And to be fair 3xP' isn't the only cj server, if you don't wanna play a map that is on 3xP' you can always just join another cj server.

• Freeze this topic till modrelease :P we will have a complete diffrent rotation system compared to now when it gets released, dont want to talk 2 much about it, but u will see :P

• Personally, I don't think there is any solution to solve this whole rotation system. Besides,
    I'd like to get rid off of overplayed maps as well, but I believe that it's not possible by any chance.

There are (and always will be) certain maps that are more played rather than other 'non-played' ones.
    There must be always a reason of a map for not being played.
    For example: a map with only 1way, PotatoPC users have got no FPS, or the map is just simply forgotten.
    If you forced the players to play an unwanted map for an hour or longer without being able to start any vote, first, they would complain about the whole system, afterwards they would leave the server instantly. That wouldn't solve anything in my opinion, It would make the situation even worse.
    But it's all about the individuals' personal preference. Someone likes a certain map, someone doesn't.

Take an example of me. I'm bored on almost all map, since I've played through all multiple times.
    Even though I don't enjoy a map anymore, I don't change the map whenever I want to (I'd be able, but I still don't do it).
    If CodJumper is 7years old, and there is still no solution for the rotation system, I don't think there will be any time soon. You can't make a map-rotation that everyone likes.

Just my personal experience and opinion.

(Sorry for the long post)

• Freeze this topic till modrelease we will have a complete diffrent rotation system compared to now when it gets released, dont want to talk 2 much about it, but u will see

'm bored on almost all map

try mike jump2 :D.

I'd like to get rid off of overplayed maps as well, but I believe that it's not possible by any chance.

There maybe are some chances to change this by introducing weighted votes. A vote for a very popular map would count 0.5 for example. With this kind of system a popular map needs much more votes then a normal/less played map with a few votes.

Unfortunately this system can't force players to play this maps :-(