CodJumper Infected

• Would you like to play this mod? 26

1. Yes (16) 62%
    2. No (7) 27%
    3. Maybe (3) 12%

Today I was playing infected in Infinite Warfare and I came up with the idea of having a version of infected that takes place in codjumper styled maps. I think this would end up being super chaotic, but it could also be a lot of fun.

I decided that if even a single person is willing to make even a super basic map for this (By this I mean one that has both gaps and bounces of variable size and difficulty), then I will make the mod to go with it.

Edit: Because of the current state of the poll and because Funk agreed to make a map for this mod, I will work on making this mod a reality.

• @Funk That is exactly what I meant, as I have thought about it more I think that more gamemode additions would be good, like gun game and sharpshooter as well as the other gamemodes that were implemented in bo1 wager matches and maybe some of the ones that were implemented into ghosts when they started to experiment with new gamemodes. One such gamemode that I might script is "All or Nothing." Also thanks for your enthusiasm. I am not a very good mapper, in fact I have yet to have a single successful map (Although I have only done bo3 zombies).

• Idk about the other gametypes but infected with knife only would be really fun I think.
    I can definitely help with mapping when it comes to making the jumps and bounces. Scripting is what I'm a bit concerned about since I have no past experience with it.

• I can help with scripting if you need it. All of the maps I have made had a lot of scripting in them, but later broke because of reasons out of my control, such as bad pathing for the zombies, or problems with lighting and textures randomly loading and unloading.

If the other gamemodes dont turn out well, then it will not be too big a deal since most of them are not particularly hard to script.

• @Bunny I wouldnt consider this a modded deathrun because the only thing it shares is a map with gaps and bounces. The similarities and there. The idea isn't to have a linear map that leads to a place where one can choose how to battle, but instead to have a non linear map that has many ways to traverse through it with multiple players playing in it at the same time with game modes like infected.

• I can kind of see where this idea is going. Does this idea have some similarities with 'tag' or 'micheal myers'?

an example of micheal myers, skip to 2:50 to see a good example:

I feel like it's worth bringing up the questions 'how is teleporting going to work out such as the save and load positions?'
    How do the maps need to look like?

• Ok so the gamemode works with 1 player starting out as an infected and the rest are just runners who try to survive. The infected tries to kill the runners with a knife and when he gets a kill, the player he killed will become an infected as well. At the start its ez since runners only need to avoid 1-3 infecteds but later it will become more chaotic when you are in like the last 5 runners and there are 20 infecteds trying to knife u :P

The infected wins if they can infect all the players before time runs out
    The runners win if they can avoid getting infected before time runs out.

This would be meant to be played in small maps with ez-inter level bounces with lots of different jumping opportunities to allow a proper chance to the infecteds and at the same time some really cool jumps to the cj pros.

There will be no saving/loading system as far as i know since it would break the gametype.
    The runners cant kill the infected, only avoid.
    Infecteds can and are suppose to kill runners with only the knife.
    Maps are suppose to be non-linear 'jumping arenas' with all kinds of bounces and gaps.

Hopefully this explained a little!
    I hope this was what you meant DuBCraft :P

• Zitat

Ok so the gamemode works with 1 player starting out as an infected and the rest are just runners who try to survive.

I assume that the runners have guns to kill the infected. I feel like this would turn out extremely OP when you would play this in a codjumperenvironment, also considering that bulletimpacts slow you down in mid air too disadventaging the infected. Maybe instead of guns try to come up with a system where a runner has to 'outrun' an infected to survive so it becomes more 'micheal myers'-like, for example making a certain area a runner has been 2 seconds ago deal some damage to the infected when the infected people chase a runner. Obviously the room can only get triggered once every 10 seconds or so, so runners ain't gonna camp, or another system where a runner really has to focus on 'outrunning' the infected people so you still keep the codjumperpart in the gamemode.

Zitat

This would be meant to be played in small maps with ez-inter level bounces with lots of different jumping opportunities to allow a proper chance to the infecteds and at the same time some really cool jumps to the cj pros.

I feel like if you would think about how the environment would look like I would more think of not too many different heightlevels, more towards having a flat terrain with holes in it so you can strafe to bounces and just come up through the ground so you will have a garuntee landing and then boucing is truely to just get faster through the map. But the problem here is: what if you fail? maybe when you fail you get randomly teleported within a certain radius of any infected?

I don't want to write a novelsized text already but I feel like there is quite a lot of things which we gotta take into account to make this gamemode work. :P
    It's not an impossible idea though, it's just really hard to make things balanced.

FrisbeeSky

• Funk got the concept of the game mode extreamly close to spot on, but the runners would need to have weapons or else the game would no longer be infected. In order to ballence it I think it would be best to nerf the crap out of a shotgun and give that to the runners as a weapon so that way the infected can't be blown out of the air unless they are being chased by a runner, or are extremely close to landing.

FrisbeeSky, in my opinion I think height variation would make the map more interesting, but your idea of having a flat map is still a good one. Though having any extream (ie totally flat or entirely verticle) will lead to a more bland experience.

Also with penalizing people who failed a gap or bounce I have had 2 ideas of my own: 1, teleport them back to where they last were (not really a penalty.. But oh well); 2, have it so they will just be stuck at the ground level and have to make their way back up but this will make map design a bit more complicated.
    I think your idea is a very good one, but could easily be exploited by the runner. There are a few additions to the idea that could ballence it more, but could also risk ripping the scale too far in the direction of the infected. The additions I can think of are: teleport the runner directly in front of the infected; orientate the runner so they can't see the infected; notify the infected that a runner was teleported to them; freeze the runners control is for a split second. Or a combination of the afore mentioned additions. But as I said before the list, these could all lead to too harsh a punishment or could be further exploited.

FUSTOLTKOLBA'SZ, that is an interesting idea but seems like it would be a pain to script, so I might implement it as a game mode after I have scripted the other things that I want to see. I will keep it in mind but I am most likely not going to work on it for a while.

Also keep in mind I haven't thought this through very thoroughly. Yesterday when I thought of the idea I decided to post it here to gage the interest in this mod and to start a discussion about it to develop the idea more.

P.s. sorry if I made any stupid or outright rediculus mistakes, I am writing this on mobile and my phone has a fairly awkward and impractical auto correct.

• thx for the detailed info. I know this kind of game from my sport lessons in school.

I think the mod could be really funny. But I think about one problem: the different player skills. Correct me if I'm wrong, but atm. we've players from Easy up to Inter plus (or whatever is the highest skill level). When you design the maps for Inter guys only, then it will be very lame for the easy guys. If you do it for the easy guys, then the game will be to easy for the Inter ones. I've no real solution here how you could provide fun for a wide range of skill levels

• I think the mod could be really funny. But I think about one problem: the different player skills. Correct me if I'm wrong, but atm. we've players from Easy up to Inter plus (or whatever is the highest skill level). When you design the maps for Inter guys only, then it will be very lame for the easy guys. If you do it for the easy guys, then the game will be to easy for the Inter ones. I've no real solution here how you could provide fun for a wide range of skill levels

That's why I suggested that the mapstructure should be more going towards having a flat terrain with holes in it so you can strafe to bounces and just come up through the ground so you will have a garuntee landing and then boucing is truely to just get faster through the map. Emphasising 'towards' meaning that maps shouldn't be completely like that because that would practically make every map the same, but it is at least a guideline for how maps could look like so the map is fun for all-skilled codjumperplayers.