New Headset

• Hey guys,

I'm willing to buy a headset, with a good price/quality ratio if possible, price up to about 80€, most likely between 50-80€. I know it's not that much for a headset, but I don't want to put more than this.

I searched a bit and I found this one, which cost 200€ at the time of its release in 2012: Focal Casque audio nomade Spirit One Rouge - Casque audio - Achat / Vente sur Materiel.net
    It still can be found at around 150€ on some websites.
    Apparently it has a pretty decent sound, especially for its price, but it is fragile and I saw multiple comments of people saying they had to return it to the after-sales service, that's why I'm hesitating.

Also I want to buy a mic and mirko advised me this one: Zalman ZMMIC1 Micro cravatte: Amazon.fr: Informatique

I thought I could write it here in case some audio experts could advise me on this headset, or maybe advise me to buy another one for more or less the same price :D

Thanks for any help!

__________________________________________S_____I_____G_____N_____A_____T_____U_____R_____E__________________________________________

Any problem with a 3xP' server (server down, download loop,...)? - Feel free to mention it in the shoutbox so an admin can take care of it.
    ______________________________________________________________________________

3xP' TS3 IP: ts.3xP-Clan.com | Click here to directly join it.

• @Shuzk

It's nice, but I think it's over UFaced's funds.

@UFaced

As I said you on Xfire. A lot of guys recomment that combination:
    Superlux HD668b (~35€) + Asus Xonar DGX (sound card, ~30€)

I had SteelSeries Siberia V2 for 2 years (sold them 1 month ago). It's good headset. It's not perfect and it's not the worst one. I can recomment this, even if they are from 2009. Siberia V3 and some other models from SteelSeries just came out, so price for V2 should drop a little bit. Or, you can check SteelSeries Siberia RAW Prism. Price for this one is 59.99€ at SteelSeries official shop. Of course, as Siberia's V2 they won't be best headset, but they will be fine enough I think. ;)

• @Shuzk

I checked prices at online shops in my country and in € it was like 110-120€. I know that UFaced is from France, so I checked also Amazon.fr and there price is ~100€.

I've never used G35, but everyone who used or is using atm that one always gives up positive comments, so I think it's good headset also. :) But only UFaced can choose which one he want.

• i got Gamecom 775 and am really enjoying them, prolong usage doesnt hurt my ears, very good sound. Fake 7.1 tho, but that doesnt stop me from hearing every move an enemy makes with or without deadsilence.
    You hear the "outside" world very well as some/most headphones wont do.

The price is very reasonable, bought these like 2.5-3 years ago, the price was then around €90

:Edit. the mic is super awesome, noone complained about hearing me too much or too less, good quality and so on.

• My buddy has these and they are pretty good Razer BlackShark - Audio pour Gamer - Boutique en ligne Razer officielle (France) , you can separate mic from headset, and sound is really good but i mean really really good like orgasam for ears, and about mic i can hear him very nice and clearly. But i do think he overpay and if you are going to spend more that 150$ you will to. Just one advice do NOT buy wireless headset. I think the best choice for yor price rang would be these Razer Kraken Pro - Audio pour Gamer - Boutique en ligne Razer officielle (France) ^^

• So Mr. UFaced.

I've got a Razer Kraken Pro, it was around 100€ but it should be less now. Sweet for gaming with a Headset. Not the best for Music -> need different settings then.

2nd one is a Sennheiser, it was around 80€. Perfect for Music, I use it for gaming too. Well, you need a Headset for it since it doesn't have one.

• new laptop, new ram, maybe new ssd, new mic new headet .... new Ufaced :D

Haha well, I'm trying, not quite there yet, but on my way ;)

@Everyone Thanks a lot for the ideas, I'll check that later when I got some spare time :P

And as I didn't clarify, I'm looking for a headset which I can use for everything. I don't really want a headset specific to gaming, especially one which has a mic stuck in it, because I also want to use it for everyday music.
    The thing is, I don't game a lot anymore, and I'm also not listening to music hours per day, I don't even listen to music everyday sometimes (except while driving but there I don't use a headset :D ). That's the reason why I don't want to put 150€ in it.
    But I still would appreciate one which has a rather good quality, because when I listen to great music, I really enjoy being able to appreciate a great sound quality :)

And also I wouldn't really like wandering around in the street with a too "gaming-styled" headset on my head, so I'd rather buy a "normal" headset and add a mic to it, like the one mirko advised me.

Thanks again for the answers :P

__________________________________________S_____I_____G_____N_____A_____T_____U_____R_____E__________________________________________

Any problem with a 3xP' server (server down, download loop,...)? - Feel free to mention it in the shoutbox so an admin can take care of it.

• A few months ago I also looked for a new headset.
    Important stuff for me was:

1) It has to be comfortable, even after hours of wearing.
    2) Good microphone quality (when I read some reviews about headsets it was often like "good hs, but the mic sucks", and that was a no-go for me).
    3) Good sound quality, but I don't want to be 100% isolated, I still want to hear what's going on around me.
    4) Shouldn't cost more than 100€.

I also made a thread back then, and got recommended the QPAD QH-90.
    But in the end I decided to buy the Sennheiser PC 320, and I'm still totally happy with it, as it fits all the requirements I had to 100%.
    I don't know why it only has a 4/5 rating on amazon, I'd buy it again without thinking.

Good luck!

• @Amnesia

Sennheiser :thumbsup:

@UFaced

Maybe you should buy 2? That would be good choice in fact.

One for home (gaming, music and everything else) - for example Superlux HD668b (35€), Sennheiser HD201 (20€) or something other.

And the next one for outdoor usage - for example Sondmagic MP21 (35€) - I had them and I can really recommend them. You can fit them in pocket and sound that they produce is really good, so they are pretty good for outdoor usage. Also they are really good for home usage. Small thing, but awesome thing. ;)

I think about outdoor usage you mean plugin them to your phone. I know you are Android user, so Poweramp player is must have for you (if you don't have it). It's cheap (3.99 USD), but it's one of best music players (if not the best). In my opinion beats even iPod features from Apple iPhone's. :)

• Like MYST wrote up - Sennheiser HD 201 and (from me) Superlux HD 681 EVO are best from the best. Personally I've got Sennheiser HD 201 for 2,5 years and these headphones ... It's Sennhesier - quality is on highest level. So from me two options of headphones. Sennhesier HD 201/Superlux HD 681 EVO. About microphone ... Logitech USB Desktop Microphone is very good in quality/price. I have got this mic, too - hmmm ... for me quality of voice is on good level. But this zalman, that mirko adviced u is also very good and I think it will be better ;) And one more advice - do NOT buy any Razer products. Why ? This company are very, very over paid. I mean that for normal, very good for example mouse u have to pay about 20 euro, but mouse with razer logo cost not 20, but 100 euro ... And quality of these products ... are bad (know that from any forums etc.). And cash, that u will save u can allocate for sth other.

• Viruz and I are using the Zalman Mic. It's very good for a price of 5€.

I also agree with @$ i w y .exe (your name is to hard for auto complete :D). Razor is too expensive for the quality. A normal headphone is cheaper and has a higher quality. A Sennheiser/Superlux or in my case a Beyerdynamic Headphone for X € is always better then a Gaming-Company-Branded Headphone for the same price

• Just bought this one:

Marshall Major Casque stéréo avec Télécommande + Microphone intégré Noir: Amazon.fr: High-tech

Dunno whether it's really a good deal or not :D Most people say it has a really good sound, but some say it breaks or deteriorates kinda easily... Well I'll see :D 49€ isn't too much plus it has a mic in it (can't even see where though O.o). Used to cost 100€ when it came out.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I didn't pick one of those you said mostly because it was often gaming headsets (and with a big mic)... Or I didn't like the design at all ^^