Information about mp_dark_final

• Some update, I guess. Kie is still nowhere to be found.

Ye, well I can't do anything about it. Kie is nowhere to be found and the only way I'd be able to contact him, would be yt message (other than steam, where he's not active at all), but he checks that every few months or smth, so I have no idea what to do. The map is not done, there is an imposs bounce in the map atm and most bounces need refinement etc.

Hey people, many of you have been asking me and kie when dark_final is going to get released, so I thought I'm going to make a note regarding the state of the map and so on.

Let me start of by saying, the map is not done. There's a few bounces still need to be added in hard way and there's the possibility of existing bounces being changed/worked around.
    The way the hard way is/was getting produced is by Kie making the bounces and me testing every single bounce and telling kie what needs to be changed and how.

So in order for the map to be finalised, both me and Kie needs to have massive free time and motivation and work together, but thing is, we both are kind of busy.
    On my side, I have demod/recorded/edited majority of the bounces in the map, but there are a few I still need to do. To be honest, I haven't really demod anything or worked on
    the walkthrough since 3 weeks or so, simply because university has started for me and whenever I wasn't studying, I just couldn't get myself to try those really hard remaining bounces.
    The map should've been done by end of summer, but we all have been a bit lazy as a group (me, kie and ridgepig (Ridge was helping developing the dark-remake way and he's making wt as well)).

So what does this all mean? It means that the map still needs to be worked in some ways by all 3 of us, but we all 3 have limited amount of free time, so the map is not going to get released
    today or tomorrow or this week etc.. It will definitely be released this year somewhen, but I'd like to ask all of you to be patient. The map is not going to get released till all 3 of us are
    done with our part in it, meaning the map + my wt + ridge's wt will be released at the same time, when all 3 are ready, but currently neither of them are. Also please stop asking me and kie
    for early access to the map, no one is getting the map on an early note. Me and Ridge helped develop the map by a bunch and we have exclusivity for the walkthroughs.

We do not need any more testers either and we can not give walkthrough exclusivity either for other ways for anyone, we all just need you guys to be patient and wait for us. I'm really sorry for all of the delays.
    I can say that, soon I'll try to speed up the process on my side, and I believe I can say that for Kie and Ridge as well. I personally think we'll be done by november, but we'll see.

Thank you for reading this and your patience,

fre4kZ

• "It will definitely be released this year somewhen"
    I guess not :rolleyes:

"Me and Ridge helped develop the map by a bunch and we have exclusivity for the walkthroughs"
    WTF, it's not like you guys will have a reward if you do the walkthrough first

Ye, well I can't do anything about it. Kie is nowhere to be found and the only way I'd be able to contact him, would be yt message (other than steam, where he's not active at all), but he checks that every few months or smth, so I have no idea what to do. The map is not done, there is an imposs bounce in the map atm and most bounces need refinement etc.

And for the 2nd part of your message, it absolutely makes no sense. Obviously there is no "reward" for being the first, we never said there was. It's about being the original source of content creation. I am not interested in making walkthroughs about maps, which already have at least semi-decent walkthroughs, for multiple reasons. In 90% of the cases, any additional walkthrough is just pointless in the first place and doesn't offer anything extra, other than your desires of having a walkthrough for yourself of the map, to "show off" basically. The exlcusivity also matters a lot in this case. In a sense we are co-creators of the map with Ridge as well, and we both planned to do videos about the ways we worked with, and it just wouldn't be fair for us, if some1 random made walkthrough first about the map, just because we were both extremely busy with university and couldn't fit it in our schedule. But that doesn't really matter, since the map is not even done, because we can't get hold of Kie.

• i also would like do do the wt for my map by myself on release, and i also would dislike if someone else would do it before.

A good map release always have a preview, and on release Walkthroughs of all ways :D

• I just meant that it'd be kinda stupid not to release the map just because you want to make a walkthrough of it, but since it's not done at all and bounces need refinements, I guess it makes sense.
    It looks like the map will most likely never be released, but we'll see.

• I just meant that it'd be kinda stupid not to release the map just because you want to make a walkthrough of it, but since it's not done at all and bounces need refinements, I guess it makes sense.
    It looks like the map will most likely never be released, but we'll see.

Well I don't know where you live, but that happens with nearly every single map being released these days, including 3xp maps (map and wt coherently planned and released at the same time). But even disregarding that, I worked really hard on the map and I planned to make the walkthrough for the hard way, so it kinda makes sense that I get some exclusivity for wt purposes.

I can not do anything about Kie not showing up for the holidays as we planned it, hopefully he shows up for summer, at least.

• Yes, it's supposed to be released this month.

On a serious note: My exams ended at end of last week, so I'm kinda free now. Tbh I didn't do much past month, mainly due to the fact that I had to do these exams and it was really hard to get myself to work on the map. I know my promises and words don't carry weight at this point, but I'll try to work on it.

• Ah man, I was waiting for a sweet freakz playing hs compilation but we get this stupid map instead, owell maybe will happen next year ^^