same key bind overwrite for multiple functions

• Thought this might be usefull, wanted to make a bind that can overwrite the same key for switching weapons and so that i can do bunnyhops more easily but since you cant bind to make and other bind (/bind k "bind....) had a different way to do so.

So i made 2 different .cfg files that change your keys functions.

This is the .cfg for swithcing weapons

Code
    1. bind MWHEELDOWN "weapnext"
    2. bind MWHEELUP "weapnext"
    3. bind 0 "exec js.cfg"

and this one is for the bunnyhops(jumps)

Code
    1. bind MWHEELDOWN "+gostand"
    2. bind MWHEELUP "+gostand"
    3. bind 0 "exec ws.cfg"

as long as those 2 .cfgs are in the mod folder of what ever mod you play they will be executed

hope this might help anyone in what ever way

• [...]but since you cant bind to make and other bind (/bind k "bind....) had a different way to do so. [...]

I think you can do that, this should work:

Code
    1. /bind [KEY_1] bind [KEY_2] [do_something]

So in your case:

Code
    1. /bind 0 bind MWHEELUP +gostand

I haven't tried but I guess if you combine this with toggle you can toggle the binds for [KEY_2] using just [KEY_1].

Alternatively you could just use two separate binds, in your case something like this:

Code
    1. /bind 0 bind MWHEELUP +gostand
    2. /bind 1 bind MWHEELUP weapnext
  • I use toggle binds for my FPS, for example... [KEY_1] would assign a toggle to [KEY_2] when pressed.

For example...

Code
    1. /bind [KEY_1] bind [KEY_2] toggle [function] [value1] [value2] ...

In proper use, it'd look something like this - these are binds I use in CodJumper to control FPS switches within 1 key/mouse button.

Code
    1. /bind B bind mouse2 toggle com_maxfps 333 250
    2. /bind N bind mouse2 toggle com_maxfps 333 250 125

By using toggles you can assign multiple toggles/binds to the same key(s) - this'll save yourself from using exec config's and such to get the same results.