KTK Maps list - Which do you think should be added to the rotation?

• Here is the current list of all the maps you can call votes for on the Kill the King server:

As you can see, some of them are already in the rotation, but many aren't.

If you think some of these maps should be added to the rotation, just let me know. You can first test those maps by calling a vote in-game to put the map.

If several players suggest here that a map is good enough to be put in the rotation, I'll add it.

__________________________________________S_____I_____G_____N_____A_____T_____U_____R_____E__________________________________________

Any problem with a 3xP' server (server down, download loop,...)? - Feel free to mention it in the shoutbox so an admin can take care of it.
    ______________________________________________________________________________

3xP' TS3 IP: ts.3xP-Clan.com | Click here to directly join it.

• I think you haven't read what I wrote.
    The map list and the rotation are 2 different things.

The map list (in the spoiler) is the MAM map list for the KTK server, which means here are all the maps you will see when you do !maps, which are all the maps a trusted player/member/admin can put or vote for by using a MAM command.

The rotation is the actual rotation of the server, so it regroups all the maps which will appear at the end-vote on the server. Those are the maps written in one of the config of the mod.

Some maps are in the MAM map list but NOT in the rotation, that's why I made this thread actually.

mp_mw2_term was actually one of these maps that were in the map list but not in the rotation, so it was totally normal if it didn't appear in the vote at the end of the map. I added it on Sunday though since HD had suggested it on the KTK maps suggestions thread, so now it should appear.

__________________________________________S_____I_____G_____N_____A_____T_____U_____R_____E__________________________________________

Any problem with a 3xP' server (server down, download loop,...)? - Feel free to mention it in the shoutbox so an admin can take care of it.

• I would recommend "Crossfire" to be in the KTK map rotation considering it has numerous buildings to hide, is large, and has two clear areas that can support either team.
    Note: Would be optimal for about 20-30 people and would be considered a "sniper" map due to it's long roads.

• What happened to maze & luna?
    Love those maps. Could you bring them back? Also, as Robert mentioned befofe, I think crossfire would be a nice addition.

One love.

I think crossfire is bugged.

Luna has been replaced by Luna2, which is better IMO (and has no harmful glitch like Luna). I think Luna2 can appear in the vote when there are 20+ people online.
    Maze1 was removed because it's a hell for assassins. The king just camps 24/7, and guards just have to shoot at the entrance without even aiming. And assassins can't even wallbang those camper bitches :D However, when we update the mod, I think I'll put it back in the rotation but I'll disable most hardpoints, so it will be easier for assassins.
    And yeah as far as I know Crossfire is bugged with the mod. I'll try putting it again once the mod is updated.

• How about toybox, it's a fun map.

░░░░░░▄▀▒▒▒▒░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█
    ░░░░░█▒▒▒▒░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█
    ░░░░█▒▒▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
    ░░▄▀▒▒▒▄█████▄▒█▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▄█████▄▒█
    ░█▒▒▒▒▐██▄████▌▒█▒▒▒▒▒█▒▐██▄████▌▒█
    ▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▀█████▀▒▒█▒░▄▒▄█▒▒▀█████▀▒▒▒█
    ▒▒▐▒▒▒░░░░▒▒▒▒▒█▒░▒▒▀▒▒█▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█
    ▒▌▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▄▀▒░▒▄█▄█▄▒▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌
    ▒▌▒▒▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒█▌▌▌▌▌█▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▐
    ▒▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌▒▒▀███▀▒▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌
    ▀▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█
    ▀▄▒▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄▄▄▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▄▄▀
    ▒▒▀▄▒▀▄▀▀▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
    ▒▒▒▒▀▄▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▐

• How about toybox, it's a fun map.

Yeah, fun, but IMO doesn't fit the mod so much, and the music can get quickly annoying. Feel free to call votes for it from time to time though.

mp_4nuketown: A larger/newer version of the "normal" nuketown to fit more people :D

I didn't really like that map so I never added it. But after all I think you're right, could be nice for the mod. I think I'll add it (for 15+ or 20+ people).

• Ok, thx Ufaced :D

And i love that song "trigger happyyyyyy" :D

░░░░░░▄▀▒▒▒▒░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█
    ░░░░░█▒▒▒▒░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█
    ░░░░█▒▒▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
    ░░▄▀▒▒▒▄█████▄▒█▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▄█████▄▒█
    ░█▒▒▒▒▐██▄████▌▒█▒▒▒▒▒█▒▐██▄████▌▒█
    ▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▀█████▀▒▒█▒░▄▒▄█▒▒▀█████▀▒▒▒█
    ▒▒▐▒▒▒░░░░▒▒▒▒▒█▒░▒▒▀▒▒█▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█
    ▒▌▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▄▀▒░▒▄█▄█▄▒▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌
    ▒▌▒▒▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒█▌▌▌▌▌█▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▐
    ▒▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌▒▒▀███▀▒▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌
    ▀▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█
    ▀▄▒▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄▄▄▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▄▄▀
    ▒▒▀▄▒▀▄▀▀▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
    ▒▒▒▒▀▄▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▐

• First of all I want to thank all the members/ admins/ leaders/ etc. for this very very active community of a game that`s statically "dead".
    Second of all I see that already great suggestions about new rotations are made, but I am wondering about the terms a map will be added in the rotation?

Zitat

Luna has been replaced by Luna2, which is better IMO (and has no harmful glitch like Luna). I think Luna2 can appear in the vote when there are 20+ people online.Maze1 was removed because it's a hell for assassins. The king just camps 24/7, and guards just have to shoot at the entrance without even aiming. And assassins can't even wallbang those camper bitches However, when we update the mod, I think I'll put it back in the rotation but I'll disable most hardpoints, so it will be easier for assassins.And yeah as far as I know Crossfire is bugged with the mod. I'll try putting it again once the mod is updated.

You (UFaced) removed maze1 because it`s a hell for assassins, but why not removing Lolzor1 (no wallbanging possible) and Poolday (not enough opportunity to wallbang because of spawning place guards)? Or what about putting those 3 maps in the rotation but on a very low frequency? I really do not have an idea if that is possible.

off topic: Can someone explain to me, or give me a link of an excisting thread, why it is NOT allowed to spawnrape guards, but it IS allowed to spawnrape guards? Assassins weapons and health is less in comparison to that of guards. IN my point of view it doesn`t make sense. Thank you for your anwer in advance.

• First of all I want to thank all the members/ admins/ leaders/ etc. for this very very active community of a game that`s statically "dead".
    Second of all I see that already great suggestions about new rotations are made, but I am wondering about the terms a map will be added in the rotation?

When you say "the terms", you mean how long it will take before a map will be added to the rotation?
    Well for now, I don't think I'll add any map before the mod is updated, simply becuase some maps might work now and not with the update, or the contrary. And I don't want to lose time testing this, because I don't have this time (because of studies etc etc.).

You (UFaced) removed maze1 because it`s a hell for assassins, but why not removing Lolzor1 (no wallbanging possible) and Poolday (not enough opportunity to wallbang because of spawning place guards)? Or what about putting those 3 maps in the rotation but on a very low frequency? I really do not have an idea if that is possible.

Quick answer: Maze1 was worse than lolzor and poolday (for assassins).
    I will be able to disable specific hardpoints in the next update of the mod, which I will surely do for lolzor, poolday and maze1, so it should be funnier for everyone to play those maps.
    Also with the update, it will be possible, when a map was just played, to choose that it won't appear in the vote for the next X maps (X = 1 or 2 or 6 or whatever I want). So yeah it will be possible to increase map diversity on the server.
    But currently, the reason lolzor and poolday appear so much in the vote, is because the server population has decreased. Because the maps appearing in the vote depend on the number of players online. There are a lot of maps in the rotation which are great but never played, because they would appear only for 20+ or even 25+ people. I don't want to make them appear in the vote when there are less players online, because usually it results in a population drop because the map is too big for the number of players.
    But trusted players can still call votes for those maps (that's one of the reasons why I enabled voting for trusted players), and see what happens.

off topic: Can someone explain to me, or give me a link of an excisting thread, why it is NOT allowed to spawnrape guards, but it IS allowed to spawnrape guards? Assassins weapons and health is less in comparison to that of guards. In my point of view it doesn`t make sense. Thank you for your anwer in advance.

The answer is easy, it's because it's much more frustrating to die as a guard than as an assassin. When you die as an assassin, you just remain an assassin. It's very easy to be in the assassin's team. When you become guard again (because you were killed by king), you're happy, but no, some spawncamper kills you and you're assassin again, and it's much more difficult to become guard once again.
    There are a few other arguments which I used in the past but won't take the time to write them again. Maybe someone can find the post where I wrote them, idk.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von UFaced ()

• UFaced, thank you for your quick answer.

With terms I didn`t mean how long it will take, but I meant the conditions about when a map is added or removed in the rotation.

Another offtopic item (my apologize): A while ago i visited a server that gives you a warning (you will die if you continue camping) when you are camping. It was some kind of program that was in the server. Is this stuff for a new thread or will this be in the new mod?