CJ Stock Map Server?

• Hey Jumpers :) ,

So i thought about a stock map CJ Server , because existing ones have old, outdated or buggy
    mods and arent really enjoyable in my mind. The thing is there are not much Stock Map Jumpers
    anymore and so it will probably not get much players unless we promote the server a bit.
    Some more stock map jumpers would be so sick, because i enjoy stock map and play it very often.

It was actually just a thought maybe i can get some points of your view about a stock map server. :saint:

• Good idea but i think that only a very little amount of cj players play stock maps.
    The only people i know who actively play it are Hardcore and |!SancheS!|.
    It could be a good idea but i wouldnt play on the Server even if we would open one.
    Simply because i cant get 100% steady 333 and 500 on most stock maps (except with fullbright but who wants to play with fullbright anyway :/ ).
    Given the amount of player on the current CJ Server who cant even get steady 250 on CUSTOM maps with extremely less textures / decals etc etc, i doubt that they could find enjoyment in stock maps.
    Also although i really enjoy videos about stock map jumping such as solo routes and similiar, i find it extremely annoying that bounce surfaces and/or sweetspots are very small and at weird angles (thats just my opinion tho).
    If you find a decent amount of players tho i dont think its a problem to set up another server since we've got a good mod now :thumbup: .

So to sum it all a little up:

Pro:

• Something "new"

• You arent forced to complete a given way

• Maybe a new source for videos (Promotion)

Con:

• Alot less players
    • You have to start somewhere to get to several spots (can take alot of time)
    • Server split

Ideas:

IF we set up the Server:

• Gravity Gun for everyone
    • Noclip / Ufo for everyone
    • Teleport for everyone
  • Hm i really think that the server will be empty for 90% percent of the time,

i tested adding stockmaps to our current cj server but they just was active for 15mins or so then the mapchange vote gone through

I dont think it would be usefull, when people wanna play stockmaps they can do ot in devmap ^^

• Good points, but Viruz like do you have much fun playing alone on devmap, me not,
    so a new cj stock map server with a nice mod, may be the solution against less
    stock map players.

I think Grav Gun and Noclip for all too, will give the server a good playerboost
    and makes Stockmap way more noobfriendly than other servers :)

• u dont have fun playing on devmap cause u play alone, but on a stock map server this wont be diffrent, you would play alone 2 95% of time i think :P

• u dont have fun playing on devmap cause u play alone, but on a stock map server this wont be diffrent, you would play alone 2 95% of time i think :P

I think he means that if we have a server, he can tell a friend : "Hey let's go have some fun together on the stock map server", so they'll be at least 2, which is way better than playing alone already :P And he could do that whenever he wants, even if it's maybe not often. He can't do that with devmap.

__________________________________________S_____I_____G_____N_____A_____T_____U_____R_____E__________________________________________

Any problem with a 3xP' server (server down, download loop,...)? - Feel free to mention it in the shoutbox so an admin can take care of it.
    ______________________________________________________________________________

3xP' TS3 IP: ts.3xP-Clan.com | Click here to directly join it.

• okay im in, we have nothing to loose

call it 3xP' CJ Stockmaps

• i doubt people would play the stock maps.
    9,9/10 servers running stock maps are completely empty.

the fact that you do not have to follow a certain track but have to exploit the map yourself gets bored for alot of people.
    in my opinion ( just my opinion based on my perspective ) people like it more to play a pre-defined set which you can complete/finish.

i think if you setup a stock server it takes time you could have spend on different stuff.( waste of time )

• the fact that you do not have to follow a certain track but have to exploit the map yourself gets bored for alot of people.
    in my opinion ( just my opinion based on my perspective ) people like it more to play a pre-defined set which you can complete/finish.

I think you're totally right.
    So, wouldn't it be actually possible to edit stock maps in some way (Idk anything about that, except that I've seen stock maps on some promod servers which have edited textures/colors, on the barrels for example), so that you would put very visible arrows of different colors on certain known paths, and paint splashes on the "bouncing spots" on the way, and maybe differently shaped splashes on the point you should reach after the bounce, to create (or more like, to show) several CJ paths on stock maps. And when you've reached the end of a path at the top of a building or smth, you would write in a circle smth like "Congratulations - you've completed Backlot path n°3 - Difficulty: Inter" (the difficulty should be written at the beginning of the path maybe).

Not needed to show ALL the paths - I guess there are too many possibilities on stock maps? but maybe just drawing 3 to 5 paths among the best/funniest/longest ones, so that everyone could have fun for a while on a maps, in a more easy way - I think part of the reason why stock maps CJ servers are empty, is because if you're alone and join a stock map server, and you have no one to help you, you will just get stuck easily on the way, and minimizing the game to check a youtube video to remember where to go/where to bounce, or the right way to bounce every 30 seconds is just too annoying.

More advanced CJ players would still be able to choose/find other or new paths on the map indeed. Or to use sometimes different bounces on a certain defined path. I think it's not important at all to show all the possibilities to reach one particular point, as long as there is ONE path anyone can follow for a little while.

I think it would really change everything and could lead to a populated server in the end. If it's possible indeed (but in the "worse" case, it's possible to take a stock map and make it a "custom/downloadable" map to be able to edit it, isn't it?), and if anyone would be willing to do this for some maps indeed.

__________________________________________S_____I_____G_____N_____A_____T_____U_____R_____E__________________________________________

Any problem with a 3xP' server (server down, download loop,...)? - Feel free to mention it in the shoutbox so an admin can take care of it.
    ______________________________________________________________________________

3xP' TS3 IP: ts.3xP-Clan.com | Click here to directly join it.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von UFaced ()

• I Really like this idea ufaced, i reminds me of the old Wolfenstein Enemy Territory Trickjumping

There was Jumpmaps which called "tutorialjump"
    These map got Ways which were seperated in like 20-40 rooms (beat room1 = tp to room2, beat room2 = tp to room3 etc.)
    The Rooms was just little parts which are cutted out of stockmaps, and you could just reach the portal to the next room,
    if you complete the jump (which is the same like in the stockmap)

Would be so nice if cod4 had such jump maps, would even make codjumper interesting for promodplayers.

I dont know if u can imagine what i mean, i dont find a yt vid, ill try to make some screenshots this evening.

We could even run this maps on our normal codjumper server, because its nearly the same like a normal jumpmap then

• yea :/

• why would you need the sprays?

just make knife or nade press save the origin to a log. that's all you need xd.

but it has to be an exact copy.

you could also use this for hintstrings.
    but i suggest involve mam in creating hintstring paths.

!log :stringhere:

will write the origins to a log + the string the admind want to see there.

could create this in 10 mins if needed.