Beiträge von UFaced

Hello everyone!

I'm very glad to announce that KTK version 2.10 has finally arrived on our main server.

As a reminder, the IP of the server is: 91.121.21.210:28969

This version includes a lot of bugfixes and improvements (you can learn more about it here: KTK 2.10 - Final Testing Phase )

Among those new features, it is now possible to disable specific hardpoints on specific maps. So if you think some hardpoints should be disabled on certain maps, please leave a comment and I will consider it.

Here are some other pretty awesome features:

• Possibility to start the game with 2 people only (instead of 3 before)

• You will spawn a lot less often with katana (and knife) as assassin (so, a lot more with snipers... 80% actually)

• Assassins can now buy weapons from the weaponbox too

• A map just played won't appear in the vote again for the next 2 (can be lowered or increased) maps

• "Slave in lieu of dog" in the Options... For all dog haters out there :D

• There is now a Javelin in the weaponbox for assassins (to shoot down choppers)

• And many more :D

There is also a nice Help Menu included now: Just press B+4 or Esc > Help & Credits to check it.

I would like to say thanks to Mirko aka Fr33g !t for merging our 3xP' files with the mod to add our 3xP' features (like the defuse option), and indeed thanks a lot to Viking for creating and continuously improving this awesome mod!

I hope you will all enjoy this update! :) Have fun! :thumbup:

Well I knew creating a map was a huge job, but actually I hadn't realized exactly how much of a pain in the arse it could be for CJ maps O.o

Awesome tool, awesome map, awesome design & scripts (from what I can see :P ), awesome video editing, awesome presentation 8o And I'm not even a CJ player or a mapper so I can only imagine how people will be happy with this tool.

You guys are the best :thumbsup:

Declined.

For several reasons stated above (and too many people giving a "no" or a "I'm not sure").

Sorry I forgot to write the final answer.

You can apply again in 6 weeks from now (my advise would be, only apply if you know you'll get better feedback than on this app).

What I dislike is this:

I've made another App 2 months ago.

While here: Trusted player application - MrSotoK.exe, we can clearly see it was 1 month (and 1 day exactly) only

And it's also clearly stated here: CoD4 Trusted player application - Read before applying. :

Note 5: If your application is rejected, you have to wait at least 6 weeks before being able to apply again.

And I'm not even counting this thread: CoD4 Trusted player application - Recent changes [READ before applying] (which I should), which says you have to wait 3 months.

Also, we can't click your links, which is annoying.

Well I'll let your app open for about 1 or 2 days, and if it gets extremely good feedback, you may be accepted; otherwise if not enough / not good enough feedback, your app will be rejected and you will have to wait 6 weeks (my choice in this particular context) before applying again.

Declined.

Any too short application, too badly formatted, with too many spelling mistakes, or missing any of the required information, will be instantly rejected, and the applicant won't be able to apply again for the next 3 months, unless an administrator expressly authorizes him to.

Source: CoD4 Trusted player application - Recent changes [READ before applying]

And you don't even have the excuse to say you didn't read this thread, because you were told to read it (in the shoutbox) earlier today.

I just downloaded a bunch of new maps. But then I thouhgt, meh... It's waaaay too much for me to test :D So I guess I will upload only a few.

Just letting you know, because unless you find an amazing map, there's no need to make suggestions for now, I already have too many maps x)

It will surely take a while before I put some of them on the server though.

FYI, here is the list:

Team [4T4] : Sur tous les fronts... Construction
    Team [4T4] : Sur tous les fronts... Biospehere (looks nice)
    Team [4T4] : Sur tous les fronts... agx construction zone
    Team [4T4] : Sur tous les fronts... osg grid
    Team [4T4] : Sur tous les fronts... Guerra
    Team [4T4] : Sur tous les fronts... Blak
    Team [4T4] : Sur tous les fronts... cdi mission isla
    Team [4T4] : Sur tous les fronts... citi facility
    Team [4T4] : Sur tous les fronts... citi gewitter
    Team [4T4] : Sur tous les fronts... citi swamp
    Team [4T4] : Sur tous les fronts... citi hotel
    mp_pb4ia1 - XtremeIdiots mp_pb4ia1 2
    Team [4T4] : Sur tous les fronts... city_assault
    Team [4T4] : Sur tous les fronts... coldair's nuke town
    Team [4T4] : Sur tous les fronts... desert glory
    Team [4T4] : Sur tous les fronts... osg raid
    Team [4T4] : Sur tous les fronts... Ordnance
    Team [4T4] : Sur tous les fronts... 82ab Villa
    Team [4T4] : Sur tous les fronts... osg tropical rust N looks nice)
    Team [4T4] : Sur tous les fronts... osg Mirage (looks nice)
    Team [4T4] : Sur tous les fronts... osg cargo (looks nice)
    Team [4T4] : Sur tous les fronts... osg jungle
    Team [4T4] : Sur tous les fronts... osg showtime 2
    Team [4T4] : Sur tous les fronts... osg metro
    Netday - Call of Duty 4 (CoD4) - mp_skidrow - review - download skidrow
    Nuke Town by Gunner ( CoD4 ) addon - Codutility - Mod DB 4nuketown

i've played the map hijacked_2 for less then a minute and already found a way out of the map, which is really easy. You might want to reconsider this map imo.

A way out of the map? Can you go far from the boat / under the boat without dying? If not, then I don't think it's a problem?
    I also found ways "out" of the map, but it's just enough to hide a bit for fun, if people find me, I can be killed rather easily.

[22/10/2015]

3 new maps added to the rotation (tested and approved :P ) :

"mp_osg_hijacked_2": "Hijacked",
    "mp_osg_nt_2025": "Nuketown2025",
    "mp_shipmentx2": "ShipmentX2"

Hijacked and Nuketown 2025 are big though (100+ MB), so you can downlaod them from the internet and put them in your CoD4 "usermaps" folder before joining the server if you have a slow connection:

- Nuketown 2025: Team [4T4] : Sur tous les fronts...
    - Hijacked: Team [4T4] : Sur tous les fronts...
    - Shipmentx2: Team [4T4] : Sur tous les fronts...

Thanks to Amnesia{FR} for the idea of Hijacked (KTK Maps list - Which do you think should be added to the rotation?).

Btw, this website (team4T4) has a lot of great maps for CoD4, so if you want to take a look around and make suggestions, feel free to do so :)
    Post you suggestions in this thread though: Kill the King - New maps suggestions

Has anyone performed a poll about the popularity of KTK maps? Perhaps that will give UFaced a better idea how the maps are ranked by their players?

I think it would be possible to create a GSM / MAM "like" plugin so players online would just have to type !like or !dislike while they are playing a certain map, and then we can see the overall result after a few weeks (and see if it evolves).
    Indeed it would take some time to create it and I think only mirko could do it and he's really busy, and maybe he doesn't even want to create such a plugin, so idk if this will happen ^^

Making a poll on the forums would not give a representative result, because most of the players don't go on forums.

Declined.

He hasn't replied for days, didn't even edit his app after several people tried to help him out.

Also, as you can see in this thread: CoD4 Trusted player application - Recent changes [READ before applying]

Any too short application, too badly formatted, with too many spelling mistakes, or missing any of the required information, will be instantly rejected, and the applicant won't be able to apply again for the next 3 months, unless an administrator expressly authorizes him to.

So you'll be able to apply again in 3 months minimum (and with a damn good app, or it will be an instant reject).

As far as I see Admins don't even care about your ban and/or unban (you're currently banned by me), mwahh.

Just wanted to write a final word (I haven't read everything - at all - so if I say smth someone already said, sorry).
    See all the huge posts in this thread ? It takes a looot of time to read everything carefully, to understand everything. It takes even more time to write an answer that will be fair (just look at the huge posts by deleted User or Viruz; and deleted User even had to write several posts and the situation still wasn't solved, and both of you still were unhappy).

We (admins) have plenty of other things to do, be it IRL stuff or administrating stuff, and if we don't reply to a thread like this one for several days, it's just totally normal. For instance, I had a lot going on with my studies at the time you wrote that thread; I took a look at it from time to time (coz I like to remain updated with what's going on in the community), but I didn't have the time to read everything, and certainly not to think about it (what would be the best/fairest thing to do), and even less to answer to it.

Furthermore, the time we take to handle situations like this - to end up usually in a way that will be felt unfair by at least 1 of the persons involved, if not both persons - we could use it to do a lot more things (IRL or for the community), and which will be helpful for a lot more people.

This situation is the kind of situation which cannot be properly handled anyway. You're convinced he cheats. He takes hours of his time to prove the contrary. He doesn't look like the usual arrogant dumbass cheater, who would most certainly just change key, or change server. Admins (and other people) then doubt he could actually be a cheater. Not even everyone who saw him play, who spectated him, believes he cheats. Then, as you have no proof, how could we possibly make the choice to ban him?
    If we can't be 100% sure, we give him the benefit of the doubt.

TBH, I wish I wouldn't even have taken the time to answer this post, in a way. I'm "losing" time, sort of. But I still like to believe I can help 1 or 2 people by writing stuff like that, make them "evolve".

I wanted to be good and keep servers clear and without cheaters. A lot of people hates me here for my attitude, but I think theer are few people that don't hate me that bad, right? I installed CoD4 back few days ago (2-3) after not having it for over 3 months on my PC. I did it, because some people asked me if I will do it in the future. Honestly, I regret. So, my decission is to uninstall this game again. For those who will wonder if I will install it back: no. You have my word that I won't do it.

Got a question for you :D
    Why did you install CoD4 again? I believe it's because you kinda like this game.
    Then just play and have fun man.
    I also understand you don't like to play with cheaters. So it's better if you have trusted powers so you can get rid of cheaters during your play time.
    And then that's it. Happy and free.
    It's that simple.
    No one will bother you if you don't take care of every single cheater there is on the server. You're not paid to do that job.
    And even if people do bother you, ignore. If they harass you (who knows, that can happen :D ), you can even kick them (with reason "annoy").

What did it bring you to create this thread, in the end?
    I can totally understand if you're eager for justice, if you can't bear unfairness.
    Just remember that if you want to make a player report in the future, you'll need a proof. But you're not obliged to make reports. Really not.
    There will always be cheaters anyway, you can't fix all the wrong stuff going on in the world on your own.

Well, I believe that's all I had to say (that's waaay enough).

Ah no, one last thing :D If you don't want to change the way you act while you're on the CoD4 servers, then you're right, uninstall this game and never install it again.
    Gotta be a big pain in the arse to care about things (cheaters etc.) the way you do while you're playing. You end up writing and arguing more than you have fun, and sometimes even spending more times on forums than in-game. I know that (I guess all admins do), and it can be really awful and frustrating.
    That's all to your credit to be willing to get rid of all hackers and to be as fair as possible, but sometimes it's really, really not worth it.

But if you think you can free yourself of all this, then come and play again, this game is still great somehow, and you'll see that playing "just for fun" can be really relaxing ;)