3xP' CoD4 server rules - Discussion

• Isn't that already a rule?

Do you see it anywhere in our rules? :D (if you're too lazy to search, the thread is here :P )

__________________________________________S_____I_____G_____N_____A_____T_____U_____R_____E__________________________________________

Any problem with a 3xP' server (server down, download loop,...)? - Feel free to mention it in the shoutbox so an admin can take care of it.
    ______________________________________________________________________________

3xP' TS3 IP: ts.3xP-Clan.com | Click here to directly join it.

• I just thought it is common sense not to suicide as activator :P

I think so too, but not everyone has the same "common sense", some people would ban where some others would simply kick or warn for instance, or some would kick for a glitch while some others wouldn't. That's why I think it's needed to regroup all rules somewhere (and punishments too).

__________________________________________S_____I_____G_____N_____A_____T_____U_____R_____E__________________________________________

Any problem with a 3xP' server (server down, download loop,...)? - Feel free to mention it in the shoutbox so an admin can take care of it.

• for deathrun it's pretty simple:

activate on free = kill and a second time kick
    blocking traps/parts = kill and a second time kick
    all other events apart from hacking = kick
    hacking = ban

laggjumping can be removed from the punishment list as it will automatically kill due the new system.

i prefer not using the warn fuction but for warning you can send a server note / personal message to this player( if this is a new player )
    most players on deathrun know the rules quite well but just try to figure out the limits and keep walking on the edge.

• for deathrun it's pretty simple:
    all other events apart from hacking = kick

No, some things (especially when repeated) require a tempban. A kick is almost nothing, at most you "lose" a round. But you just type /reconnect and you're fine... Even a 10 min tempban is a lot more annoying already. If someone keeps trolling (blocking an elevator for instance) after 1 or 2 kicks, he should be tempbanned. Otherwise he'll just never stop.

i prefer not using the warn fuction but for warning you can send a server note / personal message to this player( if this is a new player )

Why don't you like the warn function? It doesn't do anything bad. I agree a verbal warning without using the command can be enough as well, so I don't care if people use the !warn command or not, but at least the command makes the warning "official" (the person warned will know he's been warned by a player with perms and not just by a random player, which can be useful for trusted players who don't have the 3xP' tag, or even to know you've been warned by a real member and not a faker).
    Edit: Just noticed you talked about a "server note". Well that makes it official too ^^ Though I still don't see why you dislike the warn function :P You can just use it once then kick, you're not obliged to warn twice, resulting in a tb.

Btw, edited the punishments thread.

• Very nice!! Thx faced.

Btw Grvty gets demoted from his trusted rank as i saw him kicking for like everything.

Warning for people who just make fun with themselfs without asking whats up.

Used the Guid of an 3xP' Member on our server.

We do not accept any kind of abusement.

• Cmon guys I closed the thread to keep it clean for the future reports xD
    Anyway thanks for the nice feedback and likes ;)
    I'll delete the above posts (and this one) in the future when I'll post another "warn". If you want to discuss the rules, add a rule, or whatever, just write a post in the discussion thread ;)

I think when it's really extreme it's ok. Also it's just a warrn .

Yeah I understand this. I myself almost never play S&D and indeed I can't know what is best for every server and every game mod. That's why I created a "Discussion thread" for the rules. So that anyone can suggest that something should be added to the rules. And if several people say "yes this rule would be useful", then I would surely add it to our rules (except if there are also many arguments against the rule).

Because IMO we have to define clear rules.

Because otherwise if we just say "Yeah it's okay to kick for this, even though it's not in the rules", then anyone can kick for some reason that he himself thinks is good, and then say: "well, I thought it was right, and some people punish for stuff that aren't a rule so I thought I could do it". Like kicking for "abusing c4 fx" (nothing personal against you Grvty, that's just the best example I got right now).

• sry didnt see it was closed :P.

• So, I would like to finally specify a rule about camping.

Personally I have nothing against camping, because I think campers are most often not that hard to kill. They kill you once, you know where they are, you go back after respawn and kill them.
    The only exception would be if the player camps in "attack" in S&D, because it can be annoying if you have to run all around the map to actually find the guy and finally end that boring round.

So I would write the rule like this maybe :
    "Rule #8 - Don't camp too much in "attack" in S&D."

It needs to be rephrased because said this way it's ugly, but you get the idea.
    So camping would be allowed in all other cases.

If you disagree with this rule, if you want to add other cases where camping would be forbidden, please explain the reason(s) why, and suggest your own phrasing of the rule.

If no one writes a post here in the next week or so, the rule as I wrote it will become official, and you won't be allowed to punish for something else than what it says (i.e. for now, camping in attack in S&D).
    And if you punish while you shouldn't, I'll kick your ass :D Because I let you the chance to suggest modifications to this rule.

• i'm not against the rule nor do i agree with it.( doesn't change a single fuck i know )

but i would like to notify you about something which may make you reconsider to set this new rule:

As in ANY game/gametype a player has it's own tactics.
    so in cod4 > sd aswell.
    IF a player spawncamps, yes it might be anoying but it is a way of playing for them.
    YES, nades on rush routes are also annoying. but we live with it.
    spawn wallbangs are allowed aswell, and you cant basically do shit about it.

it's all about the gameplay the player likes.
    in my opinion> let them camp if they want to.
    yes it might be annoying for certain people but everybody can complain about something if he/she has to.
    let the campers camp, let the rushers rush. don't force people to not play how they would like to play. ( UNLESS it's using unfair advantages which are not part of the game : hax etc )

all i wanted to say about it.

• I totally agree with you on this. But it seems like it's not the opinion of many members/players, and I myself barely play S&D at all (or any regular CoD4 actually :D ), so maybe I'm not the best person to decide. So I decided to gather opinions ^^

• I play ony our Nuketown Sever neaarly everyday, and yea sometimes i sit in the house as attack player too. Often people flame then, but i cant understand why. I have to plant, why they dont just wait to win the round?

The only exception would be if the player camps in "attack" in S&D, because it can be annoying if you have to run all around the map to actually find the guy and finally end that boring round.

It can be also annoying when you plant and the defense player camps and you want to end this boring round.^^
    Thats why i think there shouldnt be a rule for camping.

Hope you understand my point of view :)

• So, as i play very much on the nuketown server i think i know what camping problems we have there.

Camping as attack in snd:

Is definetly no problem, defence can just wait an wins the round.
    Also SnD in nuketown isnt really objective based, its more like tdm without respawning. So both sides should be allowed to camp.
    And thats the normal case, 5 scopes vs 5 scopes = noone rushes.
    Its like shuzk said.

We have some other camping problems, which are rly annoying.

The car campers:
    There is just one counter spot to kill them, its out of defence backside balcony.
    But also this spot is important to use for defence side so we cant forbit it. But in some cases can be really annoying (f.e. tdm guy camps 3 mins there)

The same things are for some other spots like: attack bunker, defence house the spot u reach from the bed and both spawns behind the spawn fences.

But also this are too important spots to forbid camping there.

But i think we need a way to punish people with provoke with extreme camping ( 2 mins on one spot in tdm, 5 rounds car camp in arow im snd, spawncamp in defence in snd behind the fences.

Im sure we can see if a guy is camping extreme on one spot like this so i think calling the rule

#8 Camping too long on one spot isnt allowed.

Would be the best way.

• I agree with Viruz and Wingzor.
    Camping is like rushing a part of the game.

Sometimes it's better to wait if the enemy does s.th stupid.

The problem with defining a rule is that you can't specify a time x to wait until warn/kick/...
    So when you define a rule with "don't wait to long" it depends on the guy when a camp is "to long".

I won't hope it but I think there will be more posts about guys who got kicked to early for the rule then posts who complains about an admin kicking without the rule.

So I think no rule is easier then a rule.

• I like my rule, in the case of no rupe and u kicksomeone for camp he says like blaa look in the rupes there is no rule for camp blabla..

Remeber situation i had with myst. Its clear why i kicked him. And i will kick in future 2 if someons camps hard or to provoke others..

Nooffence myst. :P

• not that simple, sometimes 1 minute camp is okay, sometimes not. you cannot just define the time.

Its not that hard to lets the members decide if he should be punished or not.
    If some one really Camps people will see it