Sony Vegas 11

• Its weird , because im recording (almost) at realtime with cl_avidemo 300.
    Im also writing on HDD (SSD would be probably 1:1 realtime record xD)
    Surely your hardware isnt the problem, i would assume its some settings in CoD.
    Or its your hdd which is almost dead. Either way you should try to change CFG and HDD and test around.

• You better ask drizz or me :D i think deleted User is a lauchkopfs when it come to cfg settings :D

• (SSD would be probably 1:1 realtime record xD)

Sadly, but no. I'm working on SSD only. There is a speed difference between SSD and HDD, but SSD will not give 1:1 realtime speed. It's not only about SSD. You need to have really strong PC to handle 1:1 realtime in avidemo. Also, for recording every editor is using higher graphic settings in GPU driver settings, like AA x16, FXAA, high quality textures [x32] and shadows etc. ;) After you will change these settings in drivers, your FPS will be lower 2-3 times than normal. Even SSD will not help you. :(

@Jack

You can also ask me if you want - here on pm, on xfire or on steam. I can send you my nickname via pm.

• So, the latest.

I recorded with avidemo a 20 second clip. Recorded at 150fps. It took about 30 minutes to record (that surely isnt normal) at 1280 x 800 - no different cfg, just the standard stuff.

Avidemo took 3811 screenshots. Is that a normal amount? The video in Vegas is a lot smoother, but has black bars either side of the video - not the end of the world though.

Just to note, i tried to record at 300fps earlier. Put simply, lol no.

Once my new Graphics card and CPU arrive i will test with them. I dont think that will change much though with the recording speed.

I will hopefully start looking at cfg's soon enough.

Once again, thank you all so much for your help!

• I recorded with avidemo a 20 second clip. Recorded at 150fps. It took about 30 minutes to record (that surely isnt normal)

It is normal.

Avidemo took 3811 screenshots. Is that a normal amount?

It is. You said you usec avidemo 150, so for every single second avidemo will take 150 screenshots. 3811 screenshots/150=around 25,4 seconds recorded. Everything is fine.

The video in Vegas is a lot smoother, but has black bars either side of the video - not the end of the world though.

You need to crop it in vegas, because 1080p or 720p has 16:9 aspect ratio. 1280x800 is 16:10.

I will make and publish tutorial about basic stuff and useful things like that. It will be on 3xP' board today or tomorrow (saturday or sunday). I will let you know about that on PM. ;)

• I recorded with avidemo a 20 second clip. Recorded at 150fps. It took about 30 minutes to record (that surely isnt normal) at 1280 x 800 - no different cfg, just the standard stuff.

It is normal.

I have to disagree myst. 8|
    I personally record 20-30 seconds at 1080p + moviecfg in about 25-35 seconds.
    Theres a problem somewhere because the hardware isnt bad.
    I didnt do much recording after all but the few things i have done were almost at 1:1 speed.

• @deleted User

Are you talking about avidemo? And if yes, what FPS?

Also.. movieconfig changes CoD4 look (colors, shadows etc.), but without changing graphic settings in your GPU drivers settings you won't get as good CoD4 graphic and, sadly, slower avidemo recording process.

I'm not saying your time is impossible. I know you have sick PC, probably that's why. :) But look, most of us have average PCs. :P We can make thread in Offtopic section "Post your PC spec". ^^