Who has a 144 hz screen?

• Im considering to get myself a 144hz screen.
    Most people say that the change from 60 to 144hz is unimaginable.
    Now im asking you guys, who has one and can confirm that its worth it?
    I'd be thankful if you can give me recommendations of what screen to get.

Im currently thinking of THIS one.

Any first hand experience would be appreciated. :)

Best Regards,

deleted User

• @deleted User

I don't have it, but I've heard, that difference is huge, but it depends on game. For example in game like LoL there is no big difference, but in games like CS:GO it will give you some advantage, because everything is smoother and more precise, so it will really help you with your aim (actually everyone that use 120/144 Hz in CS:GO says that). If you can afford it, I would give it a try. The question is: 120 Hz or 144 Hz? I heard that there is nearly no difference between these two, so all turns back to the price. I don't know prices in Germany, so if there is small difference in it, I would obviously go for 144 Hz, but if you would need to pay some bigger money, I would stick to 120 Hz then.

For example, here is video about CS:GO in 60 Hz and 120 Hz, it should help you:

If I would look for new monitor, I would probably go for 21:9 or 4K one, but that's only because of things I'm doing on my PC. Just think about stuff you're making on your PC and think if you need update to 144 Hz monitor or not.

Btw. As far as I know, this BenQ monitor is very good choice.

• I dont have a 144hz, but a have a 120hz. I will never go back to 60hz, and i will get a 144hz.
    Everything runs alot smoother ( well, you dont notice that it dont go as smooth when youre on a 60hz monitor, but when change you will notice, and then it seems like 60hz stutters or cant keep the rate :D )

Best thing i can compare with is watching a video on youtube, 720p vs 720p60. Or whatever resolution. Kinda same feeling

Is it worth it? I dont know which games youre playing, but if you cant get 144fps in-game its worthless going for a 144hz monitor.

A screen i think is good, and not too expensive is BenQ XL2411Z

Edit, now i saw you have looked for bigger screens than 24", also the screen you have linked is better than the one i linked so ;)

• @myst. Explained everything, it's 100% percent true (I'm working on 60Hz, but I know that from some forums).

I just wanted to add one thing. Refresh rate (Hz) is a value, which means maximum FPSes your screen can display. It's clear I think. But your PC (to be more precision - your gpu) is rendering frames and monitor is displaying them on screen, so if u want really see the difference your GPU have to render at least 120/144 FPS on 120/144 Hz screen.

Maybe it's obvious to you, but it's very important thing, that u can't miss ;)

BenQ XL2411Z, which was mentioned in Hawk post is really good and not for high price. Generally, BenQ is well-known as company, which is doing good screens.

• Is it worth it? I dont know which games youre playing, but if you cant get 144fps in-game its worthless going for a 144hz monitor.

CoD4 and CSGO mostly, the main reason for considering to buy one is CSGO tho.
    I didnt find any DisplayPort plug in my GTX 970 only DVI, is this normal?
    Also is DisplayPort better than DVI, because ive read and heard that alot?

I would certainly recommend getting one

What model do you have?

• I didnt find any DisplayPort plug in my GTX 970 only DVI, is this normal?

I'm pretty sure most 970's come with at least '1' DP (DisplayPort) adapater, there's a few out there which include multiple depends what manufacture. What brand is your 970?

Also is DisplayPort better than DVI, because ive read and heard that alot?

Display Port's handle higher resolutions compared to HDMI/DVI,
    for example:

HDMI's max resolution is 3820x2160 (4k Resolution) at a 30Hz cap unless you have one of the latest HDMI cables (HDMI 2.0)

DisplayPort's max resolution is capable of 4k at 60Hz and even 8k at 30Hz.

DVI will be okay if you're only running at 1920x1080, any higher I'd recommend getting a DP adapater.

Jayme <3

• otherwise just search your model and check; the DP/HDMI connectors are similar so you may of missed it and thought it were a HDMI port.

Its really weird tho, i double checked now and it seems like i have 2x VGA , 2x HDMI and 1x DVI.
    Ill try to do a photo within the next hours.

EDIT: Nevermind, i completely misunderstood the plugs. Everything is there. :rolleyes:

Make sure to get a DVI Dual Link cable, or you will just get 60hz

Thanks for mentioning. :)

• I got the screen, which i've linked earlier on as well.
    It was definitely worth it. I dont even know how i could manage to play 60 hz all these years.
    After some matches with 144hz i went back to 60hz as a small test
    and it seemed like a 20fps diashow in comparison.

If anyone here considers to buy one, you have my recommendation. :)