Idea for a new Mod (Zombie Epedemic Mod)

• I didn't read through the whole topic, but i already have a zombie mod.
    Nothing big, only the basics... A single zombie is chosen at the beginning and has to infect the other players to get them in his team.
    The round is over when all players are zombies.
    The player who was infected last will be the new 'only' zombie in the next round.

Is it more like zom_db (basically a lot of different zombies with different damages and perks, humans/hunters have 100 HP and can get back HP by killing zombs, and have mines & repels), or more like afterlife/EHD zombies (only knife for zombies, 1 hit = kill, humans have to aim for the head otherwise it takes a whole clip to kill a zombie)? Or something different?

__________________________________________S_____I_____G_____N_____A_____T_____U_____R_____E__________________________________________

Any problem with a 3xP' server (server down, download loop,...)? - Feel free to mention it in the shoutbox so an admin can take care of it.
    ______________________________________________________________________________

3xP' TS3 IP: ts.3xP-Clan.com | Click here to directly join it.

• Is it more like zom_db (basically a lot of different zombies with different damages and perks, humans/hunters have 100 HP and can get back HP by killing zombs, and have mines & repels), or more like afterlife/EHD zombies (only knife for zombies, 1 hit = kill, humans have to aim for the head otherwise it takes a whole clip to kill a zombie)? Or something different?

It's like afterlife/ehd.
    Zombies can only punsh (knife) and do kill with a single hit.
    Survivors have to aim for the head and have no extras except the regular perks (no mines and stuff as in zom_db).
    Only real feature is the adrenaline for the last survivor, which gives him a speed boost.

edit:
    The last changes to the scripts were back in may 2014 and there are still some points on the to do list, but if you want i continue working on it.
    Kill the king is done now (i think) so i could work on a new project.

• The last changes to the scripts were back in may 2014 and there are still some points on the to do list, but if you want i continue working on it.
    Kill the king is done now (i think) so i could work on a new project.

Nice! What's up with Contain the Code and Hack the Terminal? :P
    Otherwise, I guess Vash would be very happy if you worked on this zombie mod he talked about :P

__________________________________________S_____I_____G_____N_____A_____T_____U_____R_____E__________________________________________

Any problem with a 3xP' server (server down, download loop,...)? - Feel free to mention it in the shoutbox so an admin can take care of it.

• Nice! What's up with Contain the Code and Hack the Terminal?

I played a round of contain the code within an old version of ktk and to be honest it's not as much fun as i though in the beginning of the development.
    Hack the terminals is a bit like crysis that's why i like it, but i'm out of ideas at the moment and there weren't any testers yet.

Back to the zombie mod.
    I basically like the idea of the barricades, i just dislike their layout ... coloured crates are kinda strange.
    What do you think about making them quite more realistic?
    I'm currently thinking about the ones used in rotu (sandbags with planks).

• @Viking ,sounds great!
    Is there a server online to play your mod?

If we can modify this mod and get the barricades and more stuff implemented like the barricades and Survivor classes, I think we would be way faster done.
    And according to your replies, you are a quite experienced modder. Would be awesome to have you on board and help creating this mod, you and Yuri could make this happening!

You may send me some contact informations or I create a private conversation with You, Yuri and me.

edit:
    Yeah we could use other textures, but I really like the main model of the Barricade, its so simple and just right to block doors or other entrances. :)

Greetings,
    Vash

• Viking, the Like Farmer :D

Wait, wasn't that me? :D

And sry Viking I had totally forgotten about this and never set up a server... Well I was very busy and rather inactive. Would you still need it now? Maybe I can set up one someday next week (no time this WE).

• Hey!, I read the whole post and all the messages and I couldn't avoid replying this.

First of all I want to say that there exists a mod that works like this, well kind of, its not really that complete with blocking stuff and that many shops or classes but is way simple and is qutie funny. Is the infected mod from holymoly for openwarfare, maybe you could take a look and get some ideas since as far as I remember it looks pretty solid and isnt too old gametype.

I love the ktk mod and your ideas seem to be always awesome so I thought that I could be interested in this too. So if you need some more testers add me on xfire (I'm always on at wekeends, friday and monday too).

• I don't really know a lot of zombie mods but at the moment the most populated ones are RoZo, Rotu and ALpha X (BTD) so far. All of them with bots as zombies and as you said, I like zombies too but none of them really presents a challenge for me so they look a bit boring and I lost interest quite fast.

• You're too late. Its hard to find people playing zom_db now and the CoD4 modding community is DEAD. Look in the German Opferlamm or Blackmonkeys forums, nothing happens in the mapping section. All the kids are now playing COD 999infinite and buy all the DLCs... I wish the good old times with CoD4 back. No Steam, but Xfire, and this great game.