3xP' Gungame

• TESTSERVER: 92.222.33.143:28890

Hello,

Currently I'm modifying Lepko's gungame mod so we can have a 3xP' cod4 gungame server.

Information:

• No killstreaks/specials, just running & gunning
    • There are 25 weapons and therefore 25 levels
    • Knifing doesn't steal other people's levels, you need to make 2 weaponkills to rankup
    • Weapons are most likely to kill with 2-3 hits, it makes the mod faster

Changelog:

• added 23 custom weapons
    • increased speed and jumpheight a bit
    • removed falldamage
    • increased FOV
    • changed weapondamages (each weapongroups are equally strong, snipers are 1hitters)

I'm also planning on setting up a maprotation with custom maps, there are many very good ones.

Please post your ideas and opinions, or a map if you want it to be added.

• my thoughts feed :

-3 simple options which will influence the gamegoal:
    Do you want to excel the game to continue whenever one reached the 2kills on the final weapon(score based ending) ?
    Do you want to stop the game whenever one hits a certain killcount ?
    A timer based system ?

-Whenever you die?
    Do i lose my feed and start with the lvl 1 gun again OR do i keep my current hitcount weapon and be able to continue from where i died ?

-movement
    Do you want to remove the slowdown ? to get more promod like movements ?

-FOV
    FOV will be a user customizable feature or will it be preset to a certain value ?
    could imagine people would like to be able to define/use their own fov settings

-Maps
    There are some really good "promod aim" maps out there which would be fun to have whenever you have a low online player rate.
    (smaller maps for more action, accuracy will be key )
    will post some names later

• a main compeeting idea of the gungame is that the knife can lower the opponent gun level and get u a highyer level before getting 2 kills , i think the knife should be like that cause it will make more adrenaline in the game trying to always knife than shooting only . what do you think ?

and about the fov i agree with wingzor , even for me i always like to play with my own fov not more or not less , but you can make it like a command , i saw it in some public servers , 2 commands , 1 is !fps > this command makes fullbright for the player , 2nd command is !fov which gives fov 90 or 1.25 for the player , i think it will be better to make it up to the player to do so

• Need to fix a weapon bug atm :/ // fixed, ty wingzor

Anyways, little updates:

• replaced 2 weapons
    • rebuilt the soundaliases, changed the levelup sound
    • converted all 48khz audios so no one gets the unknown wave error
    • colour changes, added glow effect to the health info

Do you want to excel the game to continue whenever one reached the 2kills on the final weapon(score based ending) ?
    Do you want to stop the game whenever one hits a certain killcount ?
    A timer based system ?

Game stops when someone got 2 kills with the ballistic knife on level 25. Since I removed leveldowns that would be 50 kills.

-movement
    Do you want to remove the slowdown ? to get more promod like movements ?

Yea I disabled jumpslowdown, also removed falldamage, so you can jump alot.

-FOV
    FOV will be a user customizable feature or will it be preset to a certain value ?
    could imagine people would like to be able to define/use their own fov settings

Atm the player has fov 80 with fovscale 1.2 when he joins. I'll try to add a customization.

a main compeeting idea of the gungame is that the knife can lower the opponent gun level and get u a highyer level before getting 2 kills , i think the knife should be like that cause it will make more adrenaline in the game trying to always knife than shooting only . what do you think ?

Hmm, thanks for your opinion but I'll probably wont change that, because I wanted to remove the frustration factor.

• there is hell of a lot difference in deathrun knife/ promod knife.

promod uses as far as i know: 0,00 automated systems.

if you implement this knifing would become a skill on its own and it would be fairly easy to take down a person rushing on you whenever you have a decent set of aim.

If you make the knifing lower the oponents level but not increase your own level. it would be a pretty fair system i guess.

• I also don't like the normal gungame level system. I think it's a bit stupid to start with a pistol.
    Because for many people it's very hard to make the first 10 kills. The pros can get them very easy.

So I think it would be more fair to start with p90 or whatever and when you've 25 kills you should get a pistol. So it isn't so easy for pros because they can be killed with a automatic weapon.

The original gungame developer implemented this idea a bit with nade, c4 and knife for the last 6 kills but I think this isn't enough

• @mirko911: Either hard knife -> rankdown enabled, or normal knife (which is easier because of the faster movescale) -> no rankdown.
    Maybe test and then tell me what you like better. I like option 2 alot better because it's easy/funny to knife, but not so frustrating for the knifed one. :D

About the weapons, I tried to make them equally strong (except the crossbow and the ballistic knife, which are the last 2 weapons).
    Might change the order or make the pistols even stronger (atm they are at 60/35 damage).

@IHDI: I played until 1:00 yesterday/today, I checked now, it's online (has a DL loop though), but it still pings on xfire.

/restarted
    Anyways, how can I fix the downloadlooping? Put all the iwds in the mod folder?

• Nice job amnesia,

But i really dont like the increase of movement speed and jump height :/

• as far as I know the download bug has 2 reasons:

1) You changed iwd files without restarting the server
    2) There are files which shouldn't be in the iwd files [weapon files in usermaps in cj for example]

Btw: hard knife and more frustrating. But more fun to knife s.o.
    Also we can try to add final killcam and the other 3xP' Stuff xD

• my personal opinion:

-swap the guns ( pistols at end , with ballistics and scopes )
    -reset the default pistol damages( some take like a full mag to kill )
    -resetore the regular movement speed and jump height
    -i would suggest to restore falldamage aswell as it would spice up the heat in buildings and on heigher platforms.( cant escape jump off it without dying )
    -perks for deathstreaks/killstreaks ? ONLY when you are on rampages etc
    -simplify the menu, just make some explaination text with a PLAY NOW! button or something. as it is ffa you do not need to join a team or load a class w/e..

extra:
    you could create a new game element by descreasing the health of your character each level or rampage you enter ?
    lets say in example:
    100hp = level 1
    96hp = level 2
    92hp = level 3
    10hp = level 25
    just a random idea which popped up while typing this haha

• @mirko911: No but I could recompile with the gsc files in the 1.2 iwd file. Rebuilt the soundaliases, changed names because of the missing str file, but the .menu is missing. I might look into menu editing this weekend if I have time/motivation. :D

Upcoming changes:

• Order: Assaultrifles -> SMGs -> Snipers -> Pistols -> Crossbow -> Ballistic Knife.
    • Pistol damage: Currently it's 60/35 (max/min), might change it to 50/50, will test
    • Menu: Play-Quit. optional: FOV
    • Killstreaks/Deathstreaks: Sleight of Hand, Steady Aim,.. maybe Stopping Power for deathstreaks
    • Sounds: replace more sounds... someone suggested background music. I'm not a fan of ingame music because everyone has a different taste and you can easily listen to your own music. But I might consider adding a bg music if someone suggests a song that fits, would make it a toggle.
    • might change: decrease runspeed a bit (but I like it atm :/ , others too) - custom health for levels
    • not changing: falldamage (basic element of my idea of the mod, I don't want to set limits to the players' movements - jumpheight (it's only 40 instead of default 39 :D )

Please keep in mind that I'm a noob at this, so it could take a while before changes happen (also because of time), I want to try it myself before asking someone (Wingzor etc :whistling: ).