Beiträge von UFaced

The vsync option is in geforce control panel ( not geforce experience ) under 3d settings or something , select game in the list and the option should be there.

Open Nvidia control panel and go to 3d settings. Look for CoD4 and make sure 'vertical sync' is disabled. That should solve the issue. Added a picture even though it's in finnish, but it might help :D

This did the trick thanks to you all :D

I'm not certain as of what you mean by your stats were
    reset, although if your Multiplayer stats were reset you can simply use
    this tool to become Level 55 and have everything unlocked.

Easy Account 1.7.zip - Zippyshare.com - Easy Account 1.7.zip

I mean when I launched CoD4 I got a message saying: "An error occurred while reading the stats data. Your stats have been reset."
    And I think it reset everything for all mods. But I haven't done much testing yet. I'll surely find a solution by googling a bit more. Or maybe HawK's solution will work.

Edit: Fixed. I just had to remove the corrupt mpdata and put my not corrupt backup file in the folder. The first time, the stats were reset because I had not yet written my CD-key in the options.

Thanks for everything :P

Ok so copying files from my other PC worked :) I just copy-pasted my whole folder except Mods and usermaps.

Then the game wouldn't start because of some file missing, which as Jayme said, was a DirectX 9 file. So I downloaded it from here: Download DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer from Official Microsoft Download Center)()

And the game launched fine :)

Now the only problems I have are:
    - I won't go over 60 FPS and can't find out where this limit comes from (maybe my Nvidia Geforce software but couldn't find an option for that).
    - My stats were reset... Happened to me the previous time I reinstalled the game and I fixed it but can't remember how :D If anyone has an easy fix or a good link to give me, that'd be great coz for now I'm too lazy to find a way to fix it myself :P Otherwise I'll just do it some other day.

Thanks again guys!

Hey guys,

I just bought a new laptop and... it has no DVD player (or however it's called ^^ ). And even though I basically don't play CoD4 anymore, I'd like to have it installed on my PC. Just in case. You know. :P
    I still have my original cd-key, however I believe it's not possible to download the game in a legit way (through Steam for instance) since I bought the game long ago on a CD.
    Can anyone confirm I can't download the game in a legit way?

Also, I was wondering if I could somehow copy the files from my old PC to my new PC to install the game (though old is running Win 8.1 ans new is running Win 10, don't know if that could be an issue)?

And if that's also not possible, does anyone know a good website/torrent to download the game from?

Looks fun, even if when I look at it it just looks like someone using noclip. I really don't see from this video if this is smth super hard or super easy (or else).

So I don't get how you bought it for 29.99, since on both links you provide price is 39.99 :D

(I have to know before I buy the game :P )

I would have posted a code here for whoever needs one, first comes gets it... but battle.net doesn't allow you to purchase codes :thumbdown:

What do you mean, you used a code to get a 10€ discount?
    If there is any way I could get one, I would be grateful if you told me how :D

Oh ok, weird since in € the lowest price I can find is 46€ and on the official website it's 60€... It doesn't change anything to buy it on the "US" store?

Edit: Nvm, just realized there's also a 40€ version of the game, it's the Origins version which is 60€. Though it's maybe still better to buy it on the US store?

beta you looks like a man who never played cj & who knows nothing about cj maps

Actually I'm pretty sure he was the one to first set up the 3xP' CJ server xD (maybe with Viruz also, I can't remember if you were already working on the server at the very beginning ^^ )

Since KTK videos would be like 10-20min long gameplays in my opinion, and don't know how amusing would they be, I wouldn't try doing ktk videos.

The fun thing about KTK would be final killcams, when someone kills the king and ends the round.

I thought about doing such a video, with lots of fun / skilled kills, since I have recorded hundreds of killcams when I killed the king.

However, I never took the time to learn how to make edits, and now no one is playing on our KTK server anymore.

Could be still fun to make such a video though :D I agree full gameplays would most likely be boring (unless the player is extremely good / tells fun stuff in the video), but lots of small clips could be fun to watch.

What negative points do you see in keeping people like that, or in accepting people like that in the team?

And more importantly, what do you call bad? I've played CJ maybe 30 hours (or more maybe, I don't really know), and I wouldn't be able to even finish (or maybe even begin) the test way. I'm stuck in easy ways. I mean, people able to pass the test in the required time are totally able to help players like me, and even, I think, way better players than me.
    So I think they would still be a nice addition to the team, if they are helpful and friendly.
    Just my opinion as a CJ noobie :D (and as server "manager" at some level (not talking about CJ server)).

Also I totally agree with mirko's last post.

PS: Didn't take the time to read most of the posts in this thread. Sorry if I missed smth.

Declined and closed.

Sorry, but very few people seem to be interested in your application, including Viruz. As stated in the application process thread, if there isn't enough feedback, your application will be declined.

If ever Viruz had just forgotten about your app, he will re-open it and make a statement.

Otherwise, feel free to write a new application later (you have to wait at least one month). However I suggest you wait until you're more known on the server, so you can get more feedback the next time.

why is so hard to give little help
    i ask only AC 130 script hardpoint.gsc killstrike

What's so hard to understand in:

sry, but we don't share our script files

These files were made by one of our modder. He put a lot of work into it to make something great to create a unique server. I see no reason why we would give those files away to some random guy we don't even know.
    Furthermore, the guy who created these files has been inactive in CoD4 for a very long time and wouldn't have the time to help people with their servers.

If you're talking about killstreaks from the KTK mod, you'd better ask these things to Viking (creator of KTK).

Hi simonvic,

I let your application open for over a week, but you got 4 dislikes and only one positive review.
    And to be honest, I have never seen Bad Boy$TN giving a bad review to anyone, ever. So it doesn't really count for me. Nothing against you Bad Boy$TN, but it seems you give your "yes" to anyone you find "cool", and that's definitely not enough to become a trusted player.

So, application Declined.

Reasons:
    - 4 dislikes
    - No real positive feedback
    - Application not bad, but very small and nothing exceptional