Q3 Defrag - Old school jump skill

• single jumps in cj are more complex,

in q3 defrag you always can hop after land with the same speed, so its more the 10 jumps together which make it hard.

In Codjumper you can just hop with the same speed if u gain more then 100 falldamage after land. So its more focused on doing a jump, save doing nextjump, save.
    So the single jumps are much harder then the ones in defrag. (I remember doing a jump in 2800 trys, i think this shows the complexity)

Also in Codjumper there a fps switches, and to control them correctly u need very very long time, in defrag u just use 125 fps all the time i think.
    its not like

Zitat

U just use an fps switch ....

And i dont think that u know anything about fps switches mirko so stfu ^^.
    When u do a jump which takes a swich like 333 250 333 250 125 - 333 250 125 333 250 and you have to time the switches exactly on 0.001 seconds, then tell me more about the complexity of Codjumper :PP.

• it's stupid to say cj is instantly harder and more complex since they're both two different games with completely different styles of jumping. while i would agree that cj is more complex in the jumps, its not to say that q3 is instantly easier.
    both cj and q3 jumps are extremely hard and have a huge learning curve to master, but the huge difference between the two is that q3 requires you to be a good jumper even in competitive play.
    in competitive playing, you also don't have a linear course from start to finish, you have to decide where you're going, what you need to get, how you are going to kill the player etc, and this is thinking made in less than a second. in q3, you have to use jumping to your advantage; it decides whether you are going to live or not. cj can be useful in promod, but you're limited to 250, which makes jumping even for me very awkward. if i tried to go and play some quake now i wouldn't have any skills in defrag at all.
    for example, look at this video where a good trickjumper is playing against well coded and expert difficulty bots on quake cpma, jumping skills is needed in playing seriously:

[/url]

• Reimu did u play wolfenstein et trickjump? Cause u call it trickjump :P

• it's stupid to say cj is instantly harder and more complex since they're both two different games with completely different styles of jumping. while i would agree that cj is more complex in the jumps, its not to say that q3 is instantly easier.
    both cj and q3 jumps are extremely hard and have a huge learning curve to master, but the huge difference between the two is that q3 requires you to be a good jumper even in competitive play.
    in competitive playing, you also don't have a linear course from start to finish, you have to decide where you're going, what you need to get, how you are going to kill the player etc, and this is thinking made in less than a second. in q3, you have to use jumping to your advantage; it decides whether you are going to live or not. cj can be useful in promod, but you're limited to 250, which makes jumping even for me very awkward. if i tried to go and play some quake now i wouldn't have any skills in defrag at all.
    for example, look at this video where a good trickjumper is playing against well coded and expert difficulty bots on quake cpma, jumping skills is needed in playing seriously:

[/url]

Im not trying to say that codjumper is more complex or harder, im trying to explain that the games require more focus on diffrent subjects..

• Surf after playing a year of CJ is a joke as well. Its just airstrafing without any rule.
    You can basically turn at any speed and you wont slow down.
    CJ has different angle sweetspots (for every fps) where you accelerate more.
    If you exceed the limit by lets say 10° you slow down and obviously fail the jump.
    Also the FPS switch timing is super difficult to optimize,
    because split of a second too late might make you fail the jump as well.

Bhop_badges might be hard if you speedrun it like kucki or 'you' ,
    however: hardest cj map > any surf/bhop map anytime

• Yea i think so too, to maintain your speed in codjumper u need to always be in the correct angle, to maintain your speed, and get even more speed and you always can be better dont matter if you play cj for 6 years or more.

Also you have to learn these angle for every fps (125/250/333) cause every fps have diffrent benefits.
    in cs surf you basicly just need to hold d/a and dont stop moving your mouse, to maintain speed in air.

(i dont say cssurf is unskilled, f.E. its very hard to make the correct move to jump off a slide or to land on it and maintain/get more speed, which is very hard and can also be done better dont matter how good you are)

Best example.

Vartazian,

First was a cj legend, played it for like 3 years or more.
    then started to surf and in like a half year he completet nearly every surf map (90% or so)

• <3