Beiträge von frisbeesky

Hello,

Here I have an update.
    Next week I gonna go on holidays which means that I will be brb.
    I'll be back on the 17th of July.
    To give a clear picture on how things are going for the montage, here I have clarified the 'phases' of the progress:

1. Collecting demos
    2. Preparationedits such as making the intro, cinematics, effects, etc. (things which don't require jumpperformances.)
    3. Completing the 'All MontageJumps Spreadsheet' (By using this spreadsheet the montage will contain 98-100% new jumps only)
    4. Deadline of collecting demos (currently unknown*)
    5. Selecting the demos. (participants will get informed which of their demos will get into the montage via a private message)
    6. Recording the demos.
    7. Editing the things in phase 1 and 2 into one video (editing the basic things such as transitions, some color correction etc.)
    8. Uploading the video and enjoy popcorn.

At this moment we're still in phase 1, when I come back I will completely start to focus on phase 2 and 3 and
    *when I've made a good start with that I will be able to tell the deadline more precisely.
    As I am writing this now I roughly estimate the deadline to be in mid-August, but again; could be earlier or later.
    The reason I haven't started earlier with the other phases is because I had to finish school and I didn't want to rush
    the montage to have it finished before I would go on holidays, neither did I want to have a 1 week break while working on it.

So to get to the point there is still some time left to send in demos.
    If you have trouble with motivation to tryhard the jumps you want perform I would suggest to just plan a period of time (half or a whole hour f.e.) to just go for it.
    It probably isn't the best suggestion but for every good montagejump you gotta offer some time. (and oh yeah.. take breaks when you lost focus after f.e. every 10 minutes or so ;P)
    Watching a montage or 2 could be motivating too. :P

Anyway, if you have any other questions you can ask them here in this topic or via steam before I gonna go on holidays, which is until July the 9th far in the after noon.

FrisbeeSky

Zitat

Please send your demos Viruz, FrisbeeSky, Funk or me via pm.

Please send your demos to Viruz, FrisbeeSky, Funk or me via pm.

Small mistake but huge meaningdifference xd.

Edit: be sure you get a response soon when you sent (a) demo(s) to one of us in case the person to whom you sent your demo(s) to is on holidays.
    In case you don't get a quick response then send your demo(s) to another person of us.

Hello,

I got a question for you all.
    I am currently working on the description in the spreadsheet which contains different kinds of catergories which are placed in columns after ever jump.
    Now at this moment I have marked all the jumps in the 'no rpg'/'rpg' category.
    Now, what I noticed while I watched every single montagejump, is that there are more kind of 'categories' needed to optimise the selection of the jumps.
    And with this said I have a question for you all:

Do I miss any kind of category which you can select a jump as?

These are the current catergories I already have: (look up the spreadsheet to see what these all mean.

- Call-Out
    - Distance
    - Distance-Height
    - Height
    - Rpg
    - No Rpg
    - Shortcut
    - Creative Jump
    - Bhop
    - Edgebhop/Bhopslide
    - Slide
    - Position landplatform

To help you all a bit, these are categories I haven't included yet but came up my mind later on:

- Speedramp
    - Rampslide
    - Scripted Bounce
    - Normal Jump
    - Slope

So if you can think of some more categories where you can select jumps into then feel free to reply.

Also, you may notice that the markfield is going to get bigger as more categories will get added, but that's not a problem because I have thought of a system which is going to solve that problem.
    So don't worry about that.

FrisbeeSky

Hello!

As you can tell I'm FrisbeeSky, which is also my ingame name, you can just call me 'fris' like most people do.
    I live in The Netherlands and was born on Januari the 14th 1998 so I'm 18 years old at the moment I'm writing this.
    Also at this very moment I am writing this I'm in my exams of high school.
    After this I'm going to study biotechnology on a school which is between the rank of 'high school' and 'university', though when the school introduces itself in English it just says 'university', probably because there isn't a word in English for the way we call it..
    Anyway, about my gamehistory: (copied and pasted from my cj-application, feel free to read more information about me there (FrisbeeSky's Application for the 3xP' Codjumper-Team) to prevent a novelsized text here in this app. ;P)

Zitat

8-9 years ago I started playing my first First-Person-Shooter James Bond 007 xDD, I don't know for how long I played that but later on I started playing Call of Duty 1 United Offensive which I played for 6 years, and since almost 3 years I have been playing Call of Duty 4 including 2.5 years of Codjumping. Ofcourse I have played more games, 90% of those other games are also first-person-shooters but I just wanted to point out the games I was most active on in the last 8-9 years.

The reason I want to join the 3xP clan is because I'm already in the codjumper team and from that position in the clan I am doing my best to improve the things here like you can probably already tell by some (novelsized) posts I've made in some threads.
    My skills are mostly focussed video-editing, increasing my cj-skill so I can provide demos for videos and listerning to other people.
    More detail about that will follow after the purpose of a recently made thread has been reached: Let's talk about the activities in 3xP' CJ Team

If you want you can check out my playerstats here:
    3xP' Statistics ~ « Player Details

And in case you want to contact me, here is a link to my Steamprofle:
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198055289723/

Feel free to ask any questions, like I said you can find a lot information on the 3xp application I made.

FrisbeeSky

if given: gfx, sfx, coding, modding, mapping skills

if given: electronic sports experience

Congratulations to everyone who is happy to be in the place they ended! :thumbsup:

I think this editingcontest was a great succes mainly because of the amount of participants and the way it got organised. So big shout-out to Drizzjeh and Viruz for organising! :thumbup:

For next time I would like to see the deadline 30 days after the thread gets made, this gives people around 20-25 days to actually work on the video since it probably takes around 5-10 days to notice the editingcontest plus thinking of how they could make the video, but this period of time is only regarded to circumstances such as this contest such as the fact that you had to use 5 demos, I mean, if the next contest includes more or less content then the amount of time for the preperation would be different too.
    Also for the next contest it might be a nice idea to see more variation in the way of how the contest looks like; instead of 5 demos you had to use, add a nice amount of demos and let the editers choose some themselves or include a song or theme or something.. those are just some examples.. just throwing out ideas.

FrisbeeSky